Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

check out mister top-shelf liqueur over here. some of us have to soak our matted hair in grey goose, thank you very much

I read that in Eleanor from The Good Place's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Some of us gotta settle for shaking steel reserve out of our sideburns check your privilege.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Am I the only guy with a beard who uses napkins?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Twitch posted:

Napkins? Must be hard to breathe way up there on your horse, Mr. Fancypants.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I doubt the horse is THAT tall.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Twitch posted:

That's nature's nosebag, though.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Wheat Loaf posted:

That's nature's nosebag, though.

Tao of the bearded bachelor?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Twitch posted:

What kind of boomer poo poo is a napkin?

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

If not anime specifically, definitely Japan in general, because that looks like some sort of halfassed decora style, which is I guess supposed to look like you sprayed someone with glue and rolled them through a pile of stickers and barrettes and candy.

Only like all those weird Japanese street fashions it looks even more ridiculous when it's not a teenage Japanese street model.

Is it some sort of rule that every "street model" has to point their toes inward like that?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

anime. It's supposed to look more vulnerable and kawaii. gently caress japan.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Just lol if you don't rub Fernet Branca into your beard every night before bed

What am I, some sort of common Argentine?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't know if it is true but I heard that dude had a teenage son that died and he had a mental breakdown and started dressing like him.

I hope it's not true :smith:

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Twitch posted:

Why use napkins when you have nature's bib growing right out of your face?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

This guy looks like the kind of guy who hits on a friend of mine. She always gets these burnt out Trent Reznor wanna be guys in the 40s and 50s.

Like Don here

She labeled this as "the guy who steals all the medication from your cabinet when you're still asleep".

And I hate how guys who grow beards just think "hey i'm going to stop shaving" and that's it. You need to wash it, clean it, brush it, make sure poo poo dosn't get into it. But nope, they'd rather get their epic beard full of special sauce.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Don has one unfortunate haircut there goddamn.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

twistedmentat posted:

And I hate how guys who grow beards just think "hey i'm going to stop shaving" and that's it. You need to wash it, clean it, brush it, make sure poo poo dosn't get into it. But nope, they'd rather get their epic beard full of special sauce.

I recently chopped my beard off but I got into a fair number of conversations about that. It actually takes more effort to properly maintain a beard than it does to shave, especially if you let it get big. If you don't properly tend it a beard gets disgusting and it does it fast.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

This guy looks like the kind of guy who hits on a friend of mine. She always gets these burnt out Trent Reznor wanna be guys in the 40s and 50s.

Like Don here

She labeled this as "the guy who steals all the medication from your cabinet when you're still asleep".

The goth/emo and punk scene is absolutely filled with old dudes who never grew up out of that phase and got a real job, probably from a good dose of addition or mental illness.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I recently chopped my beard off but I got into a fair number of conversations about that. It actually takes more effort to properly maintain a beard than it does to shave, especially if you let it get big. If you don't properly tend it a beard gets disgusting and it does it fast.

Yup. The number of gross bushy beards I see around is uncountable. I went to rib fest and saw a bunch of guys in tapout clothes with bbq sauce covered beards.

chitoryu12 posted:

The goth/emo and punk scene is absolutely filled with old dudes who never grew up out of that phase and got a real job, probably from a good dose of addition or mental illness.

That I can see, lots of women too. Often they'll find each other and be happy, but more often than not those guys will hit on women 10+ years younger than them. It's literally that bit in the Venture Bros were Pete White goes to Trianna and says "I was the first at my college to play the Bauhaus".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

Yup. The number of gross bushy beards I see around is uncountable. I went to rib fest and saw a bunch of guys in tapout clothes with bbq sauce covered beards.

That I can see, lots of women too. Often they'll find each other and be happy, but more often than not those guys will hit on women 10+ years younger than them. It's literally that bit in the Venture Bros were Pete White goes to Trianna and says "I was the first at my college to play the Bauhaus".

A friend of mine is a 34-year-old punk with borderline personality disorder. You'd never guess how old she was because she looks young and still tries to live her life like she's just turned 21. She basically does nothing but transfer between different peoples' houses to crash at and go to parties and shows while putting off job interviews and having vague ideas of getting back into painting. I've basically given up on any attempts to help her out because she just won't take anything that doesn't hand her a million dollars on the spot.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

chitoryu12 posted:

A friend of mine is a 34-year-old punk with borderline personality disorder. You'd never guess how old she was because she looks young and still tries to live her life like she's just turned 21. She basically does nothing but transfer between different peoples' houses to crash at and go to parties and shows while putting off job interviews and having vague ideas of getting back into painting. I've basically given up on any attempts to help her out because she just won't take anything that doesn't hand her a million dollars on the spot.

Is she one of those people who refuses to get a job because they won't get paid until 2 weeks after they start?

That's unfortunate for the other stuff.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Yeah, I had this discussion with the husband about beards when we were walking by this little boutique beard care store. He said "I spend less than this on minis!"

My response: "Yeah, because minis are *your* hobby. For a guy that shops here? His beard is his hobby."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

twistedmentat posted:

Is she one of those people who refuses to get a job because they won't get paid until 2 weeks after they start?

That's unfortunate for the other stuff.

She just won’t go. She always finds an excuse not to go, like “My new pants are too big!” or “I’m waiting on my scooter to get fixed so I don’t have to bike!”

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

GoingPostal posted:

Yeah, I had this discussion with the husband about beards when we were walking by this little boutique beard care store. He said "I spend less than this on minis!"

My response: "Yeah, because minis are *your* hobby. For a guy that shops here? His beard is his hobby."

I was handed a card by someone for a specialty beard shop that opened recently. I looked them up and they basically take a bottle of Argan oil, put a tiny bit of "masculine" scent in it, then mark it up about 800%.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So basically like every other "nerd" hobby is what I'm getting out if this?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Also, the ramen edition of Dinotendies, with bonus dessert

http://peoplegettingreallymadatfood.tumblr.com/post/164414803711/dinotendies-poaches-fish-and-makes-some

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Is that...

...is that Masaokis? Has the prophet returned?

Will we once again relive the majesty of a toilet steak?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The final kkk is really what sells it

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

chitoryu12 posted:

The ones in their 30's and 40's that did get their poo poo together or had it together at an appropriate age tend to be pretty cool. Like they're 40 and have a decent job that pays well enough because they've been with the same company for years so now they just go to bed at 11pm because they have to make their step kids breakfast in the morning before school.

They're just covered in tattoos and have a lot of black shirts with skulls on them.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Is that...

...is that Masaokis? Has the prophet returned?

Will we once again relive the majesty of a toilet steak?

That hovel is nowhere near disgusting enough to be Masaokis' living space. There's barely any trash.

Eh gibbe gibbe gibbe gibbe

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I was handed a card by someone for a specialty beard shop that opened recently. I looked them up and they basically take a bottle of Argan oil, put a tiny bit of "masculine" scent in it, then mark it up about 800%.

Oh that sounds insufferable. Like I keep debating on subbing to Dollar Shave Club because its being pimped at me at from all my podcasts, so I'm like eh this doesn't seem bad, and I always run out of blades when I don't have any money, and its like 5bux a month, but they sell a lot of other stuff and the beard care stuff just sounds like a waste.

GoingPostal posted:

Considering how much minis are, weather you're going GW or Warmachine or Star Wars Legion or anything really, that has to be impressively expensive.

chitoryu12 posted:

She just won’t go. She always finds an excuse not to go, like “My new pants are too big!” or “I’m waiting on my scooter to get fixed so I don’t have to bike!”

Ugh. I've known people like that. One literally just mooched on his mom until she died. When she did, he sold the house, used the money to go back to school and actually has a pretty decent job now, but before that he just would avoid going to interview for stuff, claimed he was going to make money first doing a web coming, then writing writing apps, then he was going to become a pro gamer, then a youtuber. If he haddn't had his wakeup call he probably would have been talking about becoming a twitch streamer or something now. But when he did get an interview setup he'd just not go, giving excuses not unlike those "oh my favorite shirt was dirty" "I forgot to buy subway tokens" "I started playing X and forgot about the time".

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
God stories like that make me feel better about my poo poo life.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Raptor1033 posted:

God stories like that make me feel better about my poo poo life.

Keep in mind that the girl I'm talking about (can you even call her a "girl" at 34) has borderline personality disorder. It's not just laziness, but an actual chemical imbalance that makes her prone to impulsive and self-destructive behaviors, exaggerated emotional reactions and feelings of abandonment, and black-and-white thinking. There's no medical cure beyond therapy to try and get them to take control of their own mind, which isn't guaranteed.

As someone whose ex had undiagnosed BPD, it's an absolutely terrible thing for both the sufferer and everyone around them. It's unfortunately the kind of mental illness where you feel a strong desire to keep the victim at arm's length to avoid being dragged down yourself when they spiral into drug abuse, intentionally putting themselves in dangerous situations, and screaming fits at everyone.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Trap sprung (?) but finding a good beard oil really made a difference during the months I grow a beard. I'd genuinely recommend trying it at least once.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Trabant posted:

Trap sprung (?) but finding a good beard oil really made a difference during the months I grow a beard. I'd genuinely recommend trying it at least once.

if your beard is so poo poo you have to style it and put oil in it just fuckin shave

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cephalectomy posted:

if your beard is so poo poo you have to style it and put oil in it just fuckin shave

Yeah same with hair, lol if you have to wash it or condition it just go bald

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Cephalectomy posted:

Try it. Don't worry, it doesn't mean you're gay.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's only gay if the beards touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It's only gay if the beards touch.

Well, everyone else at this club already abandoned us in favor of hasty toilet sex, so I might as well take a shot at her.