Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

no, in extra the third magic got revealed to humanity and is the basis of people hacking their souls into cyberspace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

I thought there was an underlying metaphysical difference between Magic and magecraft. Are you saying it is just a label depending on how closely the act/effect resembles a known law of the universe?

The difference is that Magic per se isn't able to be replicated by modern civilization given infinite time and resources. Thus more things used to be considered magic, but as human civilization progressed, those things that used to be considered magic fell into the realm of the ordinary, until the present in which there are only five known magics remaining. It's pretty closely related to Nasu's conception of the power of mystery really, themes which he's covered in Rakkyo and Mahoyo and more tangentially in other stuff.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah it's less that the distinction doesn't exist, and more that humans in the Nasuverse don't understand it super well

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The Earth obeys the law of the most prosperous species on its surface:

Age of Gods : Laws based not on physics but on Mystery.

Age of Man: Science over magecraft.

Physic in nasuverse is uh... Humanity-Planet Consciousness law thing?

"If Magic is to die, it will only be when it can be realized by normal means" - Fate/complete material III

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

There is something very funny to me about the constant blank look the PC has in this game.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Even as technology improves the Hakunos continue to be very deadpan.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's no coincidence that hakunon's seiyuu has played numerous anime robots such as 2b, violet evergarden, and mikasa ackerman

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RevolverDivider posted:

Liz is fine, Jack is trash.

Jack is a precious daughter.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

jack is ludicrously gross pedo bait and literally nothing else.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am baffled by the existence of Lil Ronnie in Fate Extra, but also lmao its somehow a really amazing part of the game.

I'm really like this a lot. The combat is simple enough where I can just do those bits while listening to a podcast, so the fact that that section doesn't really bother me. So I will probably do all three characters after I finished this here with Saber.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

So here's a question for you nerds: with the Type-Moon wiki being what it is (i.e. as reliable as my teachers said Wikipedia was), where would one go if they wanted accurate information/translations/whatever of, say, a Servant's profile and junk?

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
You're basically relying on amateur translators no matter which way you turn, but: I know the site Beast's Lair has a bunch of the FGO Material Book's profiles translated and such.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

serefin99 posted:

So here's a question for you nerds: with the Type-Moon wiki being what it is (i.e. as reliable as my teachers said Wikipedia was), where would one go if they wanted accurate information/translations/whatever of, say, a Servant's profile and junk?
Generally speaking, stuff that is "hard data" is fine. So skip the page itself and scroll down to the references.

Nobody has ever collected everything in one sensible place, unfortunately.
For the FGO materials entries, at least, there is https://www.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/comments/8epytu/fategrand_order_material_full_translation/

Other resources...
http://completematerial.pbworks.com/w/page/32479544/Index
https://chaldeum.wordpress.com/
http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/6031-Fate-Grand-Order-Story-and-Lore-%28CONTAINS-SPOILERS%29 (good luck here, you'll need it)
https://wakameparadise.wordpress.com/
https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/

I don't remember what else.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Finally got around to watching Heaven's Feel, Part I.

It was really really good. But the pacing seemed so fast after Fate/Zero and UBW. There's supposed to be three of these, right?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

AlternateNu posted:

Finally got around to watching Heaven's Feel, Part I.

It was really really good. But the pacing seemed so fast after Fate/Zero and UBW. There's supposed to be three of these, right?

Oh you have no idea what's coming. Mwahahaha.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh you have no idea what's coming. Mwahahaha.

Oh, I know the story and the twists. I'm talking about the production values and the pacing of story.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Been rewatching Fate Apocrypha and despite the issues with the story I do love what they did with Kairi and Mordred.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I think the pace is fine, heaven's feel is sloooow anyway.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Been rewatching Fate Apocrypha and despite the issues with the story I do love what they did with Kairi and Mordred.

Kairi and Mordred are definitely the Waver and Iskander of Apocrypha, and that includes being the best part of the show (in fact, I really wouldn’t be surprised if they were a deliberate homage to them, considering that they’re basically a switcharound of their ‘bratty, androgynous kid and cool dad’ relationship). Slightly better luck against overpowered Babylonians, though.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 26, 2018

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It's called Fate/Stay Night because a lot of Heaven's Feel is staying home at night and not doing much. :v:

RevolverDivider posted:

jack is ludicrously gross pedo bait and literally nothing else.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 26, 2018

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

She's my Rider blender in FGO. If I want a Rider to die, I send her in. She is my precious daughter who I dress up in her cloak so that she doesn't catch a cold.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Jack is a good kid who just needs better clothes and a good parental figure that lets her murder, but to save the world, not to eat hearts

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
The people we murder don’t need the hearts

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jack is a good girl but please give her pants.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Bakanogami posted:

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Bakanogami posted:

:emptyquote:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Space Flower posted:

The people we murder don’t need the hearts

No but I need like 100+ of them between both Jeannes so I'd really rather she stopped. :(

Bakanogami posted:

Good girl, Jack.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 27, 2018

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
All Jack wanted was a mum who would give her pants, but Gudako only has money for Gachas.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The cooking show continues to be great and really makes me want to reread hollow ataraxia

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
That episode made me ready for an all-Servants sports anime. And thanks to FGO they could do it easily.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
First FGO summer event was really missing a scene where summer Mordred swam effortlessly and Saber refused to go in the water to try to keep it a secret that she can’t swim and maintain some sense of fatherly pride.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Bakanogami posted:

First FGO summer event was really missing a scene where summer Mordred swam effortlessly and Saber refused to go in the water to try to keep it a secret that she can’t swim and maintain some sense of fatherly pride.

The problem with this idea is that it would require Arturia to care about Mordred's thoughts and feelings.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just finished rewatching KnK (the main movies anyway I've yet to watch the last one) and while it's still really good I forgot how much of the big finish of the series was Kinoko Nasu Has Never Done A Drug In His Life: The Movie

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Has there been any word on the second season of Last Encore? Just binged the 10 eps today, and it was definitely a SHAFT production. :v:

I like the play on Hakuno's origins but was disappointed with the lack of Aozaki sisters.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
There's a 2 hour special towards the end of July/start of august, IIRC.

I'm fascinated how it's going to turn out, with Last Encore sort of being a sequel to Extra. :psyduck:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Cuntellectual posted:

There's a 2 hour special towards the end of July/start of august, IIRC.

I'm fascinated how it's going to turn out, with Last Encore sort of being a sequel to Extra. :psyduck:

Cool. I was wondering how they were going to stretch the last two servants and Twice into 10 episodes.

Also, yeah. The story basically being what if Haruno failed in beating Twice at the end of Fate/Extra is a pretty neat twist.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't think that's what it's supposed to be. I think it's straight up a sequel to Extra AND CCC, just replacing getting deleted after beating Twice with just losing to Twice, and presumably CCC taking place at some point after that to allow for BB's big hack

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

King of Knights now coming into your house to eat your food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I wish...