Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Well, everyone else at this club already abandoned us in favor of hasty toilet sex, so I might as well take a shot at her.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

"Miner’s Mint Beard Oil is an all-natural, hand crafted beard oil with a substantial musky, masculine aroma with hints of refreshing spearmint and sweet, heady bourbon. One of our most popular fragrances, that harkens back to more traditional men’s cologne, without the chemicals. It softens and moisturizes your beard, and helps make your beard more manageable. Jojoba and argan also moisturize the skin beneath your beard to prevent and repair itchy, flakey skin."

to me this is unspeakably badas s

content:

This guy reminds me of the goon with the pic of himself and like labels on his set up or whatever. I think he had a nasa janitor tshirt on

My In-Car Kit

As far as I can tell it just got upvoted to the front page on its own merit and not as part of a larger context. Probably the best part to me is the plenty of comments pointing out he's forgotten like spare socks, boxers, and clothes but has a gun.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The real crime here is his carpet.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

The real crime here is his carpet.

You’re not wrong. Also where do these people live that they need all that? Car kit? Looks more like kidnap/rape kit to me.

And that ‘get home bag’. Home from where? It’s like an agents bag from The Division or something. gently caress me.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

EmmyOk posted:

"Miner’s Mint Beard Oil is an all-natural, hand crafted beard oil with a substantial musky, masculine aroma with hints of refreshing spearmint and sweet, heady bourbon.

So you smell like you're covering up your drinking by chewing gum? :shlick:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

lofi posted:

So you smell like you're covering up your drinking by chewing gum? :shlick:

lovely product. real men dont hide their crippling alcoholism

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

monkeytennis posted:

You’re not wrong. Also where do these people live that they need all that? Car kit? Looks more like kidnap/rape kit to me.

And that ‘get home bag’. Home from where? It’s like an agents bag from The Division or something. gently caress me.

Yeah it's completely divorced from context so it's like wth is all this for? TBH he sounds like a loser who works in an office and is prepping for a zombie apocalypse

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Like the open carry janitor.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

TBH he sounds like a loser who works in an office and is prepping for a zombie apocalypse

The entire “prepping” scene consists of pudgy white guys in IT jobs who fantasize about society collapsing so they can enact their fantasies about killing zombies/poors/brown people.

Mad props to all the “tactical” gear suppliers for figuring out how to turn middle-class anxiety into loads of cash. These people will buy literal scrap metal as long as it’s painted black and sold as a “tactical stealth EDC tool”.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

EmmyOk posted:

My In-Car Kit

As far as I can tell it just got upvoted to the front page on its own merit and not as part of a larger context. Probably the best part to me is the plenty of comments pointing out he's forgotten like spare socks, boxers, and clothes but has a gun.

If you have a gun you can get new clothes.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I think the 'get home' thing is a reference to https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17085384-going-home
which is a loving hilarious read (and the audiobook is amazing).

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

monkeytennis posted:

Imagine how many knives he has at home if he has 9 in his "get home bag"

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Google image searching 'everyday carry" is a fascinating glimpse into the pockets of paranoid white people. So many "field notes". Sooooooooooo many glocks.
A "tactical pen" may be the handiest thing ever made but I'll never know, because on principle, i'm not going to own something called a "tactical pen". Also here's a fun game: Count how many items in those piles of matte black painted objects have actual wear on them from being used. Or how many of those tanto blade knives have marks from being sharpened and kept sharp.

My favorite i've seen was some guy including a sling he made to keep in his bag (without ammo for it because he'd "just use rocks") in case he ever got stranded and needed to hunt his supper. Not a slingshot, a sling. What David slew Goliath with.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
No EDC is complete without a NASA polo :colbert:

Edit: unrelated crosspostin’

Bobby Digital has a new favorite as of 23:50 on Jun 26, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I have a tactical pencil. It can double up as vampire stake or emergency firewood.

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knMtRf2Vx7o&t=167s
:allears:

lofi has a new favorite as of 00:12 on Jun 27, 2018

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My favorite i've seen was some guy including a sling he made to keep in his bag (without ammo for it because he'd "just use rocks") in case he ever got stranded and needed to hunt his supper. Not a slingshot, a sling. What David slew Goliath with.

Presumably he was well-trained with the sling.

lmao

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

you can make a sling from a shoe in about a minute. ffs, that's not tactical thinking at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWWCBbkvq2Y

Is Tactical / Matte Black the new Steampunk / Brown with Cogs?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Trabant posted:

Trap sprung (?) but finding a good beard oil really made a difference during the months I grow a beard. I'd genuinely recommend trying it at least once.

I know I keep owning myself in this thread, but pure argan oil is half the price of that, does all of the same poo poo except make your beard stink.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Or how many of those tanto blade knives have marks from being sharpened and kept sharp.

A knife you sharpen yourself shouldn't have marks since you tape off the part you're not sharpening. :colbert:

Only edc that seemed sensible was Adam Savage's no knife, mostly just a flashlight, a pen, and a pocketbook for notes and quick diagrams. The edc community can gently caress off though. Google occasionally recommends me posts from r/edc and ignoring the fact that there's always one or more handguns, there's also apparently loads of teenaged boys who walk around with $120+ pocket knives every day.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Everything about this screams: "i wish to pull a zimmerman at some point."

Poops Mcgoots posted:

A knife you sharpen yourself shouldn't have marks since you tape off the part you're not sharpening. :colbert:
Is this a thing? Am i the outlier for not knowing it? And why bother since using the thing is going to mar the fancy finish anyways?

Interest of fairness and all, feel free to psycho analyze the contents of my purse.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
lmao jfc the slave Leia family keychain portrait really fuckin makes that picture complete.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Can we have a PYF Tacticool thread? Or even a GBS one

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Is this a thing? Am i the outlier for not knowing it? And why bother since using the thing is going to mar the fancy finish anyways?

Interest of fairness and all, feel free to psycho analyze the contents of my purse.

I'm mostly just paranoid cause there's some scuffs on the bevel of one of my knives from when I was first learning to sharpen. If you freehand it, then it probably shouldn't be a concern at all.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

TotalLossBrain posted:

lmao jfc the slave Leia family keychain portrait really fuckin makes that picture complete.

She was my hero as a little kid :)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Heath posted:

Can we have a PYF Tacticool thread? Or even a GBS one

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861471

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Bless you, friend.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

*nods respectfully in your direction* :hai:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Google image searching 'everyday carry" is a fascinating glimpse into the pockets of paranoid white people. So many "field notes". Sooooooooooo many glocks.
A "tactical pen" may be the handiest thing ever made but I'll never know, because on principle, i'm not going to own something called a "tactical pen". Also here's a fun game: Count how many items in those piles of matte black painted objects have actual wear on them from being used. Or how many of those tanto blade knives have marks from being sharpened and kept sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12cFyTOypVc

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

This guy likes to recite that one part of the Oath of Allegiance, emphasizing "against all enemies, foreign and domestic" while looking around knowingly.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Old style slings are kinda fun in their own right. Use to chuck apples across my high school campus with them.

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent

Barry Bluejeans posted:

lovely product. real men dont hide their crippling alcoholism

As someone who has used beard oil off and on I can assure you that I don't hide my crippling alcoholism at all

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

wring out the beard every so often and you get mash whiskey with a nice oily sheen on top

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Old style slings are kinda fun in their own right. Use to chuck apples across my high school campus with them.

Brb teaching myself to launch apples using my bra as a sling.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Crackhead Willie Nelson?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I’m the belt Tactical Pants Deployment Suspension System.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
TACTICAL PENNIES

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Does he carry the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution as well?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDE1AxvOeAE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Screaming Idiot posted:

TACTICAL PENNIES

Well he needs ammo for his sling made from the empty med bag or maybe the belt? Or maybe they’re backup screwdrivers?

I wonder if the “in memory of our...” bracelet is marketed to also cure nausea.