Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote aa

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
mafia edit: oops too late

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Final Votecount for Day 1

Anomalous Amalgam (9): Captain Foo, CCKeane, Monathin, merk, Retro Futurist, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Hal Incandenza, AnonymousNarcotics
Retro Futurist (2): b-minus1, Moatillata, Dick Bastardly, Moatillata
CCKeane (2): AnonymousNarcotics, King Burgundy, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, Dancer, King Burgundy, AnonymousNarcotics
Monathin (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Moatillata (0): Dancer, Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, Dancer
King Burgundy (0): CCKeane, merk, merk, AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, CCKeane
Dick Bastardly (0): Moatillata, Anomalous Amalgam, Retro Futurist, Moatillata, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam
merk (0): King Burgundy, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Moatillata
Dancer (0): Dancer, Hal Incandenza, Dancer, Hal Incandenza
AnonymousNarcotics (0): merk, b-minus1, b-minus1, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (0):

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute.

~~~

In a nondescript warehouse in Long Beach, Neil's crew has spent the entire day meticulously planning their next score. As the sun sets, Chris and Neil are stacking gear in the trunk of a stolen van. "Something's not right" says Neil. "I don't trust the crew." Chris nods in agreement.
"I can't put my finger on exactly why, but I think Michael has been working with police"
"Well we can't take any risks, he's out."
"Who is going to drive the truck?"
"Nate knows a new guy, Waingro. He should be fine."
"Alright, that's it then."

Anomalous Amalgam, Michael, Criminal Roleblocker has been cast out of the crew on Day 1!

It is now Night 1. There is no heist tonight; the first heist is tomorrow night. The first heist leader will be notified via PM on the start of Day 2.

Night actions please! I like short nights so get 'em in.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Robbery Homicide Squad office, Los Angeles:

"What have we got?"

"Some CIs on the street have heard word that there's a major score going down tonight, but we don't have many details"

"That's not much to go on"

"We do have a line on a local con that's connected with the type of crews that could pull this off, but he's in the wind"

"Do we have any angle on him?"

"We could squeeze his wife. She's got a 3 year old son"

"Yeah, threaten her with some jail time and see how she feels about her son coming up in the foster system, she'll flip on him"

~~~

Charlene refused to rat out her husband, and has been thrown in LA county jail!

King Burgundy, Charlene, Vanilla Criminal has been incarcerated Night 1!

It is now Day 2. The leader for the first heist has been notified via PM. The first heist will occur tonight, and the leader and heist team will be revealed to the thread at the start of the day tomorrow, along with the result of the heist. PM me if you have any questions about heist mechanics.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (12): AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, b-minus1, Captain Foo, CCKeane, Dancer, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, merk, Moatillata, Monathin, Retro Futurist

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 26th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Went to a wedding last night, got drunk. Now I am not. I see AA was town. Would a scum Keane want KB dead last night? Going to do a re-read, of D1. Hopefully I'll have something productive to add later.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dick Bastardly posted:

Went to a wedding last night, got drunk. Now I am not. I see AA was town. Would a scum Keane want KB dead last night? Going to do a re-read, of D1. Hopefully I'll have something productive to add later.

kb is the least surprising n1 kill and it provides very little information imo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm thinking it might be Keane guys

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Captain Foo posted:

kb is the least surprising n1 kill and it provides very little information imo

fair

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I have gut feels about Keane and merk.

I think mona, albeit wrong, was casing AA in a way that I think is towny. I think the effort is what makes mona look better to me.

Would still vote RF.

I'm curious to know if Asiina agrees with me about mona or not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think mona, albeit wrong, was casing AA in a way that I think is towny. I think the effort is what makes mona look better to me.

Would still vote RF.

Nah, you're wrong about objectively town player Keane, but I could see merk, now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hm. Well. That's interesting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Nah, you're wrong about objectively town player Keane, but I could see merk, now.

How? The player I advocated to lynch all day is unflipped.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

So quick note, either there's also a scum roleblocker or a 3p Amnesiac picked up AA's role.

I say this, because, naturally, I got roleblocked.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I also would like to say that I'm a liability for Heists, and that only Alan or Neil should pick me to run with them. Everyone else is better off passing me over.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Merk’s the type of scum to go after low post counts. It’s possible he killed in, but kB was 4th from the bottom so it seems a little unlikely

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Maybe we should see who was pushing the AA lynch?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

merk posted:

Maybe we should see who was pushing the AA lynch?

:thunk:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

merk posted:

But: ##vote AA. He’s not even trying to understand the intent or thought process in posts he’s reading. He’s just lashing out defensively.

It’s like Stassi in season 5 when she goes off on Scheana for apologizing to LaLa when she wasn’t even at the conversation when it happened.

it's u

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

##vote merk

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Retro Futurist posted:

Merk’s the type of scum to go after low post counts. It’s possible he killed in, but kB was 4th from the bottom so it seems a little unlikely

So, you still think he’s town?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dick Bastardly posted:

Would still vote RF.

why would asiina need to agree with you about whether I look suspicious or not :confused:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b-minus1 posted:

So, you still think he’s town?

I don't know one way or the other, I'm just responding to people saying he would have killed kb as scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Monathin posted:

why would asiina need to agree with you about whether I look suspicious or not :confused:

I think because I got some townie cred for being right?

Which btw gently caress you guys, I was right.

I still think it's Keane.

##vote Keane

I'm kinda neutral on Mona, because I think while the case against AA was bad, going that hard against someone D1 as scum feels risky to me. I don't know Mona well enough to know if he does that, but it's not a super strong scum read. I don't necessarily think it was a town slapfight either though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Nah, I'm town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

People see my cool leather jacket and my sick aviators, and they assume I'm a bad guy. And I am, I'm a criminal.

Merk are you a cop you have to tell me if you are otherwise it's entrapment.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm a little suss of asiina. It would be super easy for her as scum (who knows AA is town) to buddy up to him and then look today like see I was right I must be town

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Monathin posted:

I simply wanted to see how Asiina would react to the question. Her response was wishy washy imo.

Asiina posted:

I think because I got some townie cred for being right?

Which btw gently caress you guys, I was right.

I still think it's Keane.

##vote Keane

I'm kinda neutral on Mona, because I think while the case against AA was bad, going that hard against someone D1 as scum feels risky to me. I don't know Mona well enough to know if he does that, but it's not a super strong scum read. I don't necessarily think it was a town slapfight either though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

I simply wanted to see how Asiina would react to the question. Her response was wishy washy imo.

Yeah she basically said she had no read. Also the roleblock bit seems pretty important to not mention

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah in light of my information about a second roleblocker I would say Asiina's read on me is kinda extremely hedgey, but on the other hand, Asiina was one of the few people staying off the AA vote.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm a little suss of asiina. It would be super easy for her as scum (who knows AA is town) to buddy up to him and then look today like see I was right I must be town

I'm p sure that exact same reasoning would apply to me. If your logic holds, you are basically claiming you've already found 2 of the probably 3 scum in the game (slight hyperb). I'd recommend re-assessing.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I will continue observing, but my top picks are basically the same as yesterday. Merk and CCKeane both look more scummy, and Moat less.

It would be nice if in later days some investigator role could look at Hal.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dancer posted:

I'm p sure that exact same reasoning would apply to me. If your logic holds, you are basically claiming you've already found 2 of the probably 3 scum in the game (slight hyperb). I'd recommend re-assessing.

That’s a pretty strong reaction to someone saying they are a little suspicious of someone else.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What does my non-read have to do at all with Mona being roleblocked?

Monathin posted:

Yeah in light of my information about a second roleblocker I would say Asiina's read on me is kinda extremely hedgey, but on the other hand, Asiina was one of the few people staying off the AA vote.

What does this mean?

Also fyi scum roleblockers exist but so do jailers.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It feels kind of silly to tell someone "that's pretty strong" when they specifically pointed out they were being hyperbolic for the sake of argument. I'd rather not go into arguing into what is and isn't a reasonable level of hyperbole there.

I was taking the presented argument to its extreme to highlight what I believe to be a flaw.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dancer posted:

I will continue observing, but my top picks are basically the same as yesterday. Merk and CCKeane both look more scummy, and Moat less.

It would be nice if in later days some investigator role could look at Hal.

If I haven’t been investigated yet I’m sure I will be

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dancer posted:

It feels kind of silly to tell someone "that's pretty strong" when they specifically pointed out they were being hyperbolic for the sake of argument. I'd rather not go into arguing into what is and isn't a reasonable level of hyperbole there.

I was taking the presented argument to its extreme to highlight what I believe to be a flaw.

It’s just seems overly dismissive

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

What does my non-read have to do at all with Mona being roleblocked?

What does this mean?

Also fyi scum roleblockers exist but so do jailers.

I guess I think coming out with that info skews town and it seems strange to not mention it but if you are saying you were just talking about how you felt yesterday then that’s not really relevant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Asiina posted:

I'm with AA that this feels like a troll. I have no idea how people aren't getting what he's saying.

merk in particular stands out to me for this, because his vote reasoning doesn't follow at all. How is he lashing out defensively by explaining himself in a way that makes perfect sense.

I don't usually make a call like this D1, but I won't vote for AA today.

##vote Asiina

The old “lets talk negatively about a lynch we know is town without offering any help whatsoever” scum strategy employed obviously here.

• Locked thread