Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Matt Lindland posted:

Why didn't they just use footage of the McPoyles, we haven't seen those shots on West World before & they really show you the menace and evil in William's heart.

Dolores isn't a McPoyle, and as we know they keep their bloodline pure as the driven snow...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I think you're blowing this out of proportion, it will all make sense when we get to the maze pariah ghost nation territory Escalante the edge of the park the door the cradle the valley beyond the lake formerly known as the valley beyond.

Wait just a tick, didn't they find the tiger corpse at the edge of the lake that hasn't been created yet? Doesn't that imply that Rajworld Grace hasn't arrived yet?

No, it was established that there are rivers in the park and they are probably on at least one park border.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I ain't playing no goddamn Westworld game that isn't some sort of Rollercoaster Tycoon/Sims ripoff.

Theme HospitalWorld. Everyone's going to the research building!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The tiger was going the other direction

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Wait, how do the tigers work in Rajworld normally?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

YOU WILL RAPE HERRRR!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtjGqxSiw_A

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Wait, how do the tigers work in Rajworld normally?

They're CGI when things are normal, too.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
My assumption was that William raped Dolores in the barn more than once. And that, like, lots of other people had done the same.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

esperterra posted:

imo it's only lazy in the sense that scene happened after his wife died. Otherwise who cares lol
People have just assumed that, because it hadn't been contradicted yet, but there's actually no evidence that the scene happened after his wife died - and now there's evidence to the contrary.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

A Buttery Pastry posted:

People have just assumed that, because it hadn't been contradicted yet, but there's actually no evidence that the scene happened after his wife died - and now there's evidence to the contrary.

yeah, we dont know when exactly the infamous barn-rape scene occurred. It was never established

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

YOU WILL RAPE HERRRR!!

lol

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"It is July 27th, 2078, this is before my wife, Juliet, has killed herself because I am a monster. I am William Delos, my last name is Delos because I took my wife's name because I am a beta cuck. I am here to rape Duhlorous."

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Cojawfee posted:

"It is July 27th, 2078, this is before my wife, Juliet, has killed herself because I am a monster. I am William Delos, my last name is Delos because I took my wife's name because I am a beta cuck. I am here to rape Duhlorous."

"Welcome to Jackass."

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
The tiger attacked her from the front yet she had scratch marks only on her back. Discuss for 5 pages.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

The tiger attacked her from the front yet she had scratch marks only on her back. Discuss for 5 pages.

How can the tiger be real if Emily isn’t real

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

william thought his daughter and the security guys were hosts.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i dont think he thought the security guys were hosts

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Does it really matter if William is also a host?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i dont think he thought the security guys were hosts

he did. he thought it was all part of ford's game.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I mean yeah, ofc William could have done that same song and dance with Dolores many times over the years. I just get people saying it's jarring using that shot from the pilot. Did it take me out of the scene? for a hot second. Do I think it really matters, though? nah not really.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You really think that William would murder the security guards when he could just say "I own this place, you work for me, I'm not leaving."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

If Billy owns Delos which owns WW, why does he have to gently caress around for 30 years waiting for Ford to jump off the deep end and let the hosts go crazy. Why can’t he just send out an email like “hey, turn the bullet protection off I wanna be able to die tia”

Probably because "my boss told me to kill him" doesn't hold up in court

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Cojawfee posted:

You really think that William would murder the security guards when he could just say "I own this place, you work for me, I'm not leaving."

yeah tbh. I think he's genuinely so far gone that he didn't want to deal with even the tiniest delay of his men trying to bring him back to the mesa where it's safe, what with the hosts revolting and all. Him thinking they were hosts makes sense and him knowing they were humans makes sense, for me at least. He's going to finish this game of Ford's no matter what.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I played the mobile game for about a day. It's... pretty much exactly what you would expect from a mobile freemium game. I would never have even given it more than 10 minutes if I wasn't so into the show. One day is about how long it takes before you hit a serious roadblock where it's obvious that if you want to keep progressing at a reasonable speed, you'll have to pay up. I mean, if you want to call it "progressing".. it's hardly a game if you can't really fail. Again, just like 90% of mobile games. I'll admit that it was interesting to see how they would turn the concept of the show into one of these things and the system they came up with is kind of creative. It would work as a legit RCT-style strategy sim.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I played the mobile game for about a day. It's... pretty much exactly what you would expect from a mobile freemium game. I would never have even given it more than 10 minutes if I wasn't so into the show. One day is about how long it takes before you hit a serious roadblock where it's obvious that if you want to keep progressing at a reasonable speed, you'll have to pay up. I mean, if you want to call it "progressing".. it's hardly a game if you can't really fail. Again, just like 90% of mobile games. I'll admit that it was interesting to see how they would turn the concept of the show into one of these things and the system they came up with is kind of creative. It would work as a legit RCT-style strategy sim.

This. It's so bad. It's essentially a reskin of Fallout Shelter, another bad Simtower wannabe. There clearly are only two mobile freemium games that let you play for reals and that's Rules of Survival and NBA Live (w console level of gameplay).

I guess you don't need to make a game with gameplay if it makes money though!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

An Ounce of Gold posted:

This. It's so bad. It's essentially a reskin of Fallout Shelter, another bad Simtower wannabe.

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-sues-makers-of-westworld-game-saying-it-uses-1827054508

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

:lol:

But hey, SimTower's spiritual successor is $6 on steamsale!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

AhahAHahahaha

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

omg lol that's the first screenshot of the WW game I've seen and yeah that's just Fallout Shelter lmfao

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

esperterra posted:

omg lol that's the first screenshot of the WW game I've seen and yeah that's just Fallout Shelter lmfao

Oh it absolutely uses the same engine and poo poo, I can't believe this isn't some engine licensing situation or something. A company that got hired to make parts of Shelter just straight up re-used a bunch of stuff. That's hilarious.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao look at that screenshot, how much more obvious can it be?

How do all these Sim Tower rip-offs plagiarize each other so readily, this is that Tiny Tower/Dream Heights thing all over again

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I had heard the comparisons to Fallout Shelter but had never seen the game, but now seeing those screenshots, lol yeah it's a blatant ripoff. I hope they win the lawsuit. gently caress mobile games, they're as evil as Delos.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
That's how mobile game development goes. As soon as someone comes up with a mildly successful game concept there's a 1000 copies of it within 2 weeks on the app store trying to sponge up a little bit of that microtransaction cash.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DariusLikewise posted:

That's how mobile game development goes. As soon as someone comes up with a mildly successful game concept there's a 1000 copies of it within 2 weeks on the app store trying to sponge up a little bit of that microtransaction cash.

Yeah, this isn't even the first Fallout Shelter copy I've seen. There's some kind of cartoon fantasy castle game that looks awfully similar.

SUE'EM! Yee ha!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

There are other games that look very similar (some castle one?) but this one was the same developer and has identical bugs :lol:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Yeah, this isn't even the first Fallout Shelter copy I've seen. There's some kind of cartoon fantasy castle game that looks awfully similar.

SUE'EM! Yee ha!

This isn't a "you made a similar game" thing. The company that made this game was hired to work on fallout shelter and they copied that code to make this game.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

This isn't a "you made a similar game" thing. The company that made this game was hired to work on fallout shelter and they copied that code to make this game.

I know. I read the entire article. I even looked at the ads! Who made the castle game? I assumed it was the same people since it looks the same as Fallout Shelter.

E: I checked. It's a different company.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 22, 2018

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

DirtyRobot posted:

Hey speaking of Teddy "Flood"...

...if he just blew his brains out, how does his corpse end up floatin' in the giant lake by the end of the two week timeframe with everyone else? Bernard says he killed them "all" -- did he mean he killed all of them, minus Teddy, who was already dead but just sorta got dragged along? Ala Weekend at Bernie's Bernard's?

edit: another idea -- when William talks to Ford in the flashback bar scene, Ford says, "Ohh... I just came to... pay my respects." Is this a hint that William died long ago?

Uh, excuse me, Bernard is clearly shown to have killed only 7395 of the hosts in that lake, yet there were 7397 hosts floating in it, and yet he said "I killed them all"?

This is clearly a huge plot hole and furthermore

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
gently caress the haters, the game is supposed to be identical. It’s a brilliant, deliberate commentary on the nature of self, furthermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's not bad dialogue code theft, it's just written that way because the dialogue was written that way in universe a commentary on the nature of the mobile gaming market.