Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

So I'm assuming the daughter has organized a weird, evolving publicity goosechase so that she can emerge as a social media starlet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I liked the first UNFRIENDED a lot, but that trailer is real bad.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
sequel to unfriended looks more like a sequel to the den

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm pretty sure everyone who liked the first Unfriended saw a different movie I did because that movie didn't feel fun to me at all. In fact it was a complete loving slog. Searching looks more like the movie the first Unfriended should have been, and the new one looks like garbage exactly like the first one.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Unfriended blew me away because of the shot design, being locked into the laptop display. Just brought a whole new bag of tricks as far as developing tension through technology. The plot was laughably bad and stupid, but it's just so novel overall that I can't help but love it.

That said, this sequel doesn't look like it's got anything new to bring to the table.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Upgraded had some goofy rear end trailers before it honestly
Like the Superfly trailer felt like the entire duration of the film itself and that stupid what if a kid found a laser gun and tangled with James Franco movie looked hilariously dumb.
Just shoot the loving kid, it's just a big gun. And stop trying to ape Stranger Things, Stranger Things itself was played out when it came out.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

David Straithairn nooooo. Actually, did something actually happen with him? He wasn't the most prolific dude in the world, but he's a great character actor that just sorta disappeared recently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCE39OeR4Js

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GrandpaPants posted:

David Straithairn nooooo. Actually, did something actually happen with him? He wasn't the most prolific dude in the world, but he's a great character actor that just sorta disappeared recently?

He found new life as a space pirate. With the accent and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A8vE-5THWc

That trailer is incredibly painful, however.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GrandpaPants posted:

He died and came back to life.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

He found new life as a space pirate. With the accent and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A8vE-5THWc

That trailer is incredibly painful, however.

A single episode of The Expanse looks like it has a higher budget than than that movie.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The first trailer made the movie seem pretty interesting, but this one makes it look like irritating garbage. Christ, what an awful trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm_JfhUWy8c

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I wonder if they did a "classy" trailer to be shown behind certain films, and a mainstream trailer.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

GrandpaPants posted:

The first trailer made the movie seem pretty interesting, but this one makes it look like irritating garbage. Christ, what an awful trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm_JfhUWy8c

I felt the first trailer made it look like irritating garbage but :shrug:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-eB1AwpCXI

:shrug:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Really not feeling this.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Shoulda waited for Coogler

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

that is the most on the nose music choice but I also love it because that song loving bangs

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Posted this in the horror thread, but since it's a trailer playlist, I figured I'd post it here too.

Ever Zombie Movie Trailer Ever

Any suggestions on ones that I missed are welcome.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

that is the most on the nose music choice but I also love it because that song loving bangs

This is my old boss that managed to cut Gangster Squad and 42 to Jay Z and make it work somehow.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Zemeckis' new one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dy7xQ8NeE

It's based on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Topx2YQ-mOI
Which looks a mile more interesting without the CG fantasy sequences.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Marwencol is a really, genuinely good movie. It's loving weird, because Hogencamp himself is loving weird after he got the poo poo beat out of him, but it's a really great story about recovery from trauma.

Welcome to Marwen just looks like trash.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, I've been dreading that since it was announced. Marwencol doesn't work without Hogancamp, the fantasies per se are not what's interesting about his story.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I actually ended up sort of liking The Walk but this is a weird trip Zemeckis is on

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

ruddiger posted:

Posted this in the horror thread, but since it's a trailer playlist, I figured I'd post it here too.

Ever Zombie Movie Trailer Ever

Any suggestions on ones that I missed are welcome.

Jesus Christ, those 'Rape Zombie: Lust of the Dead' trailers.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

morestuff posted:

I actually ended up sort of liking The Walk but this is a weird trip Zemeckis is on

The actual walk itself in The Walk was worth the price of admission when I saw it in 3D. Totally justifies the light caper stuff that precedes it, if not the hamfisted 9/11 memorial at the end.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Wow how did they gently caress up the tone so bad with that. It switches so hard between emotional drama to goofy whimsical poo poo, and the violence goes from "horrifying American History X" to "haha it's like Tarantino but with dolls" that I wonder how bad it is in the actual movie.

It's a cross-dresser who was nearly killed by bigots and uses dolls as personal therapy to create art, this really shouldn't be hard.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Friend posted:

Wow how did they gently caress up the tone so bad with that. It switches so hard between emotional drama to goofy whimsical poo poo, and the violence goes from "horrifying American History X" to "haha it's like Tarantino but with dolls" that I wonder how bad it is in the actual movie.

It's a cross-dresser who was nearly killed by bigots and uses dolls as personal therapy to create art, this really shouldn't be hard.

"How do we approach this tragic topic?"
"Let's just have fun with it!"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

davidspackage posted:

"How do we approach this tragic topic?"
"Let's just have fun with it!"

This is how 9-11 yakety sax videos get made

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

kiimo posted:

This is how 9-11 yakety sax videos get made

nah, those are made specifically to get a rise out of people by pairing something tragic with something goofy

this is just "this story is very good and we want to tell it Hollywood-style, but we don't want to turn people away so we can't make it too off-putting."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was in the thread where they were made, getting a rise out of people or any kind of other lofty goals were invented after the fact. It was strictly for twisted comedy from sick people on these here dying forums.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Friend posted:

Flight had the exact same problem. One second Denzel is grappling with his alcoholism in a really dark way and then all of a sudden John Goodman will show up for a comedy bit about dealing drugs.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

kiimo posted:

I was in the thread where they were made, getting a rise out of people or any kind of other lofty goals were invented after the fact. It was strictly for twisted comedy from sick people on these here dying forums.

those twisted, sick motherfuckers that put yakety sax over disaster footage.......they were real monsters.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the trailers before Hereditary last night were possibly the worst bunch imaginable: John Cho Youtube Detective, and not one but two incredibly bad "FROM THE PRODUCERS OF STRANGER THINGS" movies, one of which looks like YA novel trash (psychic kids lol) and the other was the gun-kid movie.

Have a feeling that "From the producers of Stranger Things" is gonna be the new "JJ Abrams presents" in terms of bottom-of-the-barrel sci-fi flicks

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The best part is that, at least in The Darkest Minds trailer, it says "From Producers of Stranger Things." Not "The Producers."

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Flight had the exact same problem. One second Denzel is grappling with his alcoholism in a really dark way and then all of a sudden John Goodman will show up for a comedy bit about dealing drugs.

That movie pissed me off because the situation was not survivable and I felt it was extremely disrespectful to the people who died on Alaska Air.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Kull the Conqueror posted:

ya i remember thinking wtf re goodman in that movie. its p good but his character is just off imo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When I went to see Incredibles 2 it was weird because they aired two trailers in a row that both had a joke involving a screaming goat. That Channing Tatum animated Yeti movie and the Benedict Cumberbatch Grinch.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

clown shoes posted:

The best part is that, at least in The Darkest Minds trailer, it says "From Producers of Stranger Things." Not "The Producers."

it's really funny because Kin, from the same producers, has "From the producers of Stranger Things and Arrival" in it. they're really banking on everyone just seeing the words "Stranger Things" and immediately saying "oh yes i want this"

muscles like this! posted:

When I went to see Incredibles 2 it was weird because they aired two trailers in a row that both had a joke involving a screaming goat. That Channing Tatum animated Yeti movie and the Benedict Cumberbatch Grinch.

internet jokes take a while to filter down to kids movies

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

DC Murderverse posted:

internet jokes take a while to filter down to kids movies

I feel like its gotten a lot worse lately. Maybe its just that kids movies use more pop-culture references in general now. Like the original Shrek has only like one gag (The Matrix shot) that really dates the movie. Then you got the Emoji Movie which has nothing in it that wasn't dated before the movie even came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Movies should just have make references to loss.jpg which never went out of style 10 years on.