Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It's a huge boon for the big name lucha Freelancers like Park, Fenix, and Penta to freely work both promotions. poo poo this even means we could see Mysterio in CMLL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm going to run tonight's CMLL when Cubsfan gets the stream up. It's slated to be region blocked.

https://synchtu.be/r/PerrosPalace

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I think Facebook Live is supposed to be up tonight, so thecubsfan won't be streaming unless that gets geo-blocked too.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

No youtube stream :(

https://www.facebook.com/marcaclaro/videos/1808561932531326/

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Park challenged Rush to a mask vs. hair match last month and I'm just hearing about it now?????????

When is it going down?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

Park challenged Rush to a mask vs. hair match last month and I'm just hearing about it now?????????

When is it going down?

its cmll and its la park theres like a 60-70% chance it doesnt

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Wow check out the arena Mexico card for next Friday. How good is Cibernético?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jenkem Delivery posted:

He's pretty good for an older lucha brawler. I totally forgot he worked for WWF back in the 90s until I pulled up his wiki.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

He sucks.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I am so ready. BTW has any wrestler ever main evented flagship events for rival national promotions in the same year?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rush murdered a 90 year old man tonight

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that six man looks like my jam

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Undercard isn't terribly appealing but the top two matches are gonna be nuts

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Streaming tonight's show at the Perro's Palace - come on down! https://synchtu.be/r/PerrosPalace

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Tonight was really fun. The six man's had time and lots of good dives. And La Park vs Rush in Arena Mexico was everything you could want. This is a weird and interesting time for lucha

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/1010374002622124032?s=21

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Here's the Rush-Park match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLornQzs26c&t=7040s

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

great poo poo, if you want to see a proper lucha brawl sans horse cum, this is the click.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I haven't had a stable internet connection in a while. What are the June matches to catch up on? I know there's at least one without LA Park, and there's one with a bucket of cum, and there's another one without cum where a ref gets murdered. Any others?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I watched the whole LA Park/Rush match last night and I still think I'm missing something on Lucha Brawling, because it just looked like a lot of other LA Park matches where he just stumbles around and hits him and then mouths off at the fans a bunch. There was a Sabu vs La Parka match from MLW back after ECW shut down and I think it's 10x better than any of the LA Park matches I've seen the last 2 years

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

what you're missing is this: lucha is the fakest version of our big fake gay sport and yet it's the only version considered real by a real country's government

does that answer your question? Of course not. Only a renewed passport and Duolingo account can do that

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The lightest strikes and the hottest crowds.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

I watched the whole LA Park/Rush match last night and I still think I'm missing something on Lucha Brawling, because it just looked like a lot of other LA Park matches where he just stumbles around and hits him and then mouths off at the fans a bunch. There was a Sabu vs La Parka match from MLW back after ECW shut down and I think it's 10x better than any of the LA Park matches I've seen the last 2 years

Watch their match from March 2017. It's hotter and crazier so maybe it'll click easier for you. It was my 2017 MOTY

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

remusclaw posted:

The lightest strikes and the hottest crowds.

Did we watch the same match?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

sleep with the vicious posted:

Watch their match from March 2017. It's hotter and crazier so maybe it'll click easier for you. It was my 2017 MOTY

Is it the one where Caristico starts cleaning up after them during their brawl?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
This is the first singles match from 2017, that everyone voted for as MOTY and I think was the highest placing Mexican match in WON. I had it as my MOTY as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cohQCntAx7c

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Did we watch the same match?

I was talking Lucha in general, not that match, which I still have to watch.

I like my new Japan stiff fests, but with the reactions they get in Arena Mexico, I can't say they are doing anything wrong, even If I don't always get it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

#BaldRush

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

They did so much in this match and after all the early ringside brawling they both did really impressive dives. They did more than usual since they couldn't bleed... Traditionally.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Seeing Park with his mask ripped me reminds that under that mystical skeleton armor is a dude that looks like some skeevy strip club owner.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

coconono posted:

Seeing Park with his mask ripped me reminds that under that mystical skeleton armor is a dude that looks like some skeevy strip club owner.

I was appalled to discover he was Principe Island!!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave confirms Fridays show did 10K plus, the third straight show to do so. It's apples and oranges but it is kind of funny that last week they doubled Raw's attendance and almost tripled Smackdown's.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm hoping it sets a precedent for CMLL to bring in more freelancers. Sounds like they're planning to bring in Penta and Daga. I'd love to see them bring in Flamita, Bandido, and Rey Horus too

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
poo poo, I don't care how 'fake' it looks, the Rush/Park feud is the only one right now where I can easily believe that at this point one of them is just going to straight up murder the other one at some point. You don't see that kind of emotion much anymore, anywhere else. At least not to that degree.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If the picture frame cut open the front of Rush's neck instead of the back it could have been a murder

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So wait what was the deal with Park/Rush not having blood - is that a CMLL rule or an Arena Mexico rule?

If so - does that mean no blood for the Mask vs. Hair match at the same venue?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ghidzilla posted:

poo poo, I don't care how 'fake' it looks, the Rush/Park feud is the only one right now where I can easily believe that at this point one of them is just going to straight up murder the other one at some point. You don't see that kind of emotion much anymore, anywhere else. At least not to that degree.

More feuds need to be booked around a guy killing the guy he hates so that guy will man up and accept his challenge.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

EugeneJ posted:

So wait what was the deal with Park/Rush not having blood - is that a CMLL rule or an Arena Mexico rule?

If so - does that mean no blood for the Mask vs. Hair match at the same venue?
CMLL owns Arena Mexico, and traditionally doesn't allow blood.

Doesn't mean a firm no, especially on the biggest show of the year(/ever) but many people thought if they were going to do it they would have let them do it Friday. And Rush had been promising it but wasn't able to convince The CMLL Booking Hat.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There is no way the Mask/Hair match wouldn't have blood.

Whether or not CMLL allows it to have blood is a different question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I got caught up on the LA Park vs Rush feud and god drat I can't wait to see more. Normally I'd be pissed when fun match after fun match end in a gently caress finish but they're just making me hunger to see the real match finally happen. Why can't other companies book like this?