Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Greens backfield defense has been an absolute travesty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I wish that whatever team won the Calcio was the official Fiorentina third kit for the year or something. or Coppa Italia kit.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
We will be back, stronger......

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Is it me or are there only like five greens left on the field

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

what the gently caress is verdi doing, did they go down on dudes at some point?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is it me or are there only like five greens left on the field

I think we did the hockey equivalent of pulling the keeper arounf 4-1

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I take a moral victory from that guy who refused to let go of the guillotine after the tap

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The sequence of the fat guy spearing the skinny green guy then getting guillotined was really good lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

gently caress yeah garbage time points baby

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

i said it before but we really need a counter of dudes who are on the field on the screen here

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Seltzer posted:

The sequence of the fat guy spearing the skinny green guy then getting guillotined was really good lol

It's incredible how none of them have ever learned to do a takedown with exposing themselves to the guillotine.

Nearly every tackle ends in one

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

How did he miss that lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

what the gently caress was that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oh my god how

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

ARE YOU SERIOUS. Take that mans green clown pants and let him never boot up again

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
lol at the green guy blowing a toss like a foot from the goal

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

incredible

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

lol that guy owned

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

yo that was embarassing

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Seltzer posted:

ARE YOU SERIOUS. Take that mans green clown pants and let him never boot up again

That shot was so bad I assumed there was a scoring rule I wasn't aware of.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That dude's been in some fights.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like holy poo poo it wasnt even close to the goal either

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

HOLY poo poo that throw from the red dude who looks like hercule from DBZ

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I don't remember another final this lopsided

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
That judo throw was awesome and then a flying knee to kill the sole green defender

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am stunned at how dumb green have looked this whole game

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

canepazzo posted:

I don't remember another final this lopsided

I woulda been 7-4 with ten minutes to go if that clown didnt miss the goal from one foot out

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am stunned at how dumb green have looked this whole game

It feels like their strategy has been 'do exactly what we did against white' except all they did to beat white was have one guy run around effortlessly.

Without that guy scoring they're lost.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ok if red is gonna run up the score it's time to start breaking legs

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ok if red is gonna run up the score it's time to start breaking legs

:(

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If we hadnt given up so many dumb goals and finished our opportunities we would have won

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Still though, credit to red for two really amazing assist goals

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

It's tough being a Verdi fan. At least the game was exciting and a lot of people got beaten up. I was going to drink some peronis and buy a lottery ticket if we won. Now I think I'm just going to mix a sad Soju and Sprite and contemplate another loss.

Hope the game was cool live lonegoat. The Rossi stands must've been fun

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Verdi at least has a clear foundation to build on. Optimistic for next year.

I choose to blame azzuri

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Rossi won :unsmith:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

sorry Seltzer, by the time I got out of the Rossi containment area the Verdi tshirt vendors were gone. :(

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

game was fuckin unreal though, me and my friend both lost put voice and I'll have a bunch of photos once I get back home in a couple days

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

OK WAIT WE GOT A SHIRT

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

OK WAIT WE GOT A SHIRT

NICE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Just got back home from Florence and watching Calcio Storico live was an incredible experience, here's a trip report:

Our seats were on the Rossi side, about halfway up. We were standing the entire time and I'm pretty short so I couldn't see what was happening whenever the play got within like 5 meters of our end. Had to rely on everyone else hootin and hollerin to know when something happened there.

Also the different sections were barricaded away from each other so I was able to buy a Rossi shirt for myself but couldn't get to the Verdi side to grab a shirt for Seltzer.

Before the opening ceremonies started I was standing in line for the toilet and the entire Rossi team came out and cut in line to take a pre-game piss. Nobody cared but it was funny to see a guy shadowboxing in front of a Portapotty.

The giant black guy on Rossi didn't play, but he was out there during the opening ceremonies. He was wearing non-historical pants so we were worried that he didn't play. We saw him on the pitch after the game but he doesn't speak English so we couldn't ask him what was happened.

What we did see though, is a tiny little dude on Rossi. He was 5'4 tops and looked like he was maybe 16 and I thought he was a mascot or it was Take Your Kids to Calcio Day but he was incredibly fast and scored a few Rossi goals, including the first one.

Rossi crowd was in good spirits once we scored the first goal through the end of the game, it was wild. There were a lot of good chants going on, including: DUE DUE DUE (two) after Rossi scored their second goal but the official hadn't yet updated the scoreboard; one lady yelling BASTARDI over and over at some Verdi players after a questionable 2 on 1 tackle; and my personal favourite, SCEMO SCEMO SCEMO (moron? idiot??) after the Verdi player muffed that goal from like two feet out.

The Rossi player in the kinesio tape had his arm dislocated and had mutliple medics around him trying to convince him to come off the field and then they just shoved his arm back in his socket and he got back in there. Then it was still hosed up so they shoved it back in AGAIN and he played a bit more before finally getting off the pitch and getting some medical attention.

After the game we got on the pitch and took a bunch of pictures and shook hands with some of the guys. My buddy is a way better photographer than I am and he's gonna edit the photos and I'll post them here in a couple days.

We went over to the Verdi side of the stands and tried to find the vendors but they'd packed up and left and that's when I posted that we couldn't get a shirt for Seltzer. Then my buddy goes "Don't worry I got this" and runs off. Apparently he found someone on the camera crew or something and managed to BUY HIS SHIRT OFF HIM FOR COST (€10). Seltzer how do you want me to contact you about sending it?

Tangentially related, there's a street artist called Blub who puts up underwater-themed art in Florence. We went to check out an art gallery and I managed to get the last copy of the print they had of this:

• Locked thread