Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I just want to know if Castle Oblivion and all 25 of its floors are going to be a world in KH3 or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Raxivace posted:

I just want to know if Castle Oblivion and all 25 of its floors are going to be a world in KH3 or not.

Considering Ventus is still sleeping in there I wouldn't be surprised if we went back at some point (also I find it kind of funny that even after all this time nobody has bothered filling Sora in on what happened during COM).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Marluxia desperately tries to help Sora remember that time he killed him.

"Lots of white rooms? Card games? Pretty impressive sprite work? COME ON KID."

Larryb posted:

(same goes for Roxas and Ven come to think of it).

I also am dying to see Jesse McCartney go insane talking to himself.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'm really hoping they don't waste the opportunity of having Sora, Roxas, Ventus, and Vanitas all alive/awake/existing at the same time. These four need to meet up.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Odds are very high that Roxas and Ventus meet. The question is whether they'll be shocked or they know each other from chilling on Sora's heartbeach together for a while.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Larryb posted:

Considering Ventus is still sleeping in there I wouldn't be surprised if we went back at some point (also I find it kind of funny that even after all this time nobody has bothered filling Sora in on what happened during COM).

With Aqua on team Xehanort I figure she'll be retrieving Ventus and taking him to be Norted as well.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

J-Spot posted:

With Aqua on team Xehanort I figure she'll be retrieving Ventus and taking him to be Norted as well.
Probably, yeah. Chances are Demyx is on the team as well, which leaves just one more spot for Ventus.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Master Xehanort
Young Xehanort
Xemnas
"Ansem"
Xigbar
Saix
Marluxia
Larxene
Luxord
Terra-Nort
Aqua
Vanitas

That leaves just one slot open, and it's probably Demyx's.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also, isn't Ventus' heart one of the many currently taking up space in Sora's while his body in Castle Oblivion is little more than a hollow shell at this point? I'm not sure if he can be Norted at the moment since there's no heart to take control of.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 21, 2018

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

Master Xehanort
Young Xehanort
Xemnas
"Ansem"
Xigbar
Saix
Marluxia
Larxene
Luxord
Terra-Nort
Aqua
Vanitas

That leaves just one slot open, and it's probably Demyx's.
But Terra-Nort never got confirmed, did he?

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Larryb posted:

Also, isn't Ventus' heart one of the many currently taking up space in Sora's while his body in Castle Oblivion is little more than a hollow shell at this point? I'm not sure if he can be Norted at the moment since there's no heart to take control of.

I'd think that would make it easier to be Norted--just slap a heart shard or whatever the hell in there. But admittedly I'm not 100% sure how it works (is anyone?).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

effervescible posted:

I'd think that would make it easier to be Norted--just slap a heart shard or whatever the hell in there. But admittedly I'm not 100% sure how it works (is anyone?).

I think it would be a nortcrux.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

chumbler posted:

I think it would be a nortcrux.

:golfclap:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

TheLoneStar posted:

Part of me kind of wants Re:coded to end up being super crucial to the series in some way.

I 100% guarantee it will

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Raxivace posted:

Surely there's nothing of relevance left in the basement floors. Poor Ven must've been on Floor 14.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

Surely there's nothing of relevance left in the basement floors. Poor Ven must've been on Floor 14.

Ven is on whatever floor you use the Deep Jungle world card on.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/ThisIsACoolGuy/status/1009926039441756162

I can't believe I actually did it. I can finally play The Good Games now. Until I eventually get to DDD which is apparently bad? I dunno.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
DDD is my favorite but I'm heavily in the minority

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I really liked DDD and immediately replayed it on Critical after beating the game and doing all of the optional stuff on Proud. I personally like it as much as BBS and KH1 and better than KH2. Even though the plot is word salad to the max. Maybe BECAUSE the plot is word salad to the max!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
https://twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1009872032539045893

nomura's so close to realizing that he's a waste of space

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

J-Spot posted:

Ven is on whatever floor you use the Deep Jungle world card on.

I bet if Disney and Square had known about the issues that would prevent Tarzan from being reused in future games they would have gone with Jungle Book or something instead(especially since they apparently have tried using it multiple times in the series only to drop it every time)

Also hopefully for the several remaining worlds yet to be revealed for 3 we get at least one completely out of left field selection like NBC was for 1, and POTC, TRON, and Timeless River were for 2

Also it would be neat if some of the worlds exclusive to BBS and 3D got reused eventually in a main game, wouldn't even be particularly hard to justify for most of them

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Oxxidation posted:

https://twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1009872032539045893

nomura's so close to realizing that he's a waste of space

lol that's like the opposite of when they interview people like uematsu and sakaguchi.

"we work closely with each other to make these things out of our dreams... when there is a large team, it can become difficult to realize it as clearly. everyone must work hard together, even if it's just a small group."

vs

"i'm a sage. everyone else does the work. i feel like it's no longer my vision"

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
I guess it's not surprising, considering that he failed at managing ffxv so hard it got taken away from him

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Maybe it's because Nomura never should have directed games when he was just a character designer, but stuff happened in the early 2000's that could have gone better.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
ive been super bored with my PS4 lately and my only Platinum is Bloodborne so im pre-ordering KH3 and Platinuming every game in a row.

don't try to talk me out of it...

please...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Arist posted:

I picked the Staff in KH1 Final Mix because the extra MP bar was helpful and had to beat the Mysterious Figure without Second Chance because I didn't want to grind to 90.

:hfive:

Honestly Second Chance isn't needed because Leaf Bracer + MP Rage is broken in KH1, you'll never die.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I have no idea how, but somehow I managed to unlock the secret ending of KH2 on Beginner Mode (I went back and beat the final boss again on my clear game file and suddenly triggered it after the credits). Also on that run I learned two useful bits of knowledge:

1. Anti Form actually can kill bosses (I wound up triggering it during the Armored Xemnas fight so I just decided to start slashing away at him until the Drive Gauge emptied out and somehow one ended up finishing him off).

2. If you get the final phase of Xemnas down to his last health bar via a Limit command you can actually skip the Riku section of the fight entirely.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Is there a summary of this poo poo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They released/are releasing a full KH compilation on PS4 right? Is it remasteres of all the side games like the DS and 3DS games and everything? I'm considering getting it before KH3 comes out since I never got to experience any of the other games beyond KH1 and KH2, what with them being on 100 different systems.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Macaluso posted:

They released/are releasing a full KH compilation on PS4 right? Is it remasteres of all the side games like the DS and 3DS games and everything? I'm considering getting it before KH3 comes out since I never got to experience any of the other games beyond KH1 and KH2, what with them being on 100 different systems.

There's an all-in-one package available on PS4, yes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Bust Rodd posted:

ive been super bored with my PS4 lately and my only Platinum is Bloodborne so im pre-ordering KH3 and Platinuming every game in a row.

don't try to talk me out of it...

please...

Dude. DUDE. I have KH1.5+2.5 ReMIX (my wife is just playing through KH 1 & 2 with me filling in story gaps) and I'm contemplating doing the same thing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance are probably the most important ones to take note of (also Chain of Memories if you haven't already seen/played/read about it). So either just play those or look up a plot summary online.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mordiceius posted:

Dude. DUDE. I have KH1.5+2.5 ReMIX (my wife is just playing through KH 1 & 2 with me filling in story gaps) and I'm contemplating doing the same thing.

We will be brothers in Hellworld together. I’m honestly more of a Roxas than a Sora, in that I will also do sick nasty skateboard tricks while gleefully slaughtering folks. Are you a Riku or a Mickey?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

ZenVulgarity posted:

There's about fifty million timeline videos on YouTube.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I don't want to dissuade anyone from trying to plat all the games, but just know that you'll probably still be working your way through getting the platinum trophy for Re:CoM by the time KH3 comes out.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I really liked DDD and immediately replayed it on Critical after beating the game and doing all of the optional stuff on Proud. I personally like it as much as BBS and KH1 and better than KH2. Even though the plot is word salad to the max. Maybe BECAUSE the plot is word salad to the max!

Found a Nort, lads, so watch putting any X's in your posts.

Wait fu-

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
someone change the thread title to "Just buy the 1.5+2.5 bundle and start at the beginning"

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
And play in release order! Not disc order. On the disc, they want you to see 358/2 days before KH2 which is baffling.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

SonicRulez posted:

Found a Nort, lads, so watch putting any X's in your posts.

Wait fu-

I like KH2 a lot but
-3 hour tutorial as Roxas that drags every time I repay this
-Atlántica 2: The Musical
-the Organization shows up and are all mysterious and ominous but half of them are already dead because of CoM, and honestly I think the ones introduced in CoM were more interesting (except Xigbar)
-you get these insane movement powers from leveling up your forms and then there is NOTHING in most of the levels that rewards you for using them. BBS was much better about this.
-the levels are really flat and empty. Absolutely the least interesting level design in the series, except maybe Days
-You only get to play as Riku for like 30 seconds

There's a lot I like about it, but I can't say it's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

It's amazing how much better KH2 is to KH1 though.

I'll take Atlantica 2: The Musicial to Atlantica 1: Swimming Controls for Combat Suck and the Camera is Terrible.