Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I know, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

But can this old dog get you lynched? Stay tuned.

Thrilling!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
whoops i missed this hal post:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't agree with the Asiina part (especially the interactions with Keane bit, none of that seems like a bus to me) but why don't YOU like it?

well i believe asiina and don't think she's scum. anon's case for scum asiina implies that he thinks keane is also scum. but he hasn't voted for anyone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
B-, what do you think of Hal?
Keane, what do you think of Hal?
Asiina, what do you think of Hal?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

You case about his day one posting is good and I can see it. I disagree on day two.

I don't think Hal is worse than B-, who I am looking at now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

what a strange response

huh? mona never said anything about being jailed.

b-minus1 posted:

Where did jailer even come from? Mona didn't say he was jailed, he said he was roleblocked. I'm pretty sure there's a difference (ex you were role blocked vs your action failed because you were jailed, or something like that)

b-minus1 posted:

That's not true. Her post never implied that there was a jailer. I read it as asiina trying to make sense of mona's apparent roleblock. What else is there for her to clarify? And we still haven't heard from mona

B-'s post history is very sparse - notably so, and I think these three posts don't work together. B- is at first confused as to where Asiina got jailer from, and then is saying that Asiina is trying to make sense of mona's roleblock. I dunno, this feels off to me.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
B- this is not the first game we've played together. I'm a :shlick:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
That's not the best emote but it was between that or :btroll:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Are you going to place your vote, Anon? WHO YA GOT

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

CCKeane (3): Asiina, merk, b-minus1, Dancer, merk, merk, merk
Asiina (2): merk, CCKeane, Retro Futurist, merk
Hal Incandenza (1): merk
merk (1): Captain Foo, Dancer, Dancer

Not Voting (5): AnonymousNarcotics, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, Moatillata, Monathin

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 26th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 31 minutes.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote keane

A. Super serious post early in jokephase is unlike town keane
B. Super early unprompted role claim is very scum Keane. He just did the same thing in that other game and he rode his fake cop claim to the very loving end even though he was caught in lies. He's using this claim to stay alive. I believe it is a fake claim.

I'm going to sleep now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Keane, buddy, I'm doing a read, and I'm starting to think that... you might be scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

##vote keane

A. Super serious post early in jokephase is unlike town keane
B. Super early unprompted role claim is very scum Keane. He just did the same thing in that other game and he rode his fake cop claim to the very loving end even though he was caught in lies. He's using this claim to stay alive. I believe it is a fake claim.

I'm going to sleep now.

Yeah his claim is real bad. What do you think of Hal?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

Keane, buddy, I'm doing a read, and I'm starting to think that... you might be scum.

I'm glad you're keeping your record intact, my friend.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Welp, we have limited time left so:

-Anon
-B-Minus
-Merk
-Asiina
-Dancer

Think there's 2 scum somewhere in there.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

I'm glad you're keeping your record intact, my friend.

I didn't think you were scum for the last two games, I need to redeem myself.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote Keane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

I didn't think you were scum for the last two games, I need to redeem myself.

Not this time, I'm sorry to say.

You'll catch me some day, Mona. You'll catch the nefarious trickster Keane.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Especially B- and Anon...BEWARE I SAY!

HEED MY WARNINGS!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Especially B- and Anon...BEWARE I SAY!

HEED MY WARNINGS!

Dammit, Keane. One of these days.

##vote Keane

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

CCKeane posted:

B-'s post history is very sparse - notably so, and I think these three posts don't work together. B- is at first confused as to where Asiina got jailer from, and then is saying that Asiina is trying to make sense of mona's roleblock. I dunno, this feels off to me.

Uh yes? that is what I said. How exactly does that feel “off”?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok

##vote Keane

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

:redhammer:

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Final Votecount for Day 2

CCKeane (7): Asiina, merk, b-minus1, Dancer, merk, merk, merk, AnonymousNarcotics, Dick Bastardly, Monathin, merk
Asiina (2): merk, CCKeane, Retro Futurist, merk
merk (1): Captain Foo, Dancer, Dancer
Hal Incandenza (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, Moatillata

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute.

~~~

Neil pulls the gray sedan into his driveway and gets out. He had just surveyed the scene of the upcoming heist one last time and everything is in order. As he raises his keys to the lock on his front door, he stops abruptly, and silently crouches.

Something is not right.

Moving quickly, he darts around the side of his house and peers through the window into his entryway. A large figure is waiting in the dark, watching the front door intently. Neil hasn't been seen but he knows he has very little time. He grabs a ten pound rock from his landscaping and returns to his front door. He heaves the rock into the air over his fence and quickly moves to unlock his front door. The rock makes a loud splash in his swimming pool just as he turns the lock and throws open the door.

The intruder is caught off guard, looking over his shoulder towards the pool. Neil crashes into him and kicks him in the stomach. He grabs him by the hair and throws him to the ground. It's one of Van Zant's goons. He must have gotten tipped off about the heist. Neil unfastens his belt and slips it around Hugh's neck in a quick motion. Moments later, Hugh is dead. The ripples in the pool haven't yet had a chance to subside.

CCKeane, Hugh, Criminal Tracker has been strangled on Day 2!

It is now Night 2. Get those actions in! The first heist is in progress tonight. The heist team and heist result will be announced in the morning.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

The driver of the armored car dabs the brakes and the fifteen ton truck slowly obliges as it rolls to a halt.  The driver peers ahead at the ambulance blocking the road, and is completely unaware of the massive 100 ton wrecker speeding towards him.  The resulting T-bone collision rolls the armored truck on its side like a child's toy.  

Neil and his crew spring from the ambulance and take their positions.  A shaped charge is wired to the door as the others stand guard.  The blast shatters the car windows at a used car dealership across the street, and less than a minute after the collision, the robbers are pulling the dazed guards from the back of the truck.  

Minutes later the crew has the loot they were looking for and is preparing to escape.  But then three police cars careen around the corner, sirens blaring.  They are early!  Did someone tip them off?  The crew ditches the ambulance and piles into a large sedan, peeling away just as the police cars run over the spike strips the crew laid down, shredding their tires.  A detective leaps out of his car and opens fire at the escaping car with a large rifle.  A lucky shot shatters the rear window and strikes the driver, Donald, in the head!  Fortunately, Neil grabs the wheel and manages to get the car under control from the dead driver. The police have no way to chase and are forced to watch the car disappear into the distance.

The heist has succeeded!

merk, Donald, Vanilla Criminal has been killed Night 2!

The heist leader was: Dick Bastardly. His chosen team was:
Monathin, Retro Futurist, and Dancer.

The second heist leader has been notified via PM.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, b-minus1, Captain Foo, Dancer, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, Moatillata, Monathin, Retro Futurist

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 29th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I've set a Friday deadline, which is not ideal so plan accordingly. If the thread opened earlier I would have done Thursday but thats a short game day.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm inclined to believe Mona had a hand in helping us escape with the goods. I am a little less confident about either RF or Dancer but not both.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm inclined to believe Mona had a hand in helping us escape with the goods. I am a little less confident about either RF or Dancer but not both.

Can you check the timestamps in your PM and point out to us exactly when you submitted your team? It's not great info, but it might be good to have.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And, for the record, "RF xor Dancer is scummy" seems like a strange statement. Care to elaborate how you got there? I'm not accusing, just asking for clarification.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Who are your towniest towns?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Glad someone picked up on my information. RIP Merk, though.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Some not-thorough and possibly scattered, and possibly entirely useless thoughts on heists and the statistics thereof:

Let's assume 3 scum in the game (as said before: my last game was 3 scum out of 13 players, and in this game we're 14... but my gut says 4 scum out of 14 also isn't overpowered? I don't know for sure). We had 12 alive. That means 27 "chances" of town heist leader, and 6 for scum. 27/33 = 9/11 = 82% of town leader. With 4 scum it becomes 24/32 = 75%.

If a scum is selected as leader, it's (IMO) likely they will select 3 townies to maximize chances of success, expecting a nice reward. Heist success chance will have been 50% (given that noone on the heist died). Scum are also unlikely to want to lynch someone on the heist, so maybe it's suggestive that that didn't happen. Then again, even if it does happen, scum will most likely have figured out this logic, so wifom. At this point, I'm tempted to believe they'd just go for the heist success.

If a townie is selected as leader, assuming random selection:
with 3 scum it's:
56/165 = 34% all town team, with 75% success rate
84/165 = 51% 1 scum on team, with 50% success rate
24/165 = 14.5% 2 scum on team, with 25% success rate
1/165 = 0.5% 3 scum on team, with 0 success rate
Total heist success rate: 84/165 = 51%. Surprisingly close to 50%.

with 4 scum:
35/165 = 21% all town team, with 75% success rate
84/165 = 51% 1 scum on team, with 50% success rate
42/165 = 25.5% 2 scum on team, with 25% success rate
4/165 = 2.5% 3 scum on team, with 0 success rate
Total heist success: 78.75/165 = 48% success rate. Still very close to 50%

Is this useful? Probably not lol.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:ghost: go crime!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
actually, I still believe in my RF read so now I'm thinking (and this is purely on "heist flavor" and Dancer's interest in the minutia of the heist details) that maybe Dancer could be why "the cops showed early" during the heist.

It is possible that the details and flavor are arbitrary and I'm just thinking too hard about it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Moatillata posted:

Who are your towniest towns?

I'm thinking RF and Mona are my favorites for town. Everyone else is in the grey area of uncertainty.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I haven't even begun to think about the implications of a merk NK yet, and I'm drinking heavily atm, so don't expect any revelations any time soon,

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

Dancer's interest in the minutia of the heist details

The heist is a potential source of information. The rules of the heist are different depending on whether the people in it are scum or town. Ergo there's a chance it can help us figure things out. Of course I'm interested.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dancer posted:

The heist is a potential source of information. The rules of the heist are different depending on whether the people in it are scum or town. Ergo there's a chance it can help us figure things out. Of course I'm interested.

I'm not sure that the timestamp has any relevance to the outcome, thus I am now slightly sus of you. I do believe one of the three of you were not acting in the interest of us criminals. However this is based of flavor so... *shrug*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm not sure that the timestamp has any relevance to the outcome, thus I am now slightly sus of you.

It has no relevance to the outcome, but it tells us what information you had when you made your decision.

• Locked thread