Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wrap it up Marinailures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Wrap it up Marinailures

At least my star pitcher is a Canadian and not a lovely MAGA chud!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Intruder posted:

Wrap it up Marinailures

As the Astros’ biggest fan loves saying “this was a meaningless June game.”

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Paxton wasn't very sharp, but Rob Whalen did an incredible job in the middle of the game.

And we managed to win!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Paxton probably would have been okay if the defense hadn't melted down behind him. It is good to see that the team didn't give up after that inning because they absolutely would have in years past.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Intruder posted:

Wrap it up Marinailures

lmao look at this guy here. just lol.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Last night was fun as hell to watch and I'm starting to wonder if this one run game magic is... real?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Co-Aces James Paxton and Wade LeBlanc

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Wade LeBlank

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Shiroc posted:

Co-Aces James Paxton and Wade LeBlanc

I dunno, LeBlanc looked way better today than Paxton did yesterday. Sounds like he's the new ace.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Another one run win. Cool.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah at this point I want to see how many one run games we can win. It’s getting sort of insane.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Yeah at this point I want to see how many one run games we can win. It’s getting sort of insane.

I'm looking forward to next year's commercials touting the importance of run conservation

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

HEY NONG MAN posted:

lmao look at this guy here. just lol.

What's that?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Intruder posted:

What's that?

Lmao according to your sick screenshot the stros have played one more game than the mariners have.

Fly away, ineffectual troll.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol at this dude who can't handle a little poo poo talk between division rivals

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Mariners, guys!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I like the idea of the Mariners spending $240 million to get Cano and then being the best the year he can't play most of it. Don't let him back in the clubhouse after the suspension!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Intruder posted:

lol at this dude who can't handle a little poo poo talk between division rivals

Looks pretty handled actually.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Can someone gif Dee Gordon’s dance after he gets the confirmation that he threw out Xander at first?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Well that sucked

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I was hoping we could maybe win two.

Now we have to avoid getting swept.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Cook screaming poo poo the second the ball went off the bat was a perfect summation of the moment

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Shiroc posted:

Cook screaming poo poo the second the ball went off the bat was a perfect summation of the moment

:emptyquote:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I wonder if the Mariners try to resign Cruz for next season. I feel like they have to keep Dee at second, but then you run into a jam about what to do with Ryon Healy, Vogelbach and Cano.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shiroc posted:

I wonder if the Mariners try to resign Cruz for next season. I feel like they have to keep Dee at second, but then you run into a jam about what to do with Ryon Healy, Vogelbach and Cano.

My thought is that they don't resign Cruz, keep Dee at 2B and put Cano at DH. It keeps him in the lineup, but off the field, so there's less chance of injury.

Keep Healy at 1B. Vogelbach I don't know what to do with.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Is June over yet?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

Is June over yet?

No, but we're through the rough part. The last six games are against the Orioles and Royals, so hopefully we can go out on a win streak.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

No, but we're through the rough part. The last six games are against the Orioles and Royals, so hopefully we can go out on a win streak.

I know. Just hope they get right back to mowing down the dregs like they're supposed to.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Tony Phillips posted:

I know. Just hope they get right back to mowing down the dregs like they're supposed to.

:emptyquote:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I hope they sweep the Orioles and Royals.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Good start last night.

Putting on my Homer brand rose colored novelty glasses:

Even after the Hou/Bos/Ny/Bos stretch, the M's right now are playing at a 98 win pace. I'll take it and be happy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

Good start last night.

Putting on my Homer brand rose colored novelty glasses:

Even after the Hou/Bos/Ny/Bos stretch, the M's right now are playing at a 98 win pace. I'll take it and be happy.

They're only one win behind what I expected for that stretch and they had two games they could have won if the bullpen hadn't poo poo the bed.

They've got some ground to make up behind Houston, but we solidly have a WC spot and I'm totally fine with that.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I’m still holding strong on my claim the mariners will be in first place at the break

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Mariners loving it up late and coming back to win is a thing now and I'm :psyduck: :unsmith:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I’m still holding strong on my claim the mariners will be in first place at the break

I think that would be hard just because they don't have any head to head games. Both have fairly weak schedules to the break, but I feel like the Angels and Rockies are still going to be tougher for the Ms, especially with it just being two series with each of them back to back. The Astros get to range across bad teams of the AL.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Yet

Another

One

Run

Win

YAORW

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It keeps happening

They keep coming back

I don't know how they keep doing it but I like it

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Colome managed to give up a dinger to Chris Davis.

And the Mariners immediately tied it up again against Britton.

This season rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Chris Davis' likely best moment of the year, erased.

• Locked thread