Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

oda does it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Cant wait to see the stages battlefield forms,and omega forms

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Motto posted:

Sorry you're being forced at gunpoint to play the Japanese crossover game dude

sorry that I'm not tickled at the idea of any other extremely generic anime fools whose moveset ends up being "marth, but, like, slightly different"

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bleck posted:

sorry that I'm not tickled at the idea of any other extremely generic anime fools whose moveset ends up being "marth, but, like, slightly different"

We get it, you see something slightly anime and your vision goes red with rage so you can't recognize anything else.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The latest blog post is some images of Bomberman as an assist trophy.

I forget who owns Bomberman now that Hudson has gone under. I think he's a Konami property, now?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, they released a launch title for switch.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bleck posted:

You might as well say that everyone who fights with their fists is “Mario, but, like, slightly different” or “Captain Falcon, but slightly different”.

Also it seems like you make a lot of silly posts about anime in this, the Smash Bros. Thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yup, it's him.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

MKLeo, arguably the best active smash 4 player, who was in the finals for the smash invitational, just lost to a player named zaki, the best king DeDeDe in japan.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntediluvianPeppySnakeStrawBeary

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Theta Zero posted:

The latest blog post is some images of Bomberman as an assist trophy.

I forget who owns Bomberman now that Hudson has gone under. I think he's a Konami property, now?

He should be a fighter :( but it is cool his bombs explode basically like they do in his games.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

mabels big day posted:

MKLeo, arguably the best active smash 4 player, who was in the finals for the smash invitational, just lost to a player named zaki, the best king DeDeDe in japan.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntediluvianPeppySnakeStrawBeary

Hell yeah, Zaki! I love seeing good low tier play. :allears:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

is the sound like 10 seconds ahead of the video in that clip or is it just my “app.”

edit: watched the full set and it was fine, just a fluke i guess

big deal fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 23, 2018

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

codenameFANGIO posted:

He should be a fighter :( but it is cool his bombs explode basically like they do in his games.

bomberman is pretty aggressively one note though

and most of the stuff he would do are already items

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gamerofthegame posted:

and most of the stuff he would do are already items

Yeah, I don’t think he’d make a very good fighter but I’m glad he’s an assist trophy.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I mean I guess his moves would just be “blow thing up with bomb or blow thing up with slightly different bomb” but he feels too important to be an assist trophy :(

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

TheKingofSprings posted:

You might as well say that everyone who fights with their fists is “Mario, but, like, slightly different” or “Captain Falcon, but slightly different”.

mario and captain falcon have entirely different movesets, whereas there are four characters that one could reasonably describe as "marth, but"

I'm just frazzled by the constant deluge of people requesting additional generic characters from whatever garbage JRPG was most recently released instead of any actually interesting characters from actually good games

Gamerofthegame posted:

if they could make Pac-Man and Duck Hunt playable then they could have tried their best with Bomberman

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I just wanted to re enact Wario Blast in Smash and I think that’s ok

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bleck posted:

mario and captain falcon have entirely different movesets, whereas there are four characters that one could reasonably describe as "marth, but"

I'm just frazzled by the constant deluge of people requesting additional generic characters from whatever garbage JRPG was most recently released instead of any actually interesting characters from actually good games

Where are you fighting that any of those characters are going to be a new problem for you to deal with?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bleck posted:

Three characters, one of which is an echo fighter. Also JRPGs are good.

E: So good, in fact, that there have been numerous Mario JRPGs.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bleck posted:

I'm just frazzled by the constant deluge of people requesting additional generic characters from whatever garbage JRPG was most recently released
I agree, let's instead focus on JRPG characters from games that haven't been released yet

what I'm saying is,

Tressa for Smash

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Bleck posted:

if they could make Pac-Man and Duck Hunt playable then they could have tried their best with Bomberman

Marth, Lucina, Roy, and... Duck Hunt? Seriously lost on the last one.

Also, Fire Emblem games aren't JRPGs, and they are good games, my friend. I'm sorry you had to find out while you're in the middle of a breakdown, but it's true: Fire Emblem is good.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Sora for Smash, but unironically.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

John Lee posted:

Also, Fire Emblem games aren't JRPGs, and they are good games, my friend. I'm sorry you had to find out while you're in the middle of a breakdown, but it's true: Fire Emblem is good.

The only thing I can think of is Ike, but Ike doesn't play anything like Marth, so yeah I dunno.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

TheLoneStar posted:

Sora for Smash, but unironically.

This, but Sora Ltd. for Smash

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Why do people act like FE characters are super anime looking? They just look like medieval tropes for the most part.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
All blue haired anime swordsmen are the same.

Trunks in as an echo fighter for Ike. His Final Smash is all his friends dying and his entire timeline getting erased.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

There's a "constant deluge" of people who want more anime swordsmen? Wtf?

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Honest question: does Joker even use a sword? I mean, nithing about his playstyle would be the same even given but?

Also most of the jrpg characters in Smash don't use swords so idk what the gently caress Bleck is on about.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Moriatti posted:

Honest question: does Joker even use a sword? I mean, nithing about his playstyle would be the same even given but?

Also most of the jrpg characters in Smash don't use swords so idk what the gently caress Bleck is on about.

He uses a dagger and pistol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

Well, some people wanted Shulk, and some people want Rex I guess?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Swords are badass

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

I mean, there's a constant deluge of people requesting Hector.

Also, Hector for Smash Bros.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I'm the rex wanter. I want rex, and his girlfriends, to join smash brothers

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

John Lee posted:

I mean, there's a constant deluge of people requesting Hector.

Also, Hector for Smash Bros.

Hector uses an axe, totally different. :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sharrrk posted:

I'm the rex wanter. I want rex, and his girlfriends, to join smash brothers

Now explain to the class how it would work

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

I know! Fully justified, IMO.

Look at his face.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

John Lee posted:

ike is just slow strong marth my dude

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bleck posted:

His moveset is wildly different. The only thing his moveset has in common with Marth is a counter.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Bleck posted:

what th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

King of Solomon posted:

His moveset is wildly different. The only thing his moveset has in common with Marth is a counter.

if wildly different is "two and a half of his specials are different" then okay