Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I assume we're getting the doggos again next once the birbs are all done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

sebzilla posted:

I assume we're getting the doggos again next once the birbs are all done

Fingers crossed as I have none of them

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
From a completion standpoint that's good, but gen 2 has always seemed like the "also ran" generation to me

Tank Sinatra
Dec 26, 2012
Naming your buddy after your location is hella clever. Thanks for the pokeballs, Winnipeg!

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
I travel a little bit for work and for leisure, so I've managed to get a few regionals through that (Mime, Heracross, Corsola, Volbeat), and it seems like a few folks in my city have been open to trading. I need a Kangaskhan to complete my Kanto dex, but it seems like so many people out here have gotten them via swapping account information over a Reddit service and someone in Australia catching it for them.

Am I weird that I'm not really interested in the cheated 'mons or is this something other people have been concerned about?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Amish posted:

I travel a little bit for work and for leisure, so I've managed to get a few regionals through that (Mime, Heracross, Corsola, Volbeat), and it seems like a few folks in my city have been open to trading. I need a Kangaskhan to complete my Kanto dex, but it seems like so many people out here have gotten them via swapping account information over a Reddit service and someone in Australia catching it for them.

Am I weird that I'm not really interested in the cheated 'mons or is this something other people have been concerned about?

I think it's a little arbitrary, but you do you and set whatever ground rules you want for how you're gonna win at pokemon. Like as long as you're not demanding people send you videos to prove they 'earned' their pokemon before they can raid with you, trespassing on military bases, or murdering folks over gyms, you're still being a lot more normal than some of the people playing this game

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Good lord I hope they sell egg bag upgrades like the other two options. I can't hold all these eggs

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Gifts just got nerfed super hard. 20 cap remains in place.

The "stacks" you roll 3 or 4 of from most gifts now:

Regular Ball 5 > 3
Great Ball 5 > 2
Ultra Ball 5 > 1
Regular Potion 2 > 1
Super Potion 2 > 1
Hyper Potion 2 > 1
Max Potion 2 > 1
Revive 2 > 1
Max Revive 2 > 1
Pinap Berry 10 > 2

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, I guess it was too good to last.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Beachcomber posted:

From a completion standpoint that's good, but gen 2 has always seemed like the "also ran" generation to me

legendary dogs >>> regis trio imo

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

JesusSinfulHands posted:

legendary dogs >>> regis trio imo

Regirock and Registeel are baller golems.

Regiice can jump in a (warm) lake

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The nerf is probably for the best, considering I’ve obtained ~400 items in the past two days.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Edward Mass posted:

The nerf is probably for the best, considering I’ve obtained ~400 items in the past two days.

it's kind of nuts, yes. I hope they keep an eye on it because for people in rural/low stop density areas I bet internet friends shipping them items en masse was amazing, and I want that to continue.

for anyone having to throw out dozens of berries, balls, potions, and revives a day though, probably welcome

on the other hand 10 pinaps or 5 ultra balls at once was just absurd no matter how you look at it

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, I had to throw away tons of potions, super potions, and revives ... I have soooo many max potions and max revives that keeping them was just silly, and I was completely out of my maxed-out bag space.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You can trash research tasks and try to find something easier for you. Alternatively you can complete them but don’t “cash in” until the next day and it will count as a stamp for that date.
Yeah, I managed to complete the curveball with my first catch of the day and I'm saving a few easier ones to cash in later. Here's hoping!

EDIT: Like the three I've got lined up now is 'get 3 great throws' which should be easy, 'catch 5 weather boosted pokemon' which is also easy, and 'evolve 1 water pokemon' which I'm 2 candies away from evolving my spheal, so I'm saving that one for now.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
"Get three great throws" gets you an encounter with a Gastly so it's great to have when you're doing the "catch some ghosts" Mew quest.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
5948 8806 0895
Add me I’m lonely.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
My Mr. Mimes are spoken for now, but I'm heading back to Europe again in the fall, and will have more time/better equipment for collecting regionals this go-round. Turns out my Blackberry can't run PoGo for poo poo, and even less so when it's on free hotel wifi in Kiev...

Wait, how is there not, like, a crying eagle-man-molotov-cocktail-hybrid on a Ukranian flag called ":euromaidan:" or some poo poo?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My code: 3773 6880 2545
My offspring's code: 8630 1541 8122

Been a busy weekend, but I should be able to spin up some gifts tomorrow.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Vegastar posted:

Regular Ball 5 > 3
Great Ball 5 > 2
Ultra Ball 5 > 1
Regular Potion 2 > 1
Super Potion 2 > 1
Hyper Potion 2 > 1
Max Potion 2 > 1
Revive 2 > 1
Max Revive 2 > 1
Pinap Berry 10 > 2

Yeah, I figured this was the case this morning. That's fine, I was so overloaded with items it actually wasn't worth opening gifts past a few of them.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Vegastar posted:

Regular Ball 5 > 3
Great Ball 5 > 2
Ultra Ball 5 > 1
Regular Potion 2 > 1
Super Potion 2 > 1
Hyper Potion 2 > 1
Max Potion 2 > 1
Revive 2 > 1
Max Revive 2 > 1
Pinap Berry 10 > 2

Yeah, like most of you I think this is definitely a good thing. I've thrown away more berries, balls and potions in the last couple days than I have in the last month. What I'd really like to see at this point is either an increase in the number of eggs you can carry, or even the ability to buy more infinite incubators. Make it something stupid like $10, or even just limit them to 1 or 2 per account, but this whole having to spend all my coins on incubators every month or so just to clear space is murder.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I wouldn't mind the 10 pinaps if only you could mass donate to the gyms instead of doing it one by one.

Actually, they should implement that feature anyway.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Hi goons, please ruin me with presents.

0701 5430 7874

Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Feed me and tell me I'm pretty
Hey everybody, I need friends!

Code:1080 6517 7374

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Tank Sinatra posted:

Naming your buddy after your location is hella clever. Thanks for the pokeballs, Winnipeg!

Yeah it really is useful. Here's what I named mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXi1begBop0

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Rural goon checking in. Send me things because the corn is devoid of mons

2197 1016 4752

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
First batch of Alolans done in the incubators I could spare, very first one was a Vulpix! She is from Georgia and she's my buddy and she's great. Also hatched: a Grimer from Chicago and a local Meowth.

Now I just need to walk the few candies I'm missing to get a snowy Ninetails.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Bleh, the raid group on discord in my area isn't accepting anyone new, and want you to be level 25 with a ton of pictures of your account.

Any alternatives to hook up with raid people in your area?

AzureSkye posted:

First batch of Alolans done in the incubators I could spare, very first one was a Vulpix! She is from Georgia and she's my buddy and she's great. Also hatched: a Grimer from Chicago and a local Meowth.

Now I just need to walk the few candies I'm missing to get a snowy Ninetails.

Snowy Ninetails is the best

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Vegastar posted:

Regular Ball 5 > 3
Great Ball 5 > 2
Ultra Ball 5 > 1
Regular Potion 2 > 1
Super Potion 2 > 1
Hyper Potion 2 > 1
Max Potion 2 > 1
Revive 2 > 1
Max Revive 2 > 1
Pinap Berry 10 > 2

You can actually get evolution items now. I just got a metal coat from a gift.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Bleh, the raid group on discord in my area isn't accepting anyone new, and want you to be level 25 with a ton of pictures of your account.

Any alternatives to hook up with raid people in your area?

I literally have no understanding of this. I’ve done a few raids with groups I’ve come across here and there. Maybe a few times I’ve found ones from a local Facebook group or discord. As long as you have 10-12 people, you’re going to beat the friggin thing anyway - why is there a need to be so selective and so secretive?

I haven’t done a TON of legendary raids (I’ve done maybe 40 since they started), and I’ve done them with a lot of different groups, and never ONCE have we failed to beat the thing. I think the least amount of time left was 40 seconds, and that was a Kyogre we did with 7 total people. Once you beat it, it’s an individual thing to catch it anyway, so what the hell is the big deal about who’s allowed in the clubhouse??

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It’s the nerd’s chance to be popular/bully. I’m glad my local raiding group isn’t autistic exclusive.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Sexual Aluminum posted:

My local Discord group is a dude letting people access his custom scanner for a membership fee.
/Delete
Back to solo play.

Jumley
Oct 10, 2012

There's hope for you yet.

GPTribefan posted:

I literally have no understanding of this. I’ve done a few raids with groups I’ve come across here and there. Maybe a few times I’ve found ones from a local Facebook group or discord. As long as you have 10-12 people, you’re going to beat the friggin thing anyway - why is there a need to be so selective and so secretive?

I haven’t done a TON of legendary raids (I’ve done maybe 40 since they started), and I’ve done them with a lot of different groups, and never ONCE have we failed to beat the thing. I think the least amount of time left was 40 seconds, and that was a Kyogre we did with 7 total people. Once you beat it, it’s an individual thing to catch it anyway, so what the hell is the big deal about who’s allowed in the clubhouse??

Self-righteous nerds love gatekeeping

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

GPTribefan posted:

E-Bushido about this pocket monster game.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I dropped 90+ pinapps in gyms before I opened presents to see the nerf.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

DaStampede posted:

I dropped 90+ pinapps in gyms before I opened presents to see the nerf.

Pineapps are one of the items I just refuse to discard. So now I'm overloaded with 450+ of the things and throwing them at every trash mon I can find.
It's an inventory management nightmare! Most potions, regular revives, and a bulk of berries and bananas have been sacrificed.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Pinaps are great because I have like six 90%+ Wailmers (plus :syoon: my TWO purple Wailmers, Porp and Porp2 :syoon: ) who are all hungry boys.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Double post because HOLY poo poo if you have a baby Pokemon as your buddy you hold it in your arms :syoon:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Is anyone else not getting progress towards friend progression? My roommate, who I added the day this came out, still says "If you keep playing together for 5 more days, you can become great friends!" We've exchanged gifts every day, taken down a few gyms together, traded, and done lots of game-friend stuff, but it's been stuck at five days. My other two friends on here who I added the day after are both stuck at 6 days each as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Double post because HOLY poo poo if you have a baby Pokemon as your buddy you hold it in your arms :syoon:

You're making the decision whether or not to evolve my perfect IV Pichu into a Raichu even more difficult.

• Locked thread