Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sinepost
Nov 16, 2004

four o'clock and all's well
I think it's already been released in the US, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Yeah, got mine, I haven't watched any of it yet. It is in a standard blu ray case with a slip sleeve over it.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I take it it's just upscaled, like the TV Movie blu-ray?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I just finished the 2nd River Song release, and it was great. Even better than the first. Hearing 6 and 7 finally go at it is right up there with 2 and 3's bickering! We need more of that. Also "One of my best friends is an archaeologist"--River Meets Benny WHEN?! Come on BF, get it done!

I also loved the final scene with 7 and River...that was exactly how his Doctor would play it out!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love how into Six she gets (and how into her he gets too) :allears:

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There's a local theater that plays strange and frequently obscure horror movies every friday, and my buddies and I like to go because our tastes generally line up with the tastes of the guy who programs them (except for The Baby :barf:)

I usually go in completely blind, so imagine my surprise this week when this guy yee-haws his way into the movie

Lair of the White Worm is amazing and Capaldi is the best part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujjIVoAN2Yc&t=35s

That movie is hilariously bad but still enjoyable. I wish it would get the MST3K treatment but there's way too much nudity in it for them to tackle it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Gordon Shumway posted:

That movie is hilariously bad but still enjoyable. I wish it would get the MST3K treatment but there's way too much nudity in it for them to tackle it.

The latest MST3K Live Tour is doing Deathstalker somehow (for a family friendly audience), so you never know.

My dream job is MST3K-ing Classic Who, and the monkey's paw can curl all it wants. I'm tired of looking around while I watch it and having nobody there to appreciate my jokes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m mad we never got the Five Doctors Rifftrax in the UK. :(

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The_Doctor posted:

I’m mad we never got the Five Doctors Rifftrax in the UK. :(

Don't be, it was mediocre.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Vinylshadow posted:

"I am not a good man! And I'm not a bad man either. I'm not a hero. I'm definitely not a president, and no, I'm not an officer. You know who I am? I… am… an idiot! With a box and a screwdriver. Passing through. Helping out. Learning."

"I’m just a bloke in a box telling stories. I didn’t come here because I'm ashamed. A bit of shame never hurt anyone. I came… because you're sick and you asked. And because sometimes, on a good day, if I try very hard… I’m not some old Time Lord who ran away. I'm the Doctor."

To me, that sums up the Doctor well enough

I AM THE ONCOMING STORM etc is the worst thing Moffat ever wrote

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1011200916857479168

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

corn in the bible posted:

...Russell T. Davies?

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

If they're still going in 2025 they'll have been making Doctor Who stories for as long as the classic series was active

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

corn in the bible posted:

It's so bad he couldn't even bear to have his name associated with it, and instead had Russell T Davies put it in one of his episodes.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

2house2fly posted:

It's so bad he couldn't even bear to have his name associated with it, and instead had Russell T Davies put it in one of his episodes.

RTD stole Moffatt’s idea and went back in time.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX3zsgaci2A

Ah yes, who could forget the time the Cyberleader gave Tom a nice massage?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Tim Burns Effect posted:

If they're still going in 2025 they'll have been making Doctor Who stories for as long as the classic series was active

Heh. They already announced the BBC had extended their Who license until 2025.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

The_Doctor posted:

...Russell T. Davies?

Paul Cornell, in Love and War

Davies actually got it wrong anyway, it's the Draconians, not Daleks that named him "The Oncoming Storm."

To the Daleks, he's Ka Faraq Gatri - The Bringer Of Darkness.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I think we just got a hint about Torchwood:

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1011292437761921025

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

If you don't want spoilers, as a general warning, you should know that there's a big leak incoming.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PriorMarcus posted:

If you don't want spoilers, as a general warning, you should know that there's a big leak incoming.

Is this the plot of the new Torchwood? I know it's Wales but is a big leek really the best villain they could come up with?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is this the plot of the new Torchwood? I know it's Wales but is a big leek really the best villain they could come up with?

It's a leak about the new season of Doctor Who.

e: oh, I get it, lol

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bicyclops posted:

It's a leak about the new season of Doctor Who.

e: oh, I get it, lol

Won't be so funny after that leek starts spinning

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bicyclops posted:

My dream job is MST3K-ing Classic Who, and the monkey's paw can curl all it wants. I'm tired of looking around while I watch it and having nobody there to appreciate my jokes.
        \

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Now I know this is a no spoilers zone, and I'm quite fond of that. In fact, I'm so fond of it that I'd like to know what sort of leak this has been so that I don't accidentally stumble into it later when trying to google for information about the October series.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CommonShore posted:

Now I know this is a no spoilers zone, and I'm quite fond of that. In fact, I'm so fond of it that I'd like to know what sort of leak this has been so that I don't accidentally stumble into it later when trying to google for information about the October series.

the new doctor is a woman

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's nothing you won't see five minutes into episode 1. Less spoilery than the TV ads will be

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CommonShore posted:

It's about a forty second clip from the first episode, as well as some design photos. We'll know all of what's in it before the episode has been running for five minutes, probably.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

CommonShore posted:

It's pretty much nothing you wouldn't expect - new versions of things we've gotten used to seeing new versions of. The Rani does not show up, for example....unless she's pulling a Missy.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

quote:

we’ll meet a professor played by Unbound Doctor David Warner and an incarnation of the Doctor played by Michael Jayston

I'm down with Benny Meets the Valeyard, but if there was ever a time to announce Benny Meets (or Vs. or Marries) River Song, this was it! :mad::arghfist:

Edward Mass posted:

It's pretty much nothing you wouldn't expect - new versions of things we've gotten used to seeing new versions of. The Rani does not show up, for example....unless she's pulling a Missy.

Rani comes back as a man, calling it now!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Ahhhhh no. Ark in Space did not inspire Alien, at least not to any effect that Dan O’Bannon has ever said. He was pretty up front about it being an homage to 50s sci-horror like Thing from Another World and Forbidden Planet and you can see it’s spiritual roots in Dark Star (1974).

:goonsay:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Somebody shows up fighting Sontarans and it's Martha Jones! ....or.... is it!?! :aaa:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Somebody shows up fighting Sontarans and it's Martha Jones! ....or.... is it!?! :aaa:

20 years from now Big Finish will do an audi that confirms that Martha was indeed a Rutan all along.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Edward Mass posted:

The rani has always been there op she’s the gender swapped regeneration of the valeyard

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Chokes McGee posted:

The rani has always been there op she’s the gender swapped regeneration of the valeyard

Wait

Hold on

You’re telling me...the Rani....is the final regeneration of the Doctor?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/god-is-coming-in-torchwood-series-6

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

I still need to listen to the series 5 sets lmao

Pretty keen for the Torchwood One vs WOTAN set next month, tho

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Box of Bunnies posted:

Pretty keen for the Torchwood One vs WOTAN set next month, tho

WOTAN: CAPTAIN WHO IS REQUIRED
Henchman: Do you mean Jack Harkness is the Captain who you require for your plans to be completed?
WOTAN: ....I COULD HAVE REALLY USED HAVING YOU AROUND IN 1966

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Can't wait to see which Torchwood character decides not to come back in between episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Can't wait to see which Torchwood character decides not to come back in between episodes.

Explain?

• Locked thread