Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

It’s actually making fun of austism tho?

I see wisdom in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

oldpainless posted:

Well gently caress you too mate

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well gently caress you too mate

I’m not your mate, chief

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

oldpainless posted:

I’m not your mate, chief

I'm not your chief, bosun

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I'm not your chief, bosun

I'm not your bosun, private first class.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:confused:Who's the coxswain?
:v: that's correct.
:confused:oh gently caress off
:v:no, he's the surgeon.

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 08:38 on Jun 25, 2018

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

oldpainless posted:

That's fair, I'd hate to live in Austin.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I will not hear a word against TISM itt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdpAVIHgo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the existential horror of playing a game series that women like

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I can't stop reading Nancy https://www.gocomics.com/nancy/2018/06/25

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Is this stereotype still true? That mom doesn't look old enough.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

https://www.pri.org/stories/2018-06-21/nancy-goes-back-drawing-board

An PRI interview with the new artist of Nancy.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Nancy has somehow become great

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hhhat posted:

Nancy has somehow become great

New artist, who's a woman so a lot of stupid people on the internet are acting like you'd expect.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Skwirl posted:

New artist, who's a woman so a lot of stupid people on the internet are acting like you'd expect.

Also a millenial~* so the ancient dusty oldNancy fans are bitter as hell about nuNancy and the kids these days reading their comic

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Their comments mostly being along the lines of "What's this surprisingly heartwarming comic about a precocious child doing here? We wanted the comic about the lady with the boobs, as drawn by the guy who took over after the one who drew the heartwarming precocious child died/retired."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Beachcomber posted:

Is this stereotype still true? That mom doesn't look old enough.

On the one hand, I think most parents of a kid that age will have grown up with video games, so making the distinction between types would be more natural.

On the other hand, my kid gets mad when I call his Nintendo 3DS XL (tm) a "game boy", so. :shrug:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think unless they were gamers themselves (and a good chunk of people are not, even among millennial parents), they'll probably just call it whatever the first video game system their child begged them for. For a while everything was a "playstation."

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I feel like they should be forced to include a ♂ in their username at this point for easy identification

I just read some Nancy comics and they were tight

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

hhhat posted:

I feel like they should be forced to include a ♂ in their username at this point for easy identification

I just read some Nancy comics and they were tight

I was trying to read from the beginning of the new run and forgot she only started part way through May so I accidently read some stuff from the previous artist/writer and jesus christ it's dire.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Also a millenial~* so the ancient dusty oldNancy fans are bitter as hell about nuNancy and the kids these days reading their comic

Apparently "Olivia James" is a pseudonym and the author has/had a webcomic.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

This is horrifying.

Also:

quote:

SPENCERR  16 DAYS AGO

this strip is a metaphor for when im at home just hanging in a groupchat with my 2 closest friends and its poppin off despite the fact theres only three of us and i think life’s great but then next thing i know im stuck in a public place at 3 on a saturday trying to look like im busy so men i dont know dont try to come up and talk to me so i start yelling in the groupchat but no one responds because its 3 on a saturday so i just get stuck there refreshing my email but you can only refresh your email so long before it gets obvious that you’re just killing time and that dude over there i dont know is looking like he might start moving over this way and i start wishing i knew more people to text at this moment of crisis. hit like if you can relate

Which of you is this?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Which of you is this?

It says "SPENCERR" right at the top. :shrug:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I was trying to read from the beginning of the new run and forgot she only started part way through May so I accidently read some stuff from the previous artist/writer and jesus christ it's dire.

I dunno man seems pretty funny to me

https://www.gocomics.com/nancy/2014/01/11

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I can't parse that joke at all. Did he marry and take his wife's name or what the gently caress is the point of this?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Krinkle posted:

I can't parse that joke at all. Did he marry and take his wife's name or what the gently caress is the point of this?

When he started out John Mellencamp was convinced by a record producer that his name was stupid and he used John Cougar instead. Then after he started to become successful he went by John Cougar Mellencamp and eventually dropped the Cougar entirely and is now back to John Mellencamp. It is a stupid joke for 2014 since all this poo poo happened in the 80s.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Just the other day my mom called the PSVR (which she loves) the “Sega 3D”, so this is extra funny to me. :allears:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Dewgy posted:

Just the other day my mom called the PSVR (which she loves) the “Sega 3D”, so this is extra funny to me. :allears:

I introduced my dad to McDonald's value menu and he's obsessed with Junior Chickens now, but he doesn't know what they're called so every iteration becomes more ridiculous: "Buddy Chickens", "Junior Whatevers" and my favourite, "Micro Chicken Sandwich". Watching him get frustrated with the cashier, who doesn't know what he wants, is also funny. Anyways, probably repost:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cash crab posted:

I introduced my dad to McDonald's value menu and he's obsessed with Junior Chickens now, but he doesn't know what they're called so every iteration becomes more ridiculous: "Buddy Chickens", "Junior Whatevers" and my favourite, "Micro Chicken Sandwich". Watching him get frustrated with the cashier, who doesn't know what he wants, is also funny. Anyways, probably repost:

I hate this because it's clearly a pie

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

The hell do you have against pie

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Who What Now posted:

The cornbread was behind the pie. :catbert:

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Who What Now posted:

Zil posted:

The cornbread was behind the pie. :catbert:

And is also in her hand.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nancy under the new writer is great. She somehow manages to make Guy look even loving worse.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ferrule posted:

And is also in her hand.

I thought that was the butter stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
eh. Maybe. Probably. But food keeps appearing so I'm sure in the final panel some corn bread shows up that we can't see, probably along with a pizza. Point is, the pie is pie and isn't mentioned.