Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I like how even when doing the Cure Ace thing, Emiru is still shorter than Lulu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

nielsm posted:

I am hyped.

Detroit: Become Precure :v:.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 12, 2018

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

Detroit: Become Precure.

no

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

David Cage wishes his robot story was 1/10th as good as Precure

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Watching a bit more of PGSM I take back what I said about the Luna doll since in retrospect, trying to get a real cat to do half the stuff they needed would have been an absolute nightmare for the production staff. Not to mention the inherent problems with bringing a live animal into a public building for filming.

It's kind of too bad they didn't cover the rest of the series to be honest as it might have been interesting to see. Not sure how they would have handled Chibi Moon though as you can't really have a little kid performing their own stunts. The whole gimmick of Uranus trying to pass herself off as a man might not have worked that well either.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Yup it's better than I remembered it.

I originally fell off Princess Precure at episode 5, but the new release is as good a reason as any to start back up.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Precure, are any of the crossover movies particularly worth watching?

As far as my personal watch goes I just started Smile. So far I can say that Akane is the best (and probably my favorite overall so far aside from Nagisa from the original) and I kind of like the villain designs. Does the show stay pretty decent throughout or does it start to fall apart eventually?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Smile is good, and never gets bad, per se, it just never really amps things up. It's stuck in this weird kind of homeostasis due to the plot mostly staying the same and being extremely episodic. They get to a climax half way through, and then literally reset the clock to keep the status quo for another half of the series.

Most episodes are entertaining on their own and there's some solid character work, it's just pretty static. Pierrot is very much a nothing bad guy, though.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
I feel like as long as you enjoy the goofy chemistry between the idiot villain trio, you're generally going to have a good time with Smile.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The All Stars films are a mixed bag quality wise, the first and third are fun movies but not too deep. Last years crossover was quite good cause they cut the Precure cast down to 3 series which helped a lot. Rest range from watchable to kinda of bleah, except All stars 2 which I will forever dislike for how it treats Michiru and Karou

Smile is very good and has some great episodes but the tone shift for the mid-season and late season climax is huge whiplash tone wise compared to every other Precure series ever and doesn't really fit the series as a whole.

Also it tries to redo a few Yes Precure 5 plots and doesn't quite do them as well as Yes does Bad End Precure are nowhere near as good as Dark Dream was But than the Reika focused episode is probably one of the best just cause Reika beats Joker up way better than Batman ever could

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This weeks Precure managed to be Symphogear and Futari Wa in the same episode

Edit: Itaoka henshin
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1008142988919308289

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 17, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ive always measured an henshin sequences worth in how much they gently caress up youtube encoder and how gay they are. And that scored 11/10 on both.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

HUGtto is pretty drat sure to get a spot on my AOTY list after the most recent episodes. It's kicked most other animes way down on my "most looking forward to each week" list.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Precure stream today! Catching up on last week that we missed and then getting ready for the thing we've all been waiting for! 7 PM CST https://cytu.be/r/synchrogazer

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm so ready

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

A Huggto Precure story in 4 panels

https://twitter.com/yzk_sf_1111/status/1008705442900410369

Emiru and Ruru are the best

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so public service announcement:

Please avoid any anime websites, the Precure tumblr tag, twitter, or anywhere else you think might spoil you until you see the new episode.

That is all. Thank you.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's too late for me

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I was lucky to watch the live stream raw so I could get avoid spoilers

God drat Toei managed to pull of a surprise at the end huh

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
You made me too curious and I looked it up :aaaaa:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I have no idea where they're going with this, but they already opened the time travel jar, so anything is possible.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I love this show

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Back when we had the first new cure leaks I thought we wouldn't have any surprises. Instead we get the most amount of surprises I've seen for a Precure or kids show. Amazing

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The real mystery is how Toei managed to keep their gob shut about all of this when usually they spoil stuff like this weeks to month in advance and plastered all over magazines.

I wonder if we'll see any other Precure show up. It'd be nice to see Emiru bond with the Suite girls over music.

Also where the hell is Hikari? Nagisa and Honoka are in their Max Heart designs and if they're transformed that means they were already in battle. Did they leave her back in 2005 to fight alone?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nodosaur posted:

The real mystery is how Toei managed to keep their gob shut about all of this when usually they spoil stuff like this weeks to month in advance and plastered all over magazines.

I wonder if we'll see any other Precure show up. It'd be nice to see Emiru bond with the Suite girls over music.

Also where the hell is Hikari? Nagisa and Honoka are in their Max Heart designs and if they're transformed that means they were already in battle. Did they leave her back in 2005 to fight alone?

They fooled us all by covering it up with the new All Stars movie clearly.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So is this the first time we've had a previous Cure actually show up in a different series outside of the All-Stars films?

That said, I kind of hope more show up eventually and this winds up being the Precure equivalent of Kamen Rider Decade/Gokaiger/Ultraman Mebius.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 24, 2018

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mirai, Riko, and Haa-chan are in the Kirakira movie, which is explicitly canon to its series.

Oddly enough they're still kids, so who knows what's going on there

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

Usually Toei has to put stuff for Precure/Rider/Sentai in magazines months in advance cause they need to sell the mid-season toys. Luckily for Huggto! Cure Black and Cure White appearing in toy mags just appeared as 15 anniversary merchandise not as a sign they'd appear in the show itself

We also had Cure Whip appear in the final episode of Maho and Cure Yell appear in the final episode of Kira, the Cure Yell appearance probably done through Hugtan's time travel powers or something [/spoilers]

[spoilers] I don't think anyone cares enough about Shiny Luminous to worry if she''s fighting something back in the past

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Precure at like 8:10 CST tonight (40~ minutes from now)! https://cytu.be/r/synchrogazer

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This, too, is Decade’s fault.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

While I'm not sure if this is the direction they'll be going from here, a legacy Precure series could possibly work. Not sure if you could pull off the "transform into previous warriors" gimmick in a series like this but having former Cures show up to lend a hand/pass on advice to the protagonists could be cool and you could have little tribute arcs/episodes for each respective series. You could even have one of the main heroines be a huge Precure fangirl or something (though I seem to remember something like that being done before but I forget which series it was).

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Well, between Digimon Xross Wars 2 and Sailor Moon Crystal they at least have a very clear blueprint for a anniversary series with the words “DO NOT DO THIS!!!” scribbled all over it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Precure fall film trailer get hype

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1011735101242159104

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I'm curious if this means that the girls from Futari Wa showing up in Hugtto is just a short little arc to promote the movie or if Nagisa and Honoka are actually going to be sticking around for a while.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean, it feels kind of odd to promote the movie five months in advance. Usually, Toei's tie ins for this stuff are more contemporary.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

No Cure Mofurun in trailer but this is just as good

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

I mean, it feels kind of odd to promote the movie five months in advance. Usually, Toei's tie ins for this stuff are more contemporary.

True, though the fact that they're just there with the Hugtto group in the trailer could indicate that the original two will be sticking around in the series for a little while. Not sure if that's the case but having the oldest and youngest Cures working together could be interesting to see.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Given nobody else mentioned it - The sequel Season of Yuki Yuna definitely starts out having Being Meguca a thing, but oh gosh, the ending of it all is one of my favorite things in any series ever.

Then again YuYuYu is now one of my favorite things period

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Needless to say but, THAT WAS AWESOME!

ARIENAI! -- MECHOKKU! -- ARIENAI! -- MECHOKKU!
A bit of a shame they were sent home again already.

also all 5 transformation cut

When the ending started I unconsciously begin clapping along.