Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Frost's gun is great, it's a headshot machine. Y'all be crazy up in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I gotta go with Vigil for both most boring and least useful op. His special is worthless and while the slug gun is funny it isn't that good.

His actual primary weapon has the damage profile of an assault rifle and he has a machine pistol secondary, coupled with impacts and 3 speed.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Suppressed Frost SMG owns hardcore.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I gotta go with Vigil for both most boring and least useful op. His special is worthless and while the slug gun is funny it isn't that good.

All 4 of his guns are good but hes Kinda boring.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Lemon-Lime posted:

His actual primary weapon has the damage profile of an assault rifle and he has a machine pistol secondary, coupled with impacts and 3 speed.

Edit::honked:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
THE LEGEND OF THE ROAMING ROOK

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 25, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i can see why people think him and jager are boring BUT vigil owns and is the character i have gotten the most aces with because all he does is run rotations and flank ppl to death with zero other responsibilities. his SMG is one of the best weapons in the entire game and doesn't need an acog to do theme park distance peeks

the effectiveness of his ability is only as good as the game sense of the player but even then it's more complex than rook's since there is the drawback of being tracked by IQ

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Dump your bag the second the round starts

except no rook in the history of the game has done this ...trust me, as someone that generally plays classes that benefit from not being spotted - the only thing actually getting me spotted is shithead rooks that don't know where their ability key is until they look to see what its mapped to on their HUD as the whole team yells at them

but yeah roaming rook is obviously good in the same way that siege in general is good because you can do whatever you want and still do well. that doesn't change the fact that doc is more suited towards it with the exact same acog loadout

The Duggler posted:

It'll be 3 speed Rook and Doc that will be the problem, can't see the attackers abusing this one

it doesn't work with blitz because you have to be 3 armor. we tested it with montagne and it worked which was pretty funny.

but realistically, we're looking at the abuse of 3 speed Maestro LMG acog, echo mp5sd acog/smg, roaming mira and of course doc/rook. all of which kick rear end already.

as someone that actually plays tachanka anyway, i will certainly utilize this to harvest mid-level tears in ranked and i honestly wouldn't be surprised if they don't bother to fix this for a very long time because it isn't nearly as game breaking as the poo poo like jager's shield glitch or valk's all seeing blackeye on bank

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
A 3 speed maestro you say? I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Tried the Keratos for a few games and man this thing hits like a loving truck.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

prostrat:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Thief posted:

except no rook in the history of the game has done this ..

As a humble rook main I have to defend my fellow rooks of this slander. Since this operation or maybe the chimera mid-season patch, they gave rook a stealth nerf by giving you some input lag at the beginning of the defence phase. I used to be able to slam the plates into the ground before the game has fully faded in, but now there's like a second or two in delay where you just stand there and stare at the wall before rook takes out his plates.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
My group's rook usually puts his armor down at the beginning. Into the most exposed portion of the entire map, so if you don't get it in the prep phase then good luck.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Fart Car '97 posted:

There's a bug in the game that's super easy to replicate and turns any op into a 3 speed lmao

It has to be a 3 armor.

SpazmasterX posted:

A 3 speed maestro you say? I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

3 speed doc is silly too.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

here's an ace and some smg decoy stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPPUfvvbmoA

also fwiw the whole "use the default skin" thing is fun when it works but dumb. standing in place of your decoy is the most high risk thing she can do. on the off chance someone is henchman enough to let you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE8KlskLKzc them its cool but realistically the other two skins will let you hide in plain sight way better:

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'm going to use the default skin without sights as Alibi forever because with every death from trying it, I don't feel discouraged. Anticipation and tension as I stand in place like an idiot is half the fun. I can't imagine it is a particularly good plan for winrate though, it'd be pretty unreliable. I wouldn't hold it against anyone for trying it either way, even if I do poke fun at friends for using skins.

Except glaz ruins it forever even if he is out of drones :mad:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I switched to using skins because pubbies aren't coordinated enough to notice that I'm using a skin when my prisma is peaking a tiny murder hole.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Ranked is full of hackers and casual is a toxic pit of high plat/diamond sweat and silver incompetence. Pls fix ubi I want my modes split up again ty

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Captainicus posted:

I'm going to use the default skin without sights as Alibi forever because with every death from trying it, I don't feel discouraged. Anticipation and tension as I stand in place like an idiot is half the fun. I can't imagine it is a particularly good plan for winrate though, it'd be pretty unreliable. I wouldn't hold it against anyone for trying it either way, even if I do poke fun at friends for using skins.

Except glaz ruins it forever even if he is out of drones :mad:

No one I've tricked with it bothered to notice the reflex on my gun.

queef anxiety posted:

Ranked is full of hackers and casual is a toxic pit of high plat/diamond sweat and silver incompetence. Pls fix ubi I want my modes split up again ty

Play with goons.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've had a blast playing with goons. They carry me as I'm awful but at least I give armorfood as rook and place low height Kapkan traps.

So far my favourite operators (only base ones) are IQ/sledge and Mute/kapkan/rook.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cling-Wrap Condom posted:

I like to play UNIVERSE BRAIN frost by going to a window and pretending im an attacker pushing the room, and then placing a trap at a point they might strafe into to get an angle on a common spot. This works far more often than window mats for me at my level.

littleorv posted:

Frost's gun is great, it's a headshot machine. Y'all be crazy up in here.

Frost is so good, and this is exactly why. Everyone ('everyone') knows to check for Kapkan's, check windows for Frost. Nobody checks the corner that everyone runs into to hide in a secure objective room. Nobody checks around the corner where people strafe into, back to the wall.

Also her gun, while not being statistically incredible, is the most dangerous thing in the game, because peoples brains can't handle +5 bullets and a slow fire rate. The number of kills I have as Frost where I'm just banging at some corner because that's where someone ducked behind during our firefight, and when they pop back out my gun is still going and they eat a bullet, is stupidly, impossibly high.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Nothing is sweeter than catching someone in a frost trap and then waiting until someone tries to pick them up.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
If only the South American servers weren't dogshit - even sitting at 70ms, you will constantly get the red plug icon on the top right corner of the screen. Funnily enough I don't get that while playing with 220ms on the North American servers. :sigh:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
It would be cool if the hologram always had the opposite gun of whichever you had equipped, just to add to the trickery of it all.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Cling-Wrap Condom posted:

Oh hey thanks man, it's been good to see you streaming and poo poo. Happy for ya.
I haven't done ranked this season but last season I was Gold 4/Plat 1 depending on weather.

The stream has been super rewarding. Spending time learning R6 and trying to come up with new tech is really awesome. Much better than being in Alabama. :)

I want to get to high gold/platinum so I can really learn about this game. I still need to find a group of regulars to play with.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

so that leaked ying ninja recruit headgear came out today:

:ninja:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Oh gently caress that looks good

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well that's loving amazing. Tumble get in here they heard you asking for more masks!

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

she's fun and im glad they gave her something cool instead of treating her like another jackal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqrOxlgAql8

but also shooting through the floor in general is fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuURtWpD9kU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Those are great videos. Second one in particular. I gotta play with goons more, I have zero vertical game drat.

Kapzy
Aug 15, 2015

When am i gonna get a Russian cowboy uniform for Kapkan? That is the real question

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thief posted:

so that leaked ying ninja recruit headgear came out today:

:ninja:

poo poo I should have gotten her black camo while I had the chance

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
There is also a grey lesion helmet without the yellow hazmat logo.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The average player gets so confused about LMGs.

"they shot like 12 bullets already, they must be reloading"
*peeks around corner, gets domed*

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

jyrque posted:

The average player gets so confused about LMGs.

"they shot like 12 bullets already, they must be reloading"
*peeks around corner, gets domed*

Every loving time. I love planting rear end on point and waiting till there's like 30 seconds left cause then it's just "ACTIVATE BULLET HOSE" as you spray down the main entrance and they just run into the lead stream :getin:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

On the other hand, the number of times I've told my LMG-toting friend, "Keep shooting! Why did you stop shooting? You have 150 bullets!" when he's peeking a dude's hiding spot.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My new favorite thing to do with Maestro is to shred people on the other side of weak walls. No murderholes just a camera and 150 chances to get lucky as I aim about head height.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzXkX6xOs1U

Kikas posted:

Every loving time. I love planting rear end on point and waiting till there's like 30 seconds left cause then it's just "ACTIVATE BULLET HOSE" as you spray down the main entrance and they just run into the lead stream :getin:

lmao sometimes you can even just spam bullets at the start of the round and someone will just walk right up and peek it like a moth to the flame.

this and staggered firing work so well in this game.

flatout mag dumping 30ish rounds is apparently so normal that even the tiniest bit of ammo management and offset pacing will throw the vast majority of people that play this game for a loop. it's weird because that is normally such a big part of counter-strike, battlefield and cod which is where a lot of the playerbase seems to have migrating from

ZeusCannon posted:

My new favorite thing to do with Maestro is to shred people on the other side of weak walls. No murderholes just a camera and 150 chances to get lucky as I aim about head height.

unedited villa gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfokJrYhn5E

Thief fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 27, 2018

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I gotta say I wan't exactly sold on Maestro when i initially bought him and thought "drat I should have spent my renown better" but then I noticed that all other R6 players roam like there's no tomorrow and planting rear end on point is the way to go. And then it all clicked, people running into my bullet hoses, setting up the cameras in good spots, shooting down Twitch drones with the laser. Maestro good, the Kratos is an amazing sidearm, the LMG rocks, game's fun.

I also got loving demoted to Bronze I cause I am an idiot and getting 2 kills makes me hunt down the enemy instead of standing in place even if I am the last man standing playing as Mira. The red mist killed me (losing the round in the process) like 5 times last night, I have no idea what happened. Hope my buddies can carry me out.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nah dude you did the right thing tbh. The golden rule of Siege is "never be where the enemy knows you are" so even if you're just moving from one side of a room to the other you shouldn't be standing in place.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

They should give ying the option to trigger her flashbangs the way fuze can trigger his grenades imo, but regardless she's a lot of fun to play. Rapelling ying hot breaches just own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

They should give ying the option to trigger her flashbangs the way fuze can trigger his grenades imo, but regardless she's a lot of fun to play. Rapelling ying hot breaches just own

I only get those to work (with enemies in the room) maybe one in fifty times, but when they do it's just the smuggest drat feeling.

Though half the time I forget about the difference in the animation and just throw the flashbang right against the barricade, destroying the breaching charge in the process. :downs: