Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

No, they've never done one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

projecthalaxy posted:

That's not a glitch that's just WCW mode.

I'm not sure if even 2K could get glitched enough for Hogan to win a strap match against Ric Flair by pinning Vader. Has a game ever had a strap/bullrope match? Seems like it would have happened but i cant think of one.

i'm chuckling trying to imagine the gameplay on that mode. Especially if they made it available for online 1 v 1 haha

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

I don't have a twitch account so I couldn't comment but I caught the second half of that card. The deathmatch at the end owned

Thanks. That actually worked out better than I expected it. I downloaded a mod that let wrestlers go outside during landmine matches, with the expectation that they would go outside and trigger a bunch of explosions, and it would be cool. What ended up happening, even though there were only 2 landmine spots, was a pretty great dominant heel(Doomslayer) vs tenacious face(Scorpion), with a pretty great finish.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

WWE All Stars is such a fun game, why can't we have something arcadey like this anymore.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

That's not a glitch that's just WCW mode.

I'm not sure if even 2K could get glitched enough for Hogan to win a strap match against Ric Flair by pinning Vader. Has a game ever had a strap/bullrope match? Seems like it would have happened but i cant think of one.

The strap match may be the worst gimmick match of all time so we're continuously dodging a bullet there.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

The only good strap/chain match I’ve seen was the one with Psycho Clown and Rey Escorpion from AAA this year where both participants gave zero shits about the stipulation and just beat themselves bloody.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Testekill posted:

WWE All Stars is such a fun game, why can't we have something arcadey like this anymore.

It only sold about 1/3 as much as the annual WWE game, basically. It was a lot more fun, but a huge chunk of the market is going to buy a single WWE game in a given year and they'd rather get the simmy one with the current roster than a weird arcade game.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

~Last time~!
-Tracer finally won a match!
-Captain N’s winning streak came to an ignominous end at the hands of Hugo Andore and Poison.
-Link secured a authoritative victory over 2B with the Skulltula End
-Rainbow Mika was mauled by A Literal Bear
-NEMESIS conquered a legend, defeating Stan Hansen
-Executioner Smough & Dragonslayer Ormstein defeated the Super Mario Bros to become the first ever PCGP Co-Op Champions-
-Scorpion overcame 2 mine explosions to make THE DOOMSLAYER tap out to a Hellock in a Phobos Deathmatch.

~Tonight!~
GAME Pro Wrestling Live @ 8:05 EST
-At Limit Break, PCGP Spokesman Cid Pollendina announced the Star Cup, a month long, 16-man tournament with the winner receiving a grand prize of 50,000 Coins and an as yet unnamed special opportunity.
- Current brackets available at:
https://challonge.com/9gn4sv15
-The Wildcard entry will be determined this week in an 8-Man Elimination Match: Tracer, Kirby, Duke Nukem, Solid Snake, Sub-Zero, Cody Travers, Sabin Figaro, and Terra Branford
-Also scheduled to appear: R.O.B., Samus Aran, Chun-Li, The Sons of Light, and Cuphead.

Live Tonight @8:05 Eastern on
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling
Plus! A GAME Pro Wrestling vs The World Viewer Poll has been added to the Twitch page. Choose who you want to see in the next GAME Pro Wrestling vs The World match at the Star Cup Finals on June 5!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1006558614918582277

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

I made my second CAW I like enough to post here.

https://youtu.be/R6iJIheEvTE

Haven't uploaded her yet but she has Samoa Joe's stats and moveset so I could make a Kalteena Clutch pun. Also tons of big boy moves.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

~Last time~!
-Chun-Li dismantled Samus in what was possibly the most one-sided match in GAME Pro Wrestling history.
-Duke Nukem outlasted 7 other challengers in an elimination match to earn a slot in The Star Cup
-Goro Majima handily defeated Link to advance to the Star Cup quarter final round.
-In a titanic slugfest, Bowser defeated NEMESIS, moving on to the quarter finals and ending the monster’s winning streak.
-In an unexpected upset, Trevor Belmont defeated Zangief to advance to the next round.
-And in the Main Event, Ganondorf gave the world a glimpse of his true might, defeating Scorpion with The Warlock Punch and moving forward in The Star Cup

~Tonight! Live @9:05 EST(in like, 20 minutes!)~
-Sabin Figaro takes on Executioner Smough for a shot at the Co-Op Finals
-A rematch between Frank West and Rainbow Mika
-The Star Cup continues!
-Duke Nukem vs The Chosen Undead
-Hugo Andore vs 2b
-Mettaton vs Captain N
-THE DOOMSLAYER vs A New Challenger!
-Also scheduled to appear: The Super Mario Bros, Solid Snake, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and more!

Not sure when I’m going live tonight, somewhere between 8pm EST and 9pm EST, got IRL stuff to do right before show time.
Plus! A GAME Pro Wrestling vs The World Viewer Poll has been added to the Twitch page. Choose who you want to see in the next GAME Pro Wrestling vs The World match at the Star Cup Finals on July 5!

And since I don't have a way of directly contacting him:
Hey, Lord of Booty, you still planning on doing a Fire Pro thing at some point?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Had a match bug out for the first time today. One of the participants just kinda stood there, flipping a little back and forth, and the other two wrestlers would kinda flip a little when approaching her, and this was an elimination match so I decided that couldn't work and restarted it with the same people.

The downside of all the mods is that they do increase the performance burden of the game on my old laptop. Though apparently I can just exit out of all the windows if I don't need to do anything with them. It's stalled a couple of times and that never happened before.

Still, I'm hyped because I opened a third promotion- Planet X Wrestling- that's all the weirder fictional wrestlers I've gotten from workshops (and a few I made.) Jet Jaguar is the men's champ, Brienne of Tarth is the women's champ, I don't have quite enough people for tags yet (and that'll have to be intergender in any case.)

I wonder what the console version is gonna do for custom textures and all that- hopefully there's some image editor.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Takuan posted:

Hey, Lord of Booty, you still planning on doing a Fire Pro thing at some point?

Yeah. The holdup, if anyone's curious, is that I'm planning on commissioning some original ring art and logo art and whatnot (along with probably a custom stream overlay that's less big and distracting than the one I was using), and getting money together for that has been... a bastard. I meant to have it done by the end of May, and now it's the middle of fuckin' June and it's not really in immediate sight.

The obvious thing to do would be do a donation-drive stream and make its ghetto-ness :thejoke:, but something about that feels a little lovely and cynical, so I dunno.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Any word on the FPW ps4 caw download options yet? Will it be something like 2k's community downloads or something else?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

There hasn't been a concrete word on how edit sharing will work, or even if you'll be able to import images to use as ring graphics, which is concerning.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

(along with probably a custom stream overlay that's less big and distracting than the one I was using), and getting money together for that has been... a bastard.

Y'know, something I've notice among people streaming wrestlegames, from VGCW to New Legacy to the Greater Fire Pro Community, is that almost all of them have minimal overlays, hell quite a few remove the in-game UI's as well. Then again if yours are good enough, it might set a new standard, so who knows. Art is Expensive, you may be better off banging out whatever kind of simple logo you can with free fonts and GIMP and then upgrade when you can, just to get the ball rolling. Promotion and making a consistent, entertaining product is way better than a fancy custom logo as I, with my decent custom logo and custom ring graphics, can attest to. Just start booking and running and get the aesthetics when you can. Speaking of which:

~Last time~!
-Sabin lost to Executioner Smough in his bid for a Co-Op Title shot. The Returner’s chance at the title lies in Terra’s hands now.
-Rainbow Mika triumphed over Frank West in an unexpectedly epic slugfest.
-Duke Nukem defeated The Chosen Undead to advance to the Star Cup Quarter Finals
-2B beat Hugo, moving forward in the Star Cup and bringing the giant’s winning streak to an end.
-Mettaton defeated Captain N to advance to the Quarter Finals
-A debuting Dracula stopped THE DOOMSLAYER dead in his tracks with Dracula’s Curse to move on to the next round.

~Tonight! Live @8:05 EST~
~Thursday, June 25, @8:05EST(0100 GMT)!~
-The Star Cup Continues with the Quarter Final Round!
-Goro Majima vs King Bowser, Hugo Andore vs 2B, Duke Nukem vs Dracula, & Trevor Belmont vs Ganondorf!
-Plus, Terra faces Dragonslayer Ornstein for a shot at the Co-Op Titles!
-In Tag Team Action: Zangief & Bass Armstrong vs Tina Armstrong & Rainbow Mika
-Also scheduled to appear: Tracer, Kirby, Samus Aran, Captain N, & more!
-Injury Report! THE DOOMSLAYER suffered a significant injury during last week’s match with Dracula, and will be out of action for 4-6 weeks.
-Tune in early for a special Pre-Show Tribute Match: Big Van Vader vs Tatsumi Fujinami

Plus! A GAME Pro Wrestling vs The World Viewer Poll has been added to the Twitch page. Choose who you want to see in the next GAME Pro Wrestling vs The World match at the Star Cup Finals on July 5!

Pre-Show memorial match will start in about 10 minutes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I am shocked that the Elimination Chamber in Here Comes the Pain can be broken the exact same loving way as every other WWE game.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Heh. Just lost a match by pinfall on 2K17. My guy was face first on the mat.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

I am shocked that the Elimination Chamber in Here Comes the Pain can be broken the exact same loving way as every other WWE game.

Games with 9 month development cycles have little to no time for QA and bugfixes? Say it ain't so! :v:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Heh. Just lost a match by pinfall on 2K17. My guy was face first on the mat.

Were you wrestling Cameron?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Or Kamala

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Endless Mike posted:

God that was hilarious to watch. Cole was just baffled.

What ever happened to her? She just like, disappeared.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Worked NXT house shows for awhile then got cut

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Is TEW 2016 still the defacto management sim? Universe mode in the 2k games was okay until they took away the ability to choose the storyline for your feud (unless I'm just missing how to in 2018).

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

CascadeBeta posted:

Is TEW 2016 still the defacto management sim? Universe mode in the 2k games was okay until they took away the ability to choose the storyline for your feud (unless I'm just missing how to in 2018).

Pretty much would say TEW is the goto i mean there's literally nothing else out there.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Ewr revenge is a little long in the tooth but is still being roster updated as far as I know. None of Extreme warfare’s competitors from back in the day ever matched that one anyway.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I remember being a holdout for Promotion Wars 2 until it became apparent it was never ever coming out ever.

~Last time~!
-Tracer defeated Markiplier by countout, when Markiplier decided he’d had enough, and refused to get back in the ring.
-Bass Armstrong & Zangief defeated Tina Armstrong & Rainbow Mika by referee stoppage when Mika was knocked unconscious by a Final Atomic Buster.
-Terra defeated Dragonslayer Ornstein in under 10 minutes to earn her and Terra a Co-Op Title shot.
-After the match, Executioner Smough announced that the match would be a Tornado Tag Cage match.
Star Cup Results:
-Goro Majima got himself disqualified, sending King Bowser forward to the Semi-Finals.
-Mettaton defeated 2B with a tombstone piledriver to advance to the Semi-Finals.
-Dracula beat Duke Nukem with an elbowdrop to earn a spot in the Semi-Final round.
-Trevor Belmont Over Came The Odds, defeating Ganondorf with the Whippersnapper in spite of interference by King Bowser.
-In a post-match interview, Ganondorf made it known he holds King Bowser personally responsible for his loss.

~Tonight! Live @8:05 EST~
-The Star Cup Continues with the Semi-Final Round!
-King Bowser vs Trevor Belmont & Mettaton vs Dracula!
-Frank West vs Hugo Andore in a Hardcore Match!
-The Returners & Duke Nukem vs Smoughstein & Majima
-Fox McCloud vs Kirby
-Rydia vs Faith Conners
-Also scheduled to appear: The Super Mario Bros, Cuphead, NEMESIS, Solid Snake & More!
-Injury Report! On last week’s show, Rainbow Mika was knocked unconscious by a Final Atomic Buster from Zangief. She has been cleared by GAME Pro Wrestling medical personnel, and will not miss any time. THE DOOMSLAYER does not currently have a confirmed return date, but is expected to be out at least another 4 weeks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

some day im going to get around to actually making a wrestling booking sim and it’s gonna be off the charts my dudes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2k19 is gonna have one hell of a tna roster

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

2k19 is gonna have one hell of a tna roster

Gonna make James Storm so I can have Beer Money vs the Hardys vs AJ Styles and Christian

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

New FPW english trailer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

*holds the mic up to my mouth upside down* Adam Jennings was Adam Ryland all along

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Kind of amazing that Kevin Kelly manages to sound like he doesn't actually speak English in that trailer and is just reciting the words phonetically.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I'm glad people are finally making a video game based fed for fire pro. Hopefully the vgcw collections i made helped out with the selection.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

GenericMartini posted:

I'm glad people are finally making a video game based fed for fire pro. Hopefully the vgcw collections i made helped out with the selection.

They're fuckin' great. Could use a little more curation, there's a lot of edits in those that don't have logic/movesets or are otherwise not great, but they're a really good resource to pull fictional character edits from.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I just downloaded a shitload of caws based on Samurai Warriors specifically for management of the ring mode. At least it's pretty obvious which ones are low effort edits and which ones are worthwhile.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

GenericMartini posted:

I used them to find characters I didn't initially think about. Like for "Oh yeah, that guy/girl/alien/robot" characters. I agree that they could be better curated. Not only are several lacking logic, personally I'm not a fan of when collections have multiples of the same character, because then I'm stuck trying to figure out which one is 'the best', and I feel that should be the responsibility of the one making the collection.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
It's tough downloading CAWs from the workshop for me since mine are built around my personal preferences for AI rather than effectiveness. My CAWs end up losing a lot so I have to modify whatever I download. At this point I've basically gone "gently caress it" and just use CAWs I've made myself. I should update my uploads but most of them use the custom moves mod so I don't think I even can.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 2, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah I made my own Edits and they're apparently structured a bit different from what most people seem to do. I really need to get around to making more. I need a decent headcount for manager mode.

The NJPW story mode might actually get me to play the game myself too.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah I made my own Edits and they're apparently structured a bit different from what most people seem to do. I really need to get around to making more. I need a decent headcount for manager mode.

I'm curious, how are your edits structured differently than what most people seem to do?

On the topic of edits, I feel like I'm the only person running a Fire Pro Thing that isn't exclusively using their own personal, hand crafted, artisanal edits.

And speaking of workshop edits, If you’re like me and have nothing better to do for the next few hours, come on down to https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling for the Great American Rando Rumble, or GARR! A 100-Man Royal Rumble with randomly selected participants. Come see some of the best(maybe) and maybe even some of the worst(probably) wrestlers from across time and space battle it out for supremacy in a meaningless time filler! Who knows who will show up? I sure as poo poo don’t! Maybe even Your Favorite Wrestler might make an appearance! Only one way to find out! Come check it out! Or don’t! It’s a holiday! Do whatever feels right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Takuan posted:

I'm curious, how are your edits structured differently than what most people seem to do?

It's not that they're totally alien but they don't seem to give satisfying matches against edits I've downloaded. Maybe it's the other edits that are the problem.

I do, however, tend to do lowish stats and thus far haven't used the special attributes like Reborn and stuff.