Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder how literal felicia's being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
She's been on devil jobs before and survived this long, I'm going to say that she is definitely extremely lucky.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
nine lives motherfuckers

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

She's been on devil jobs before and survived this long, I'm going to say that she is definitely extremely lucky.

Also, I think we should maybe pay more attention to that cat just dropping off the roof out of nowhere (apparently by accident) when Oscar went for his gun.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, I think we should maybe pay more attention to that cat just dropping off the roof out of nowhere (apparently by accident) when Oscar went for his gun.

I mean I have no evidence to back this up but my headcanon is Nyave threw that cat

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Motherfucker posted:

I mean I have no evidence to back this up but my headcanon is Nyave threw that cat

I'm torn on whether Catmaster could have done it. On the one hand, he treasures his cats. On the other, he is clearly willing to employ them in his heists, as seen in the invisible bridge.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
The cat jumped.

Felicia's a dead ringer for Allison in that last panel.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

The cat jumped.

Felicia's a dead ringer for Allison in that last panel.

The cat looked a bit too surprised to have done that on his own.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, the cat looks less 'pounce' and more 'what the gently caress?!'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
See this is why you shoot and then say the cool line.

If Oscar hadn't been run interference on by both Cio and the cat he'd most likely still have managed to shoot her first.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

This is the first lame thing that's happened in this comic.

You have Oskar, a really cool antagonist with a lot of history with one of the story's main characters, who is then (seemingly) killed by some nobody who shows up at the beginning, has no personality aside from being mildly annoying and is killed off only to turn inexplicably turn up now and kill Oskar? Not a fan at all.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I don't think he's dead, honestly. Ventilated badly, yes, but he's a red devil, he was designed to take punishment like this.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
If you don't break the mask, you ain't finished the task, as the saying goes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Poltergrift posted:

I don't think he's dead, honestly.

There's a grapefruit sized hole in his torso.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Whorelord posted:

You have Oskar, a really cool antagonist with a lot of history with one of the story's main characters, who is then (seemingly) killed by some nobody who shows up at the beginning, has no personality aside from being mildly annoying and is killed off only to turn inexplicably turn up now and kill Oskar? Not a fan at all.

If nothing unexpected can happen, nothing is interesting. "Main character" should not be a shield against everything but another main character (or some character arc thing). Plus, Oscar has been painted as an antagonist from the very beginning imo.

He's probably not dead, but definitely out of the fight for now.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I'd say he should get the Princess treatment showing Allison's increased competency relative to the last time a demon got blown up in front of her but Allison's still more or less out of action isn't she?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Schwarzwald posted:

Do devils have organs?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Do devils have organs?

Not in the flanks of their chest cavities, evidently.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Schwarzwald posted:

His coat is completely ruined now, will Felicia's crimes never cease?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Do devils have organs?

The classier ones do. Nothing says "welcome to my devil house" like cranking out Toccata and Fugue in D Minor

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Honestly I think the very fact that Abbadon chose this to be a flank shot rather than a gut shot is a sign Oscar might still have a few more pages in him.

e: Oscar is falling backwards in the second to last panel, maybe he'll tumble off the ship?

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 23, 2018

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Whorelord posted:

Felicia's a cool and likable character.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Whorelord posted:

Felicia's overall purpose in this comic is to show Allison how you can't just recklessly use other people (like Oscar does) without the consequences eventually catching up with you.

An important lesson for a budding Royal.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
oscar's first appearance was almost three years ago and he's shown himself to be self-serving to a suicidal degree, i wouldn't mind at all if he got clipped here

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm not feeling the return of Felicia but, hey, comics been stellar up to now so I'll wait and see how how it fully plays out.

I will be annoyed if she becomes an ally after all is said and done no matter how it goes down.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

World Famous W posted:

I'm not feeling the return of Felicia but, hey, comics been stellar up to now so I'll wait and see how how it fully plays out.

I will be annoyed if she becomes an ally after all is said and done no matter how it goes down.

It would be kind of interesting if she did become a pursuer. I mean, it's not hard to imagine Allison would feel really wretched every time she was confronted with righteous anger for her misdeeds. Allison is still basically a decent person and also still pretty neurotic, she is perfectly capable of being truly tormented by knowing she allowed an apparently decent person to die through her inaction and poor judgement. And from Zoss's chiding, it seems like her path to Royalty is not also going to be a path to sociopathy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Cio did go out of her way to save the cat. That has to count for something.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Cio is pretty much a good person, at least as devils go. If nothing else, she's trying to be.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Darth Walrus posted:

Yes. I like Cio more now.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I remember seeing some people talking about trying to get the bigger reprint of Volume 1, and I'm just here to confirm that the copies you can buy on Amazon in the US are the larger size. I just got my new and improved copy of Vol 1 today!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Begemot posted:

New page!

Wearing the bird feet was a big mistake.

loving incredible

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

gently caress that's such a good cat drawing though

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
given everything we've seen about the way devils conduct business, this falls 100% under "turnabout is fair play" stipulations

not even oskar is that put out by it.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
we know cio likes cats

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

this broken hill posted:

we know cio likes cats

DEMONS DON'T LIKE ANYTHING SHE PROBABLY WANTS TO EAT IT.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

paranoid randroid posted:

given everything we've seen about the way devils conduct business, this falls 100% under "turnabout is fair play" stipulations

he’s probably mostly annoyed it’s not a devil shooting him

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Whorelord posted:

It's illustrating why Incubus' deal is a bad idea. Unrestrained ambition, treating everyone as disposable in service of your personal goals, has consequences. You don't just get to be a sociopath and expect other people to lay down and let you get away with it.

Felicia is perfect for it because she's the most similar to Allison, being the only other human on the crew, and also the only one who was sacrificed in cold blood. Even leaving Cio behind could be seen as a spur-of-the-moment decision, but killing Felicia was Oscar's plan from the start. He decided to literally sacrifice a person to help advance his own goals, and now he's paying the price.

So it's very thematically on point, and, also, extremely cool.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

"it's a fair cop, i s'pose"

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Felicia's overall purpose in this comic is to show Allison how you can't just recklessly use other people (like Oscar does) without the consequences eventually catching up with you making sure the people you're recklessly using are right proper dead.

An important lesson for a budding Royal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

I believe in Abbadon.

I'm having incredible fun with this arc.