Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You don't have to be a cheater to get 10+ kills, especially in Ranked.

Never 5get

You don't have to but it happens, and i'm talking 10+ like 15-18 loving kills, not just 11 kills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You don't have to be a cheater to get 10+ kills, especially in Ranked.

Never 5get

I got this in my placement matches against coppers it was great :D

Also here's a 2 minute clip of a guy having an epic meltdown over mic in casual https://streamable.com/71d0m

Worth watching until the ending I promise.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Twitch is fun when they don't pick Mute

https://streamable.com/bj2t8

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Put this in the OP

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Was linked this from the olden days when semi-auto shotguns were the go-to for defenders:
https://streamable.com/cwdmh

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I don't believe it. That shotgun was never good. Also anytime someone one shots me with it it wasn't good then either.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone got any good Valkyrie tips? I really like playing her and placing her cameras but I don’t get as many points off them as I do like Mute traps

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Anyone got any good Valkyrie tips? I really like playing her and placing her cameras but I don’t get as many points off them as I do like Mute traps

Don't use them thinking they're for getting points. Put them in adjacent rooms to the objective for info, or in a room that you're hiding next to where you think they're going to come in from and then pop out to surprise them.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Points don't matter. Only thing that matters is winning. In fact, going for points can cost you in the long run, such as tagging an enemy when you can easily describe their location.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for tips guys. I think my two “mains” are Fuze and Valkyrie right now. Wish I knew how to play Frost better tho I like the idea of traps.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Thanks for tips guys. I think my two “mains” are Fuze and Valkyrie right now. Wish I knew how to play Frost better tho I like the idea of traps.

Using Frost traps alongside barbed wire is really effective. And even if they aren't snared by the trap, they have to make noise to destroy it. Think outside the box!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What sidearm are people using for the Italians? I've been using the Baliff a lot for murder and hologram holes, but I've been debating switching to using the Keratos and relying on just my impacts.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i use both and they both are good but the Keratos is like the 2nd best pistol in the game right now

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Don't use them thinking they're for getting points. Put them in adjacent rooms to the objective for info, or in a room that you're hiding next to where you think they're going to come in from and then pop out to surprise them.

this is p much what i used them for when not treating them like pokeballs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbA-CwdV68k

also good for C4ing people in places like kitchen of the biker clubhouse but you can use that same method in a dozen places on any map

they need to make it so that you can toggle disabling scan pinging with gadgets because all it really does is get black eyes and shock drones shot

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I refuse to use the keratos because I thought we were getting a cool mateba autorevolver and instead we got a loving rhino.

Yes I'm angry about this.

Also for frost find a window people come in. Place trap below window as close to wall as you can. Place Barbed wire on trap. Laugh as people hop in thinking it's just barbed wire.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

ZeusCannon posted:

I refuse to use the keratos because I thought we were getting a cool mateba autorevolver and instead we got a loving rhino.

Yes I'm angry about this.

Also for frost find a window people come in. Place trap below window as close to wall as you can. Place Barbed wire on trap. Laugh as people hop in thinking it's just barbed wire.

I like to play UNIVERSE BRAIN frost by going to a window and pretending im an attacker pushing the room, and then placing a trap at a point they might strafe into to get an angle on a common spot. This works far more often than window mats for me at my level.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Cling-Wrap Condom posted:

I like to play UNIVERSE BRAIN frost by going to a window and pretending im an attacker pushing the room, and then placing a trap at a point they might strafe into to get an angle on a common spot. This works far more often than window mats for me at my level.

What skill level would that be?

Also hope you're doing good these days

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Frost is the most boring operator in the game

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Fart Car '97 posted:

Frost is the most boring operator in the game

I can think of a few characters that are more boring - Rook, Buck and Castle, for sure.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
No, its actually a tie between Buck, who has a shotgun for a gadget, and Ying, who has flashbangs for gadgets.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

it is objectively rook who is the same loving armor/speed and loadout as doc and can't even move his poo poo around like the similarly boring mute

even recruit is more complex and engaging than rook like wtf

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Buck plays with the environment the best out of any operator in the game and Ying's flashbangs sound rad as hell, how can they be boring.

Rook totally is though.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i can see why buck is boring to a lot of people because his "ability" is just a fire selection switch and at this point frags.

ying's ability at least has different stages to it. like you can toss it unprimed, charge it with a timer and/or attach it to breachables like fuze. that's a big part of what makes her so fun even though it at base level they're just flashbangs. the whole LMG dps buff at the cost of smokes is understandable but i think she was a lot more fun before the change

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Agoat posted:

What skill level would that be?

Also hope you're doing good these days

Oh hey thanks man, it's been good to see you streaming and poo poo. Happy for ya.
I haven't done ranked this season but last season I was Gold 4/Plat 1 depending on weather.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Ying is also immune to her own flash spam so there's that. I sorta wish candela was a sticky bomb you could throw at walls or ceiling for better room coverage. Right now there's a good chance furniture or other stuff would block line of sight to the flash.

Also can confirm Frost traps are more effective when placed in surprising places like behind corners or just off a door frame. During the last minute of the round players get less wary of the floor but windows/retractable shields are still more suspicious.

jyrque fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 25, 2018

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I play at scrub level so I keep getting easy welcome mat hits by placing them underneath roof hatches and skylights :dukedog:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
that works all the way into high gold

e: at least

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Yeah, biggest Candela problem (aside from the general 'Flashbangs and Concussion effects need looking at in general in how they work') is that a chair leg between your LOS and the flash will result in you not being flashed at all. You can as a result sometimes happily watch the guy squat in a corner, look directly at the explosion, but the pixel of furniture between them means it does nothing.

The mechanism for Attackers successfully 'flashing' really needs looking at in general, given the 'style' of the game is about breaching in theory, but isn't in practise. (And in turn, the method by which Defenders can avoid it; I don't want to see Defender teams getting rocked by a single flash either.

For starters; Flashbangs don't 'bang' and deny you audio, which is weird, given the importance otherwise the R6 Team place on audio in general.

E: Double Welcome Mat ground floor windows continue to be the pro strat.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Shockeh posted:

For starters; Flashbangs don't 'bang' and deny you audio, which is weird, given the importance otherwise the R6 Team place on audio in general.

this extremely does happen for me and always has

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Cling-Wrap Condom posted:

this extremely does happen for me and always has

Odd; I find Concs do way more sound suppression than Flashbangs do.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Yeah that's my biggest gripe with Ying's Candelas, you can drown a room in candelas, run in, and catch a headshot because no one got flashed. What I usually do with Ying is gently caress up the floor above the point with breaching charges and fire on the defenders with the LMG but honestly you can do that with anyone with breaches.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
One of the first things I did with Alibi was make an intentionally rly obvious eye or gunlevel hole in a wall & then put the hologram behind it, then when they shoot it they'll get pinged & u can actually shoot them through somewhere else on the wall...lots of fun do recommend if u haven't tried it already

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
So, the new chanka glitch is Amazing.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Create a fake murderhole with a hologram behind it and once someone gets pinged go stand in its place for even more fun (or bullets in the face when next op4 in line tries their luck)

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

There's a bug in the game that's super easy to replicate and turns any op into a 3 speed lmao

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Fart Car '97 posted:

There's a bug in the game that's super easy to replicate and turns any op into a 3 speed lmao

Oh boy here come the super Blitzes again

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

SpazmasterX posted:

Oh boy here come the super Blitzes again

It'll be 3 speed Rook and Doc that will be the problem, can't see the attackers abusing this one

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Thief posted:

even recruit is more complex and engaging than rook like wtf
Rook is hilarious though. Dump your bag the second the round starts, do your walls, and then go pick an absurd angle to cover with the MP5+ACOG and use impacts to make a couple rotate holes.

Nobody expects the Rook roam.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
to me, Jäger is the dullest by far

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Yeah rooks acog and impacts make up for his objectively most boring ability, castle also gets impacts

Frost is fire and forget and then you're stuck with the most boring gun/gadget set in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I gotta go with Vigil for both most boring and least useful op. His special is worthless and while the slug gun is funny it isn't that good.