Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Don't encrypt your posts

awwwwwwwww...!

well then, Nat all I'll say is...

Natural 20 posted:

Bif you had one job.

I did do the job! I got the thing you sent me, but didn't get the thing you sent me, cause I'd got something else first. But I tried to send yours too just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

awwwwwwwww...!

well then, Nat all I'll say is...

I did do the job! I got the thing you sent me, but didn't get the thing you sent me, cause I'd got something else first. But I tried to send yours too just in case.

Oh okay then.

For the record then.

I figured out five of the things. Yesterday evening I was trying to distribute the roles to town players.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Welp. No more truth or dare.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

50 pounds of bread posted:

Welp. No more truth or dare.

Bah. Wish you'd been about yesterday.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks for nothing YT

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
To clarify: we still haven't unlocked voting correct?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Natural 20 posted:

tinyurl.com/ the person I made you betray. (full screenname)

Be quick.

Haha I’m 2 for 2 I’m ignoring codes messages from you (in this case I was asleep)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Murmur Twin posted:

Haha I’m 2 for 2 I’m ignoring codes messages from you (in this case I was asleep)

You would have been so helpful!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Real talk I have a role now but no action to go with it I don't even know what to do

Dancer
May 23, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The Serial Killer Awakens.

One player who is not scum has been made into a serial killer, once per night they attempt to kill another player. They have more mysterious attributes, but none you are aware of

Are you willing to reveal whether by "one person who is not scum" you mean "one person who is not scum *and had not yet been granted another role* " ? (i.e. that we do not have a jailer-serial killer or doctor-serial killer or something like that).

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

can someone summarize what's happened in a way that speaks to me, the sincere but inattentive player

Dancer
May 23, 2011
There are puzzles. If you solve puzzle and you send solution via PM, you get a role. If you post it in the thread, role is assigned randomly to someone who presumably doesn't have one yet..

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

oh, i thought this was survivor

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Dancer posted:

Are you willing to reveal whether by "one person who is not scum" you mean "one person who is not scum *and had not yet been granted another role* " ? (i.e. that we do not have a jailer-serial killer or doctor-serial killer or something like that).

It is as written

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Deadline is in approximately 9 hours btw. Will not be moved further at this is point.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

WHOA!! I think I figured something out!!!

---

welp looks like im gonna be a vanilla role lol, because i have no loving idea what is going on

What did you think you had figured out?

b-minus1 posted:

Sal you gotta trust me here, if you actually are “vanilla” town. Because I am town, and Rex’s post pings me big time

---

What the hell are you guys talking about

Let’s just lynch Rex and hope he flips scum. If not we will have one more chance. I’m assuming there’s one scum.

This game should take like 10 minutes.

Vote Rex and let’s move on

What about Rex's single post at the time gave you the opinion that he's scum?

quote:

This is a 4 person game. There is absolutely no reason for it to last longer than a day.

Did you know there were no night phases when you posted this?

##vote b-minus - his opinions at the start of the game read to me like scum in a game that, in his eyes, started in MYLO. His suspicion of Rex / lack of suspicion on Sal both sound fake.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote b-minus - his opinions at the start of the game read to me like scum in a game that, in his eyes, started in MYLO. His suspicion of Rex / lack of suspicion on Sal both sound fake.

Hah this feels like a F/SN callback :j:

peramene posted:

if so we should be in an alliance

against... you know who

Oooh can I join?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Murmur Twin posted:

What did you think you had figured out?
The lack of information in this game reminded me of a scene from beavis and butthead lol. nobody replied to my post so I didn't finish the quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eTqb_fgTAA&t=170s

Murmur Twin posted:

What about Rex's single post at the time gave you the opinion that he's scum?
He claimed a non vanilla role and was writing (what I perceived to be) nonsense.

Murmur Twin posted:

Did you know there were no night phases when you posted this?
No.

Murmur Twin posted:

I expressed suspicion of everyone and never once said I thought the game started in MYLO.

It should be incredibly obvious that I thought this game would be a fast-paced one comprised of 4 players at a time, 3 town, 1 scum. I had no idea it would turn into... whatever is happening right now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

b-minus1 posted:

It should be incredibly obvious that I thought this game would be a fast-paced one comprised of 4 players at a time, 3 town, 1 scum. I had no idea it would turn into... whatever is happening right now.

Yeah but if you thought the game was 3 town / 1 scum, and there was a night phase, doesn't voting the wrong person out > NK would mean town loses?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
ha, wow good point. I didn't even consider a night kill. i thought town would have 2 shots to find the scum

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

From what I get,
Rex posted lotsa pics.
Unlocked so many things.
Does he have everything?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Or is that illegal?
To have multiple roles.
May need some ruling.
Silence will confirm suspicion.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

you can't claim more than two powers, I know this for sure.

Although it sounds like the serial killer might also be allowed to have a separate power.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

He claimed a non vanilla role and was writing (what I perceived to be) nonsense.

didn't someone else claim to no longer be vanilla too? At the time I thought maybe old people get powered up or fleshed out as new people arrive, but then that was proven wrong with the big hunt for power roles.

b-minus1 posted:

Cool I have a dayvig now

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not vanilla

oh, it was you. And now it sounds like a joke nvm

Sal did claim to be vanilla though:

SalTheBard posted:

I don't even know at this point other than I am vanilla town

Which might be kinda suss since we weren't actually spelled out as vanilla town, just town. Not exactly a gotcha here, though

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Murmur Twin posted:

Oooh can I join?

I feel personally attacked.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
the dayvig was a joke.

and yes, Sal claimed "vanilla town" back when there were only four players, which I thought was odd. I was looking for simply "town" .

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

the dayvig was a joke.

and yes, Sal claimed "vanilla town" back when there were only four players, which I thought was odd. I was looking for simply "town" .

Yeah but if you get a PM that just says "town" you probably would just assume vanilla especially as the rules were not clear at all back then (or rather did not exist)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Yeah but Sal scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah but if you get a PM that just says "town" you probably would just assume vanilla especially as the rules were not clear at all back then (or rather did not exist)

Oh, I don’t disagree with that. I just found it odd that he felt the need to mention it. For the record, I don’t think he’s scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

the dayvig was a joke.

Nat had the same idea. Back when this rule was still in effect...

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You may still talk to people not in the game about the game

he had a little chat with me about stuff to also talk me into signing up, haha

which makes me believe he really is town, cause pretending to be town and trying to look all interested and analytical already even outside the game seems a bit much even for him. I think if he was scum he woulda just told me all about his awesome scum plans for fun, and NOT pointed out that I could sign up :cheeky:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Nat had the same idea. Back when this rule was still in effect...

he had a little chat with me about stuff to also talk me into signing up, haha

which makes me believe he really is town, cause pretending to be town and trying to look all interested and analytical already even outside the game seems a bit much even for him. I think if he was scum he woulda just told me all about his awesome scum plans for fun, and NOT pointed out that I could sign up :cheeky:

I agree with this!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I think b- rushing the vote is far more suspicious than analyzing people's word choices and assuming there's some fool-proof tell in there.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

didn't someone else claim to no longer be vanilla too? At the time I thought maybe old people get powered up or fleshed out as new people arrive, but then that was proven wrong with the big hunt for power roles.

oh, it was you. And now it sounds like a joke nvm

Sal did claim to be vanilla though:

Which might be kinda suss since we weren't actually spelled out as vanilla town, just town. Not exactly a gotcha here, though

Ya you are right, it just says Town, no special abilities = vanilla, thus I said Vanilla Town. My role PM literally just says "Town"

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CLARIFICATION: Voting is not unlocked

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes exactly what Hal said.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

Oh God we should've listened to B- and voted someone. ##vote SaltheBard

I find it really really unlikely scum Sal makes this post.

I do think that one of B- / Sal / Rex / Nat20 is scum, in order of most to least likely scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I find it really really unlikely scum Sal makes this post.

I do think that one of B- / Sal / Rex / Nat20 is scum, in order of most to least likely scum.

Yes I agree the game probably started with a scum. Good call!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I do think that one of B- / Rex / Sal / Nat20 is scum, in order of most to least likely scum.

Mafia edit :350:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

CLARIFICATION: Voting is not unlocked

:eng99:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes I agree the game probably started with a scum. Good call!

Who you thinking and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Minus town.

He said town in T/D.

• Locked thread