Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Consummate Professional posted:

Fair enough. I was hoping the demo would fix it but it is Nintendo. I guess it can be patched?

It was patched and it’s fine now. I haven’t had any laggy matches in 2 hours of playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nicalis has detailed the improvements made in the Switch version of Code of Princess.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Code of Princess EX looks kinda cool anime titties. Is it multiplayer and has anyone played the 3DS version? Good game?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Wow, going from irregular stone tile to boring squares? Seems like a downgrade tbh

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Housh posted:

Code of Princess EX looks kinda cool anime titties. Is it multiplayer and has anyone played the 3DS version? Good game?

It has co-op. I asked about it earlier and people said that the frame rate dropped to almost unplayable at times, but Nicalis claims to have fixed that for the Switch port

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

slev posted:

What is the better press A to kill many men game between fire emblem and hyrule warriors?

Years ago, before Warcraft 3 becomes another RTS they previewed a version of the game where you played as an individual hero guiding an army in a great battle. The camera was fixed 3rd person and you raced around the battlefield putting out fires and challenging enemy heroes where needed. They ultimately scrapped that approach.

FE Warriors feels like that.

Your’re pressing A to kill guys while racing around and sending your allies to capture forts. Sub-missions keep coming up and you’re pausing to move your other units around so they’ll be fighting the right enemies in the weapon triangle and capturing forts. The battlefields become kind of mazes for your troops where they’ll be fighting at an advantage or disadvantage oh! and suddenly reinforcements have appeared to mess up your plan and a bonus objective just popped up way back from where any of your heroes are and now someone is attacking your base.

I haven’t played Hyrule Warriors.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

same pretty much, except your guys are zeldas.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Takoluka posted:

Yeah, it sucks that Marth, Chrom, Ryoma, Lyn, and Olivia all play exactly the same, despite having different movesets and specials.

And Xander.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Yeah, it sucks

Absolutely right. Oh wait, you had more after this post. Well I'm not gonna be a jerk and just omit parts of a quote

Takoluka posted:

Yeah, it sucks that Marth, Chrom, Ryoma, Lyn, and Olivia all play exactly the same, despite having different movesets and specials.

Right, so the part you omitted:

Leal posted:

Minus mounted vs unmounted and a few edge cases, any warrior using one weapon will play exactly like every other warrior in that weapon class.

Guess keeping that in the quote would negate that sick nasty own. Also Olivia is a DLC character, at that point may as well mention that the spear users aren't all pegasus knights because of Oboro, who is DLC.

Again

Leal posted:

Minus mounted vs unmounted and a few edge cases, any warrior using one weapon will play exactly like every other warrior in that weapon class.

Reading is really hard I guess, sorry for insulting your game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Leal posted:

Absolutely right. Oh wait, you had more after this post. Well I'm not gonna be a jerk and just omit parts of a quote

Guess keeping that in the quote would negate that sick nasty own. Also Olivia is a DLC character, at that point may as well mention that the spear users aren't all pegasus knights because of Oboro, who is DLC.

Again

Nice Meltdown

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

FEW was such a massive step back that the minor gameplay improvements really didn't make up for it at all to me.

I am annoyed that some of them didn't make it into HW Switch though.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Thanks, I do my best to prove my point.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

0_o *backs away slowly*

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bowser jr can suck my rear end

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Phone posted:

Bowser jr can suck my rear end
He's just a kid that's hosed up

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The shittiest thing few does is charge you for dlc characters that have the same movesets as characters in the base game. That really sucks

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Leal posted:

Again

I guess that means I should not take Cia, Volga, Wizzro, Twili Midna, Young Link, Tingle, Medli, Marin, Toon Zelda, Ravio, and Yuga, as well as Epona, Spinner, Dominion Rod, Boots, and Sand Wand into account then?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Folt The Bolt posted:

I guess that means I should not take Cia, Volga, Wizzro, Twili Midna, Young Link, Tingle, Medli, Marin, Toon Zelda, Ravio, and Yuga, as well as Epona, Spinner, Dominion Rod, Boots, and Sand Wand into account then?

All of those are in the base gamer of definitive edition tho

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Calaveron posted:

All of those are in the base gamer of definitive edition tho

Which took us two games with DLC for each to get to.

In which case, I'd also include the Trident, Linkle, Skull Kid, Toon Link, Tetra, and King Daphnes.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Which took us two games with DLC for each to get to.

In which case, I'd also include the Trident, Linkle, Skull Kid, Toon Link, Tetra, and King Daphnes.

When few released DLC they added a brunch of clone characters so I don't think this argument is one you want to use

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Like, they had the opportunity to add more diversity and they added...3 new movesets I think. Over 3 dlc packs

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I mean, why wouldn't you consider the Switch version in this, the Switch thread?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't like that foot lancers were locked behind DLC, but people seem to be new to musou. Zelda was a very rare exception of having one game with mostly everything thrown in there. FE is closer to Gundam, One Piece, etc. where they have multiple games that have a huge diverse roster by the next game.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Zelder posted:

Like, they had the opportunity to add more diversity and they added...3 new movesets I think. Over 3 dlc packs

But on the flipside, they added 3 characters per pack compared to Hyrule Warriors adding at most 4 new characters. Over 3 dlc packs.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Folt The Bolt posted:

But on the flipside, they added 3 characters per pack compared to Hyrule Warriors adding at most 4 new characters. Over 3 dlc packs.

This is a bad argument considering that the weapons were essentially the same thing as new characters.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Warriors games are light strategy games played through an action interface. There's a fairly robust simulation of the clash between armies going on around you, but rather than issue orders, you take direct control of one unit. You play as a hilariously powerful captain and run around the battlefield dealing with urgent crises and dueling enemy captains, and your success is determined by whether you're able to effectively prioritize all of the things that need to get done. Gaining levels means you can defeat stronger enemies faster, giving you more leeway with other objectives. You can sometimes switch between multiple hero units or tell them where to stand, but they're not gonna get much done without you behind the wheel.

Within that basic framework, Hyrule Warriors has a lot more variety in the hero units and Fire Emblem Warriors has a number of minor tweaks that make things a bit more pleasant to deal with.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
paying for clone characters is bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also the menus and UI stuff in FEW are way colder and less charming than in HW. it's just a presentation thing but it makes me want to spend way less time in the game

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

The new weapons were essentially new characters though, in that they brought new movesets

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
and like, i don't really care that much if they're mechanically bad but I'd much rather play with the group that has sword man, fish dancer, bullet hell mage, giant fairy, literal sword woman, water bell, giant top, statue rod, and literal boat man than the group that is more just swords, lances, axes, bows, and then the magic people

stuff like that is also why one piece warriors owns

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

you can play the ocarina on HW's loading screens (outside of story mode)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

As a side note, I've won 4 tournaments in tennis aces and I think it's time I go professional. Who do I contact to get into esports

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

I guess that means I should not take Cia, Volga, Wizzro, Twili Midna, Young Link, Tingle, Medli, Marin, Toon Zelda, Ravio, and Yuga... into account then?

Folt The Bolt posted:

In which case, I'd also include... Linkle, Skull Kid, Toon Link, Tetra, and King Daphnes.

Folt The Bolt posted:

I feel like you're contradicting yourself just a little bit.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
FE Warriors and Hyrule Warriors both had 3 characters cut who were in the story and later added as DLC.

The difference was Hyrule Warriors did it for free and gave them all unique movesets and their own mini campaign while FE Warriors made 2 of them clones and bundled them all into the paid DLCs to round them out.

That's the basic difference between the two games

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I cannot play tennis with joycons or a pro controller. Using joycons I constantly bump R and ZL. I also realized the right stick of the pro controller is practically on top of the face buttons and I keep bumping the stick and doing the dumbest trick shots.

I wish Nintendo offered an adult-sized controller option and/or didn't make an awful controller this gen. I might buy a mayflash adaptor to use my Wii U pro controllers.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Zelder posted:

The new weapons were essentially new characters though, in that they brought new movesets

Except when you pick one moveset that that character uses, you and others are barred from using all the other ones that specific character has. You want to use the Gauntlets and Spinner at the same time? Too bad! Light Sword and Sand Wand? Too bad! Great Swords and Trident! Too bad! It's especially egrecious in Link's and Ganondorf's cases: Link has more than one very good weapon and before Yuga arrived he was essentially both the best Light character and the best Lightning character in the game with the only other real choice for a great Lightning character being Sheik, and the Master Sword outclasses basically his entire arsenal and, in the eyes of certain people, rendering every other weapon he has as superfluous and nothing. Ganondorf meanwhile has two good weapons, but he suffers from the same as Link in that one weapon is good, but the other weapon (the Great Swords) simply outclasses it to such a degree that he really doesn't need the Trident for anything at all (the only times you need the Trident is when you are forced to wield it). Fire Emblem Warriors by design does not have this issue.

Tae posted:

I don't like that foot lancers were locked behind DLC, but people seem to be new to musou. Zelda was a very rare exception of having one game with mostly everything thrown in there. FE is closer to Gundam, One Piece, etc. where they have multiple games that have a huge diverse roster by the next game.

That reminds me. Most Musou games tend to have no more than 15 characters/movesets at launch, with the smallest Musou rosters being somewhere around 8 characters. In base Hyrule Warriors, you had 13 characters, mostly pulled from OoT, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword, but 20+ movesets, which actually really shows because half of those movesets are bad and/or extremely unfunny unless you're willing to take the time to master them, something that is exacerbated by the need to use every character over the course of the game if you want to get places.

Fire Emblem Warriors has only 15 unique movesets, but 23 characters (mainly pulled from Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon), and by contrast, almost all of those movesets are actually good, with some mastering required for some and that knowledge can be pulled to any of the clone characters. Which is important when the restrictions set in and, more often than not, you always get access to a character using a moveset that you're good with.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Wildtortilla posted:

I cannot play tennis with joycons or a pro controller. Using joycons I constantly bump R and ZL. I also realized the right stick of the pro controller is practically on top of the face buttons and I keep bumping the stick and doing the dumbest trick shots.

I wish Nintendo offered an adult-sized controller option and/or didn't make an awful controller this gen. I might buy a mayflash adaptor to use my Wii U pro controllers.

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Joy...H3XL&ref=plSrch

They're even half off right now. Seriously, they're the best, I don't even use the batteries.

Mine:

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 22, 2018

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Wow, I guess few warriors having clones for DLC is good because I can't use two links at the same time in hyrule warriors (?!?)

Seriously I get that you prefer few but that is an absolutely insane defense of bad practices

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is archer the most cloned class in few? The gross incest siblings from Fates and Anna right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

Is archer the most cloned class in few? The gross incest siblings from Fates and Anna right?

It's tied with Pegasus in the base game who also have 3

Then the DLC added another Archer with Niles which is lol

• Locked thread