Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Draxion posted:

Chris Brookes too.

That's the guy from that CCK team, right?

Man, if new faces are their focus, I want someone from ICW. That company has some fun talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's the guy from that CCK team, right?
Tall Alex Shelley, yes.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I was supposed to got to an ECW Tribute show in North Hollywood tomorrow. Yesterday, the show was canceled by the promoters due to a family emergency.
What do y'all think the real reason is?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dr. Baker posted:

I was supposed to got to an ECW Tribute show in North Hollywood tomorrow. Yesterday, the show was canceled by the promoters due to a family emergency.
What do y'all think the real reason is?

No shows and people holding them up for money, probably

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also can't rule out embarrassingly low ticket sales

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

spent the preorder money on sex workers

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

spent the preorder money on sex workers

Can't fault it they'd probably be the best workers associated with the show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

having gone back and watched an interminable amount of ECW Hardcore TVs, ECW on TNNs and ECW PPVs, I am still baffled how people are still doing tribute shows. If you hate your money that badly, send it to me, I got kids.

Hardcore Homecoming was narrowly put together and barely drew. the WWECW things did well until WWE insisted on WWEing the gently caress out of it and then it became just another PPV(that aren't PPVs anymore). The TNA tribute was hilariously bad. Even Tommy Dreamer's fed is barely a mention.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
aren't most of the ECW originals with WWE, extremely retired, or outright loving dead

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

When has that ever stopped a reunion or tribute

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cancelling that show was a fitting tribute

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

$7k upfront of a $15k payday will unretire most ECW legends.Terry Funk is a little higher because he's a grandpa or something.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
debating going to this ridiculous MLW show in NYC I literally just heard about

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1009795879375601664

otoh not in love with MLW's rich swann situation. mostly excited that they're running the melrose ballroom in queens which seems to have just started booking wrestling; joey janela's running there summerslam weekend

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Go!

The masterpiece is yet to be revealed.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Booking Teddy Hart is surely worse than booking Rich Swann?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a weapons battle royal and they're not booking tom lawlor?

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

otoh not in love with MLW's rich swann situation. mostly excited that they're running the melrose ballroom in queens which seems to have just started booking wrestling; joey janela's running there summerslam weekend

It's walking distance from my apartment so I'm picking up a ticket. Better than trecking out to Jamaica for House of Glory.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

abraham linksys posted:

Why is Swoggle trying to look all edgy?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Qoey posted:

Why is Swoggle trying to look all edgy?
If you’re the kind of wrestling fan who (a) goes to indie shows and (b) is drawn by Swoggle, dudes trying to look edgy will appeal to you.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Price Check posted:

It's walking distance from my apartment so I'm picking up a ticket. Better than trecking out to Jamaica for House of Glory.

did you get a reserved seat? it's kinda pricey ($50+) and most of the reserved seats are gone anyways so I'm thinking of chancing a GA ticket, but it looks like the venue might kinda stuck for GA (memories of Terminal 5 ROH shows...)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1010699934406971392

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that match was outstanding btw

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Joey Janela is the new WWN champ. Best booking move Gabe has ever made

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Price Check posted:

i moved out of astoria last month and NOW they start doing all these wrestling shows there

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

did you get a reserved seat? it's kinda pricey ($50+) and most of the reserved seats are gone anyways so I'm thinking of chancing a GA ticket, but it looks like the venue might kinda stuck for GA (memories of Terminal 5 ROH shows...)

I did GA. It's not worth it for me to pay double the price for a seat.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Joey Janela is the new WWN champ. Best booking move Gabe has ever made
Sucks now that Joey is trying to ship a Shlak redemption story to promoters/indy writers apparently. gently caress this boys in the back culture that allows nazis/rapists into companies/bookings.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

if joey books shlak for that gcw nyc show, i hope someone calls up the melrose ballroom and gets them to shut that poo poo down, like what happens every time a nazi band tries to book a venue in this city

no white supremacists on cards here

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who or what is Shlak?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Phenix Rising posted:

Who or what is Shlak?

extremely misogynistic skinhead

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Sucks now that Joey is trying to ship a Shlak redemption story to promoters/indy writers apparently. gently caress this boys in the back culture that allows nazis/rapists into companies/bookings.

God damnit Joey. Where did you hear about the Shlak thing?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jenkem Delivery posted:

God damnit Joey. Where did you hear about the Shlak thing?

There was a rumble of it on that LGBTQ show that wasn't really all that representative. It garnered such a negative response that the show removed all references to Shlak.

Shlak's deal was when ANTIFA was seein off the fash in Oakland, he had to comment on it. He outed himself as being against any type of action against racists, nazis, etc because he's a tattoo artist and has to tattoo whoever. Boo hoo, whatever. He's dumb as gently caress and not worth the trouble of booking him on non-deathmatch shows.

He's tolerable on the deathmatch stuff because there's a higher chance of serious injury. Either he'll gently caress someone up and not apologize properly or he'll get hosed up and have to disappear for a while.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It's not really that surprising, Janela went on Twitter post-Trayvon Martin and said something to the effect that anybody who got shot by the cops had it coming.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's not really that surprising, Janela went on Twitter post-Trayvon Martin and said something to the effect that anybody who got shot by the cops had it coming.

Trayvon Martin wasn't shot by the cops.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It wasn’t about Martin, it was post-Martin, a woman who’d been shot by the cops. He was replying to a fan iirc

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I like Shlak. He's what I wish more wrestlers looked like, a mutant combination of aggression and trenbolone.

He's certainly not lefty internet educated anti-racist, but he has publically repudiated any belief in Nazism or white supremacy and apologized for that ten year old photo of him doing a Sieg Heil with actual skinheads who hired him to do their tattoos. Yeah, he said something like "antifa is just as bad" which is stupid, but hey I can imagine AJ Styles saying the same thing and he's champion of the world and I like his matches too.

The LGBT show had a whole angle for him where he publically worked through his views and improved them, as well, I understand, but that novel piece of booking got thrown out because of the fan demand he be unbooked.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

The LGBT show had a whole angle for him where he publically worked through his views and improved them, as well, I understand, but that novel piece of booking got thrown out because of the fan demand he be unbooked.

if you want to be booked on a show like that with that kind of history, you should do that poo poo before the loving show

not interested in people turning their actual, real life garbage personal views into angles, even if the point is that they've reformed or whatever, sorry. i prefer to know my money isn't going towards a hateful person before i buy the ticket

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
ahahahah the fire alarm went off

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

the gabe sapolsky experience

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Twice now and they're still flashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Basic Chunnel posted:

yeah, that was the lady that had a history of police harassment had barricaded herself+child in her apartment as the cops attempted to serve a warrant. poo poo got out of hand, she ended up getting shot to death. He said something like "gee she shouldn't have put her kids in harm's way like that." I wished him many concussions for his stupid take. He blocked me.

Indie wrestling social media protip: never comment on something beyond "gee, that sucks" because that poo poo will get turned into ammo against you.