Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
We had a facebook chat split. Apparently, people were becoming friends and talking nicely in the raid chat and people got pissed off and formed a raid only group and then added everyone into the second chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

omnibobb posted:

We had a facebook chat split. Apparently, people were becoming friends and talking nicely in the raid chat and people got pissed off and formed a raid only group and then added everyone into the second chat.

Don't see the problem there. Especially since they added everyone. Some folks keep their random chat channel for posting reaction gifs and lets others keep their super serious event coordination channel for their children's game.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

omnibobb posted:

Sounds a lot like us. We even had some drama where one 50 year old bitched about some 60 year old remote razzing and that it was against the EULA and that he was going to report all of Instinct to Niantic. 3 days later everyone was friends again, but still. It was very o_O when it happened.

Linx posted:

I'm waiting
:colbert:

Yeah? Have you gotten it yet? :P

Datasmurf fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 22, 2018

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

omnibobb posted:

This is actually a very good way of dealing with it once the group grows big enough. Then you can have the raid group for when someone is outside playing and just wants to see if people are coming to a certain raid and they don't have to go through 100 messages of someone talking about their cat.

I mean you can literally have all the same people in both chats and just have a rule that raid plans go to one and general chat goes to the other.

This isn't necessary in small groups of course.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Datasmurf posted:

Sounds a lot like us. We even had some drama where one 50 year old bitched about some 60 year old remote razzing and that it was against the EULA and that he was going to report all of Instinct to Niantic. 3 days later everyone was friends again, but still. It was very o_O when it happened.

I swear the older players are the biggest drama queens. Today’s raid chat was about a guy in his 50s who “took a stand” against shiny legendaries being a guaranteed catch by screen recording himself throwing all of his balls at the ground on his first shiny kyogre and posting it on facebook.

“Datasmurf” posted:

Yeah? Have you gotten it yet? :P

I did! I was holding onto it for a bit to see if I could free up an egg slot but it’s late here so I decided I probably wasn’t going to bother and just opened it :)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lmao oh my god the wave of free poo poo lol this owns. i went from 0 pinaps to over 100 in an hour. im pinaping pidgeys to make room lol

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

lmao oh my god the wave of free poo poo lol this owns. i went from 0 pinaps to over 100 in an hour. im pinaping pidgeys to make room lol
Dumping them on gyms is useful too!

Oyster posted:

I intended to only be friends with people in my raid group or that I could realistically trade with.

I now realize that was a horrible mistake and should be flinging gifts all around the world, so I'm on the sheet. Whoo.

I realized that you can get Eggs which have the location of the gift giver as their 'location', so if you trade them locally they count as long-distance Pokemon and add a lot to the trading distance medal. So, I changed my mind too so I can get some long-distance eggs.

For long-distance gifts from the Netherlands:
4061 3046 4865

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

20 gifts a day x 5-25 items is a lot of crap. I wonder if Nia thought this through.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
I went through and added everyone posted so far

Added myself to the spreadsheet, and here's my code for good measure: 6661 6075 3282 (Aus)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DeadlyHalibut posted:

20 gifts a day x 5-25 items is a lot of crap. I wonder if Nia thought this through.

does it really matter though? the biggest limiting factor on progression in this game isn't items, its how much time you're willing to spend walking/biking around and interacting with gyms. gym defense is a joke so having a boat load of items isn't going to change that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

DeadlyHalibut posted:

They're trying to push people toward incubators to flush out the old eggs and get the Alolan forms. Friends lead to more items and more interaction and in turn new eggs with new pokemon. People will dump money on the shop for super incubators like you wouldn't believe.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
[tugs at collar nervously]

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Louisgod posted:

They're trying to push people toward incubators to flush out the old eggs and get the Alolan forms. Friends lead to more items and more interaction and in turn new eggs with new pokemon. People will dump money on the shop for super incubators like you wouldn't believe.

I actually like the alolan eggs system, you can practically choose if you want to get more of them or if you want to keep normal eggs around (accept gifts with open egg spots to get alolans, with no open eggs to get just items). This will probably stick for a long time and I can see getting tired of the 7k alolan eggs at some point.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

At this point I’d be okay if all eggs came from gifts, but of course not everyone has the benefit of being a goon and having a billion friend requests. At the same time, I’m having fun because my Alolan eggs thus far are from Winnipeg and Tbilisi. That’s honestly really cool!

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

My friend code is 1658 9837 0056 if anyone wants postcards from Yorkshire, UK.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
I get way more presents from stops than I can give away. Add, and ye shall receive!

0857 1417 3209

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
do we know what the alolan eggs become?

also i'm peeved I can't remember my alt's username, I have absolutely no way to recover that mid 20s account i haven't used in months. grr

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I already hit my 20 gift daily limit. Thank you, goons, for showering me with your balls.

Game is good.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I just got the new update and I'd like gifts and stuff!

My friend code:

5665 1887 1052

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Hooray for us low-level scrubs! I'm going to start adding goons as friends, that always ends well in every game ever!

4124 8678 8633

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Working my way through the spreadsheet, but in the meantime:

9303 7545 2920 (username: EulersWild, location, Southeast US)

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

also i'm peeved I can't remember my alt's username, I have absolutely no way to recover that mid 20s account i haven't used in months. grr

Any of the alolan pokemon first evolution forms I think. No idea how to get the evolved ones like alolan raichu tho.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
I'm 6872 0383 9367 and I added it to the spreadsheet too. Come get some Canadian eggs.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
My code is 5243 9670 5133 - going to spin some stops later so hopefully I'll have stuff to send

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Trying to make sure I've got the trading distance thing right - you can only trade with people within a certain range of you right now, but trading distance is the distance from where a poke was hatched/caught to where you are at the time of trading?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
8595 4277 1911

Under 30’s, rejoice!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I'm cool now

0457 4025 1199

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Added myself to the spreadsheet, now I just need to get some gifts to give out to people.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Consummate Professional posted:

I'm cool now

0457 4025 1199

lmao your game name owns

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hope they increase the amount of gifts you can hold again. 5 feels way too low

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Woo, lower levels can trade

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Note that only Alolan Vulpix, Sandshrew, Grimer and Meowth are from the 7km eggs, while Alolan Exeggutor can be found in the wild again. We already know that Alolan Diglett and Geodude will start appearing next month, leaving Alolan Rattata, Raichu and Marowak unaccounted for.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Aaah I am good friends with so many people I have never felt so loved

If you are friends with grommulox and I haven’t sent you a present yet speak up and I will rectify this situation

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1010262622846029825

Slam that Add Friends button, do it now, gogogogogo :f5:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

mastershakeman posted:

Trainer Tips has a video up as of today that confirms Alolan Sandshrew, Grimer and Meowth, not sure what else is confirmed.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

PathAsc posted:

Woo, lower levels can trade

bich add meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fill my bag with your sword logic mmmm :9

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Maker Of Shoes posted:

bich add meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fill my bag with your sword logic mmmm :9

You know the tithes, pay by death!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

PathAsc posted:

You know the tithes, pay by death!

thats the stuff :burger:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Finally I can have friends! I'll add myself to the sheet in a bit (I'm at work) but in the meantime feel free to add me! 4844 5751 8182

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
Add me pls!

3047 3957 2221

• Locked thread