Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

40 lbs to freedom posted:

after listening to freddie for the 20th time and throwing death grips in the garbage can dont forget to also check out westside gunns new album supreme blientele for luxurious nyc raps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ji9n_mT5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHZJ1SU81g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uznAQOb__DA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhiALJOB_J0

Hold on, did he change the title from Chris Benoit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is this where I talk about the new Death Grips? It's less hip-hop and more industrial this time around, but I really dig it. Like, more than the new album from once-industrial band Nine Inch Nails which came out today too.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
gangsta gibbs bringing the heat on freddie

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Freddie Gibbs has the best flow of all time

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah holy poo poo, this new Freddie slaps :eyepop:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

:yeah: :emptyquote:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Extremely happy with the tracks I've heard so far.

drat good.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I'm saving Gibbs for the blunt tonight but the new Gunplay is pretty enjoyable!

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fv6z8DoA2I

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Care for Me is really good. Like the jazzy touches in the production, personal without being maudlin. Good stuff.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
There's some cool stuff on the new Death Grips but the mix is really muddy and there's a lot on it that isn't really grabbing me. Teyana Taylor's album is nice, it's a shame that it's going to get overlooked today because it's real smooth

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Hey alansmithee, I was told you are familiar with Open Mike Eagle.

Vinyl Me, Please announced the July Rap Album and it is Unapologetic Art Rap, which I know next to nothing about.

I have the option to switch to Lafayette Afro-Rock band’s “Soul Makossa”, which is apparently an amazing album for sampling. I’m torn!

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

There's some cool stuff on the new Death Grips but the mix is really muddy and there's a lot on it that isn't really grabbing me. Teyana Taylor's album is nice, it's a shame that it's going to get overlooked today because it's real smooth

Has this finally appeared? Still not showing on Spotify for me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Robert Analog posted:

He was innocent, he never had any sexual contact with the girl and she later admitted she had only dreamt it.

$$$

lieutenant gibbs got that clout

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://mobile.twitter.com/jayedels...-judge-rules%2F

Lmaooooo

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
That new Death Grips is just so insanely creative and unique. I love the jazz drumming in the fear.

WHHHHHHHYYYY ME!!!

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Telephones posted:

That new Death Grips is just so insanely creative and unique. I love the jazz drumming in the fear.

WHHHHHHHYYYY ME!!!
yeah this is probably my favorite album of the year so far.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hughesta posted:

yeah this is probably my favorite album of the year so far.
Out of the 4 new albums that came out today that I listened to (Death Grips, Freddie Gibbs, Kamasi Washington, Nine Inch Nails), Death Grips and Freddie are my faves

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i've never heard a death grips song but the way they are described makes me think fantano is a massive fan

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Marching Powder posted:

i've never heard a death grips song but the way they are described makes me think fantano is a massive fan
He is :lol:

They rule though

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
death grips are the best new group of the 2010s

I really gotta check out that Gibbs album.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I find YOTS more consistently listenable than Government Plates. Might have found a new favourite DG album.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That part in Streaky that's like "Don't throw it on the grouuuuuuuuuuuuuund, YUH!" reminded me of that Lonely Island song.

"Man, this ain't my dad! This is a cell phone!"

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

That part in Streaky that's like "Don't throw it on the grouuuuuuuuuuuuuund, YUH!" reminded me of that Lonely Island song.

"Man, this ain't my dad! This is a cell phone!"

MY DAD'S NOT A PHONE! DUH!

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Freddie Gibbs so good

tjones
May 13, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B76B_akQJuM

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018
https://soundcloud.com/comethazine/hero

:pray: next up

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MrSargent posted:

Hey alansmithee, I was told you are familiar with Open Mike Eagle.

Vinyl Me, Please announced the July Rap Album and it is Unapologetic Art Rap, which I know next to nothing about.

I have the option to switch to Lafayette Afro-Rock band’s “Soul Makossa”, which is apparently an amazing album for sampling. I’m torn!

Unapologetic art rap is decent, but tbh I prefer his newer stuff. I'd probably go with the sampling album because you can check out the other on spotify I believe. That said Dark Comedy is amazing, one of my fav albums of the last few years.

Marching Powder posted:

Death Grips is basically limp bizkit for the 2010s crowd. Or maybe Tool.

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018

alansmithee posted:

Now this is trolling. Might work well since it’s probably right.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm so down with this 21 Savage meme.

Also I can't quit spinning Lt. Gibbs god drat.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
so the bey/jay album underperformed their solo releases and was beaten by some australian boy band you probably never heard of. the apeshit video mysteriously got pulled from youtube (its back up now) and negative comments got deleted. jay is under investigation for tidal inflating stream numbers. bey/jay talked a lot of poo poo in the past and on their current album about they don't need spotify and the grammys. this is a lot of schadenfreude towards the beyhive because they are obnoxious online.

christmas came earlier this year

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

alansmithee posted:

Unapologetic art rap is decent, but tbh I prefer his newer stuff. I'd probably go with the sampling album because you can check out the other on spotify I believe. That said Dark Comedy is amazing, one of my fav albums of the last few years.

I’m gonna say xxxtentacion is limp biz kit for the 2010s

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Death grips suckkkkkk

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Ktse released, its the best Wyoming album cept for Daytona

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

atrus50 posted:

Ktse released, its the best Wyoming album cept for Daytona

I’m halfway through and I’d call it third best so far

1. Daytona
2. KSG
3. KTSE
4. ye
5. Nasir

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think I’m starting to prefer ye to DAYTONA. The latter is probably the better album but it just doesn’t interest me as much. Plus there’s so many parts of ye I assumed were samples that actually aren’t which brings my estimation up a bunch

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
What is ktse?

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I’m halfway through and I’d call it third best so far

1. Daytona
2. KSG
3. KTSE
4. ye
5. Nasir

Agreed. I love KSG and Daytona, would say that ye is a 4 or 5/10. I find it a really frustrating listen because there are bits that I like but there's so much dragging it down. Nasir was probably the most disappointing. Really thought it was going to be a grand return but it came across so lazy. Nas sounds bored on a lot of the album. Kanye's beats aren't that good.

KTSE, on a first listen I have to say I found it pretty average, but certainly not dragged down by the same things that annoyed me about Nasir and ye. There are at least a couple of really good songs that I would put in playlists from this.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Keep The Same Energy. The Teyana Taylor album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

new freddie is Pretty Good because freddie gibbs is a phenomenal rapper, unfortunately although he's a great rapper his ear for hooks and whats catchy is much less good than his general ability to rap. He can rap over anything but I dont think the 2018 trap beats are complementary to his sound