Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Finally the 2ch trolls will be proven wrong once and for all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Suspicious Lump posted:

fu

our boy is going to smash the gently caress out of that bodysuit wearing weirdo.

I will foolishly back this hope.

...I hope he at least injuries him a bit.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Suspicious Lump posted:

fu

our boy is going to smash the gently caress out of that bodysuit wearing weirdo.

I hope he does as well. He's still losing but I hope he beats up Fang pretty hard.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - https://mangadex.org/chapter/385812/1

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
booooooyaaaa!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

unfortunately since it's not actually a wrestling match a TKO isn't going to cut it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm really glad they found a quirk for Fang

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Alright Naoya, time to spend the rest of the round slightly improving position.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Behold the awesome power of not even having a TV.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Behold the awesome power of not even having a TV.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
It’s gonna be backstory time for someone next chapter

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Plutonis posted:

I'm really glad they found a quirk for Fang

Being a super serious straight-man is a good fit, for sure.

Aug 24, 2011

i hope fang turns out to be an incredibly basic person who is just really interested in fighting

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Fang is going to get knocked down but then he'll power up after he admits that he doesn't even know who XXXTentacion was.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
drat i can't believe naoya is dead from a broken neck

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'll have to go Super Saiyan to take you down, Fang of Metsudo!

... what is a super saying? :saddowns:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

where the red fern gropes posted:

i hope fang turns out to be an incredibly basic person who is just really interested in fighting

This is what I immediately thought. I just assumed that the dude had focused so much on training and fighting to become the beast he is that he didn't have time or care for anything else.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's funny imo that the Chinese martial artist I assumed was a woman that also got beaten really easily thinks they can take over the island or whatever their plot is

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Hubris is a pretty common trait in this series, since most of the characters are freakish superhuman prodigies of training and talent or the heirs to ancient assassination techniques or the best athletes in the world in their field.

The subtitle for the series might as well be Pride Goeth Before The Fall.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Unless you're only acting

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

That guy falls into the "freakish superhuman prodigy of talent and training" category. It's just that his training is to be really good at bullshitting instead of punching.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The next fight? Is the most interesting to me because I don't see ohma losing but raian is a favourite

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I didn't realise that was next. Figure it'll give us some more insight into the Asura form considering that girl mentioned it was similar to the Kure clans removal.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's the second match after this, the next match is the grappler versus the super police guy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Raian Vs ohma is where we learn whether the entire series is this tournament I guess because ohma should lose but he needs to fight setsuna

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I get the impression Naoya is actually one of the stronger people in this tournament and probably could beat a number of the competitors (though super doubtfully the fang).

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I think Ohma is going to win but severely injury himself in his next match. I assume he’ll be on the ropes and master one of the Niko techniques that he says he sucks at and it’ll double as a backstory reveal

Raian is just way too overconfident to make it out of this unscathed

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The Fang vs Local Talent seems pretty cool so far.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I get the impression Naoya is actually one of the stronger people in this tournament and probably could beat a number of the competitors (though super doubtfully the fang).

Fang's side of the bracket also faces him against Gaolong next and then probably Sen. It's pretty well set up to where he's not just fighting some jobber at any point.

Aug 24, 2011

this fight is the halfway point isn't it? so we're halfway through (zeno's paradox)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

remember we get a day of downtime as well.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
I’d expect each individual fight to take a little longer now that there are fewer obvious jobbers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ohma may not win the whole shebang but he is definitely gonna beat the poo poo out of raian.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i just want to see way more of the ludicrous niko moves

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kanos posted:

That guy falls into the "freakish superhuman prodigy of talent and training" category. It's just that his training is to be really good at bullshitting instead of punching.

I'm kind of disappointed that he got knocked out in the first round but I can also see why from a narrative standpoint. Dude's gimmicky as heck and went against Hatsumi who I figured isn't going to job out in the first round. Although I'm inclined to believe Wakatsuki that the guy actually stood a chance at winning against Hatsumi and it wouldn't have been as onesided as Rihito vs Gensai (Rest in Piece superman).

Copy Cat just made a tactical error and tried to use a martial arts his opponent was already versed in and paid the price. Dude was at least strong enough for people in Hatsumi's weight class but I don't see how useful being a copy cat would be against the real thing like Gaolang or Okubo. Or against the heavier guys like Haru or Julius.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
drat I'm gonna have to read the Pro Wrestler vs Sumo fight again that was a good rear end fight

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

I'm kind of disappointed that he got knocked out in the first round but I can also see why from a narrative standpoint. Dude's gimmicky as heck and went against Hatsumi who I figured isn't going to job out in the first round. Although I'm inclined to believe Wakatsuki that the guy actually stood a chance at winning against Hatsumi and it wouldn't have been as onesided as Rihito vs Gensai (Rest in Piece superman).

Copy Cat just made a tactical error and tried to use a martial arts his opponent was already versed in and paid the price. Dude was at least strong enough for people in Hatsumi's weight class but I don't see how useful being a copy cat would be against the real thing like Gaolang or Okubo. Or against the heavier guys like Haru or Julius.

Copy Cat is also going to be far stronger leaving this tourney than going in as his primary goal was really just to watch all the other fighters so he could practice and assimilate their moves. As for other things, well he can analyze their fighting techniques and use them against his opponents. He would have also had his enemies second guessing about what moves to use as they would fear using a move he had already seen would result in an instant counter (like Hatsumi did to him.)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

verbal enema posted:

drat I'm gonna have to read the Pro Wrestler vs Sumo fight again that was a good rear end fight

Yeah it's my favorite fight of the series so far by far.

You got the old versus the new, the theme of conviction and belief in your style, conflicting views on tradition, etc. etc.

It's so good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

His strength probably lies in mental warfare and versatility. He probably wouldn't use Gaolang's or Okubo's techniques against them randomly, cause he knows better than anyone else that he doesn't measure up to the real deal. If he did use them, it would just be to psyche them out. Like, that scene where he's like an army of martial artists all in one is a really good indicator of his potential, it's just that like you say, he made the wrong choice. Probably doesn't help that he most likely didn't know much about Hatsumi, given how Hatsumi tends to flake out in fights on a whim.

That said, yeah, I don't think he's in the same strength tier as the big dudes (Wakatsuki, Haru, Julias).

I think that's an issue the more technical or tricky fighters, like Imai or Inaba or Copy Cat or Kaneda, face in the tournament. Like, say that A can beat B using their unique skillsets, and B can beat C, who's a heavy hitter, but that doesn't necessarily mean A can beat C, cause there's no guarantee that they can apply the same techniques that worked on B to C. Like, Inaba's hair probably wouldn't work at all on the likes of Julius or Wakatsuki or Goro given how jacked those dudes are.

Then again, this manga always managed to surprises me, and it's not like strength or durability tiers are set in stone (though I do expect Julius to be the strongest in terms of pure physical strength and endurance), so I'm probably overthinking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Julius will have an insane muscle power just like Biscuit Oliva from Baki that is impossible to deal with. Also Copycat would definitely get hosed against guys like the doctor (fight style is based on inner hidden weapons) or Bando (was in jail and has a freaky anatomy so it's hard to gauge his fight style)