Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

Movies should just have make references to loss.jpg which never went out of style 10 years on.

The Loud House on Nickelodeon already snuck a loss in.

I'm not kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

those twisted, sick motherfuckers that put yakety sax over disaster footage.......they were real monsters.

I believe you may have misread my tone

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The Loud House on Nickelodeon already snuck a loss in.

I'm not kidding.

I saw it and had to check it to see it was true. It was. I hope it wasn't the pervert that got fired who put it there, though.

Trailer:
It's only a matter of time before this book gets a movie adaptation. It's about a black girl who lives in a black neighborhood but goes to a mostly white prep school and becomes a witness to his friend getting killed by a white cop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nl9If0lAtY

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaG1KZqrLvM

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Now that's one "your mom" joke I never heard before.

Looks a bit better edited this time.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

I'd watch it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I think so far my main issue is that that main white guy lead just seems like a whole lotta nothing. It's a character template that we've seen before in like, Sam Worthington in Avatar, Charlie Hunnam in Pacific Rim, Joel Kinnaman in Suicide Squad, etc etc. It's just an absolute void of charisma and character interest that drains those movies of a lead we can care about, goddamn. I really hope Sterling K Brown is the secret main character of the movie, but I get the feeling that won't be the case.

Better trailer than that one that focused on the kid, though.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 26, 2018

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The "minor league/AAA college team pitcher" theory of film stars.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Definitely a better trailer than the first one though I still think it's almost impressive that they managed to locate the single most uncharismatic protagonist that has ever existed.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

So, PREDATORS again?

They run across an original flavor predator, it gets btfo by some bigger badder predator, and becomes a de facto ally to the humans as they fight the new threat?

I'm the guy who actually liked that movie so I dig it. Basically just giving it the PREDATOR 2 treatment by sticking it in a city/town.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

GrandpaPants posted:

I think so far my main issue is that that main white guy lead just seems like a whole lotta nothing. It's a character template that we've seen before in like, Sam Worthington in Avatar, Charlie Hunnam in Pacific Rim, Joel Kinnaman in Suicide Squad, etc etc. It's just an absolute void of charisma and character interest that drains those movies of a lead we can care about, goddamn. I really hope Sterling K Brown is the secret main character of the movie, but I get the feeling that won't be the case.

I wasonly half watching and thought it was Joel Kinnaman... which kind of proves your point. Although i don't mind Kinnaman in general and don't think he's the same level of charisma void as some of the others mentioned, but I haven't seen Suicide Squad.

Oh it's the guy from Narcos. Should have got Pedro Pascal instead.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 26, 2018

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

He was fine in it, delivered what he needed and probably exactly what was asked of him. I mean, rip him apart but using that movie as evidence isn't great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I appreciate the peppered predator sound effects kiimo. Thank you.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Isn't this a Black Mirror episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GFfS0HAN_k

cvnvcnv posted:

Yeah, what a charisma void Kinnaman was in SUICIDE SQUAD playing the lone straight-man to an entire cast of comic book villains. :allears:

He was a bad straight man because they usually at least have some semblance of a presence. Viola Davis played the "straight man" and she played it right.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
That Predator trailer is almost as baller as the movie poster released with it. Sold.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Robert Redford can stick me up any time he wants. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7rlUe-Thvk

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

ruddiger posted:

Robert Redford can stick me up any time he wants. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7rlUe-Thvk

Same Im in for this one

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Welcome the gently caress back, Panos.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

bows1 posted:

Same Im in for this one

Lowery leaning hard on his Malick fetish here.

Kinda like watching someone shout "I'm LeBron bitch!" before missing a layup.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I thought Nic Cage is in a Manos remake for a moment there.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
He'd absolutely play The Master and Torgo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is one of my most anticipated movies in years, no lie

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This is one of my most anticipated movies in years, no lie

:cool::respek::cool:

I'm pretty much elated.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

cvnvcnv posted:

:cool::respek::cool:

I'm pretty much elated.
It's crazy to think this is only his second film. Like what the gently caress?! It seems like after BtBR, he should've been approached with all kinds of projects, His style would be perfect for so many things. Maybe he just turned them all down though?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I don’t remember the last movie I was so hyped for

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's coming to a festival here real soon so I'm going trailer silent on it.
:cool:

I really didn't like Black Rainbow, but I probably just wasn't in the mood that day. I'll give it another shot before Mandy.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 27, 2018

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

:rock:

I also appreciate the exact time. I was ready to risk staying up until midnight for this.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

LesterGroans posted:

He'd absolutely play The Master and Torgo.

Oh my God, stop *crosses legs*

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I liked that THE PREDATOR trailer a lot, though I don't know why they didn't just lead with that one instead of whatever that first trailer was.

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
I've seen Madeline's Madeline but it's a hard film to sell within a trailer as it's less of a narrative film and more about portraying the frazzled state of a mentally ill teenage girl. Looks like they're just leaning into mood/aesthetic over narrative for the trailer too, and the results are pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ezPTjSSPw

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm down for Molly Parker playing a villain.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://youtu.be/rI054ow6KJk

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bill Duke!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

This will be my favourite movie of 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

unholy moly!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress yes I’m all for this.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Anyone diggin' on that Mandy trailer who hasn't seen Beyond the Black Rainbow should check it out, though it's definitely more of a downer-fueled slow burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWF0bBKhe6o

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

I liked that THE PREDATOR trailer a lot, though I don't know why they didn't just lead with that one instead of whatever that first trailer was.

Because studios don't have a stack of trailers ready to go the instant principle photography wraps.

The super predator for example wasn't finished until a few weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

kiimo posted:

The super predator for example wasn't finished until a few weeks ago.

Gotta say, that super predator is pretty intimidating. No conscience. No empathy. However it is it ended up that way, hope those soldiers can take it on and bring it to heel.