Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Natural 20 posted:

Minus town.

He said town in T/D.

I did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Natural 20 posted:

Minus town.

He said town in T/D.

If I was scum, I would say town in T/D.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Like the whole idea of being scum is lying to get away with murder, lol at the idea that scum would hold t/d sacred.

(I've been arguing this point for years but it's never actually come up in a game I've been in, nice)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hah, I'm giggling at my own post/av combo.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
btw I have no idea what nat20 is talking about

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What does T/D mean?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Truth or Dare

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1 posted:

btw I have no idea what nat20 is talking about

Oh I got confused.

You're town because you explicitly asked Sal if he was town and got suspicious on the vanilla variant iirc?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Murmur Twin posted:

Like the whole idea of being scum is lying to get away with murder, lol at the idea that scum would hold t/d sacred.

(I've been arguing this point for years but it's never actually come up in a game I've been in, nice)

IT IS SACRED WITHIN THE LAWS OF MAFIA AND THIS IS WHY IT IS BANNED.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ya fair. We (apparently) can't vote anyone today. I misspoke when I said "Vanilla Town" but to be fair a one word PM that says Town with no other abilities could be inferred as vanilla town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal just agreeing with me? that's gotta be scum

out of the initial 4 though, I think Rex is the most suspicious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Natural 20 posted:

Oh I got confused.

You're town because you explicitly asked Sal if he was town and got suspicious on the vanilla variant iirc?

That makes him town?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Hal just agreeing with me? that's gotta be scum

out of the initial 4 though, I think Rex is the most suspicious.

Ha I think in general I mostly agree with you I just don't always agree with your methods!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Hal Incandenza posted:

That makes him town?

Yes.

It means he was probably fishing for the individual word as a response which means he had strong reason to believe that town had got a single word.

A scum player could infer that reasonably but it was too fast imo.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Yes.

It means he was probably fishing for the individual word as a response which means he had strong reason to believe that town had got a single word.

A scum player could infer that reasonably but it was too fast imo.

well, it was stated explicitly by MMM at one point, that he'd give you a one word PM, town or scum. But I didn't expect everyone to actually pay close attention to that, especially with all the cool puzzle things around to distract people.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

MECHANIC UNLOCKED: Roles

[i]You will receive a PM saying "town" or "scum"

I didn't catch that at the time!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

well, it was stated explicitly by MMM at one point, that he'd give you a one word PM, town or scum. But I didn't expect everyone to actually pay close attention to that, especially with all the cool puzzle things around to distract people.

Nobody thought this was a serious game when it started though. I never actually read much of it.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
72 posts??? I was only gone a few hours!!

Murmur Twin posted:

Oooh can I join?

we could use a Dealer

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

So what I'm being told is that we cannot even vote on lynching any of the creepy images in the photos...

Well I know what I'm gonna be doing for the rest of the night

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I really think we should be focusing at this point at looking at the image that we have yet to solve. I've posted my thoughts earlier.

I just went over the picture again at like 400% zoom. The only thing that I even came close to seeing was the below which I'm not even sure if it is anything at all but wahey posting it anyway.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Flying Leatherman posted:

I really think we should be focusing at this point at looking at the image that we have yet to solve. I've posted my thoughts earlier.

I just went over the picture again at like 400% zoom. The only thing that I even came close to seeing was the below which I'm not even sure if it is anything at all but wahey posting it anyway.

which image are you even talking about

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sup GX, we still can't vote but now that the game has some bit of actual structure, are you hoping to vote Nat for real or what

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bifauxnen posted:

sup GX, we still can't vote but now that the game has some bit of actual structure, are you hoping to vote Nat for real or what

His hoarding of roles and attempt to dole them out is very Nat 20, and in the abstract, that obviously means scum.

His earnestness and lack of buddying up solely to you during it makes me think he's trying to be actively +ev, however, so I guess I have a town read on him inasmuch as such a thing is possible to have in this game

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

so no I'm not going to vote for him for real, assuming such a function ever unlocks

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

GeneX posted:

which image are you even talking about

It's the one with the chair and the guard.

this one

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Flying Leatherman posted:

It's the one with the chair and the guard.

this one

Alright -

I've tried to render this picture in 3d. To see if the squiggle in the chair takes a more meaningful shape when seen from a different angle. No dice.

I've filled in the like colored negative space in the white wall. Really cool effect but, nothing revealed.

I've finished writing the half written letters in the poem. And while I noticed that two lines have their top halfs missing and two lines have their bottom halfs missing, it doesn't seem like they line up to make anything new.

I put the image in a photo editor and pushed the contrast way up. No hidden symbols. I ran it through some filters after that, still no hidden symbols.

I think the key to solving this one is in the text itself. The phrase "Feel all the bits" strikes me as off. Bits isn't quite right. There's a dozen words he could have used to suggest "Parts of a chair". Bits is one of the least eloquent, which hasn't been MMM's style so far. It also isn't necessary for the rhyme scheme. Repetition of "Feel" in the third and fourth line also strikes me as off. I think both of these parts are included in the poem as double-entendre or hints to the solution. Which is what got me thinking of tactile solutions (3D, contrast, filters) and solutions involving parts or bits (completing the other halfs of letters, isolating like-colored parts of the picture).

Anyone else have a notion how we can "Feel All The Bits?" of a flat, black and white digital image?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I still got no idea about any of these puzzles, I just got lucky when the sheet came out that something was real easy to find using version history.

but it seems nuts that we got people putting in this level of effort and they managed to unlock day/night, nightkills, and SK but no votes.

maybe it's an intentionally delayed thing so it's like we get a night zero, and we'll just get votes automatically tomorrow, but if not I'm gonna be giving Rex and FL some major stinkeye here

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

I still got no idea about any of these puzzles, I just got lucky when the sheet came out that something was real easy to find using version history.

but it seems nuts that we got people putting in this level of effort and they managed to unlock day/night, nightkills, and SK but no votes.

maybe it's an intentionally delayed thing so it's like we get a night zero, and we'll just get votes automatically tomorrow, but if not I'm gonna be giving Rex and FL some major stinkeye here

i don't think it's going to be automatic, and i think that it's tied to this image as this is the only one that we haven't solved anything about

unfortunately, i really have no idea where to go with this one; there just...isn't anything that I can find in the image.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Night falls, good luck.

If you have a night action, send it to me in the next 12 hours. If all night actions are in early, the thread might open an hour or two early.

E: consider sending me the actions on discord, if you have me there

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Day Two

Jonathan Fisk was killed. He was a town roleblocker.

Bifauxnen was killed. She was a scum watcher.

36 hours until night.

There are still some things I'm getting around to, if you're waiting for an action resolution or a question to be answered, please be patient while I go through my list. Otherwise, talk freely.

Rule Unlocked: Do not talk to dead players about the game. Even if you're the same alignment.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 27, 2018

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Jfc do we still not have voting.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It would've been pretty cool if "Vote" fulfilled the rules for that 4-letter code in the spreadsheet, but alas it doesn't. I've decided to make some steps to brute-force it. Only 625 possible words :v: .

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hmm scum watcher 🤔

Dancer
May 23, 2011
According to this thing (http://www.easydefine.com/), and assuming I haven't made any typos, there are 5 words that fulfill the imposed conditions:
clip
girl
howl
stud
styx

I haven't yet figured out what to do with them.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dancer posted:

According to this thing (http://www.easydefine.com/), and assuming I haven't made any typos, there are 5 words that fulfill the imposed conditions:
clip
girl
howl
stud
styx

I haven't yet figured out what to do with them.

Let's see if this helps:

##Hint

(i hope i did this right)

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Let's see if this helps:

##Hint

(i hope i did this right)

:f5:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dancer posted:

It would've been pretty cool if "Vote" fulfilled the rules for that 4-letter code in the spreadsheet, but alas it doesn't. I've decided to make some steps to brute-force it. Only 625 possible words :v: .

Oh I already solved it all.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

##vote Nat20

(yes I know we don't have voting. It's for catharsis)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Two unsolved sheet cards
One image not solved
One image not found
Check image edges closely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

Sorry yeah, I unlocked around 5 of the roles yesterday. I picked up Jailer, but didn't mention it until today so that I could hopefully dodge the NK last night and self protect today.

I honestly thought Bif was town because we had a pregame agreement that we'd reveal our alignments to each other via code if either of us drew scum/became a serial killer. I tried to give her the roleblocker role.

You can test that by going to tinyurl.com/mafergie which is a translation of the code I sent her using a cipher that is her letter to me at the end of Shine V.

Additionally I tried to give MMT the doctor role. tinyurl.com/salthebard (the person I made her betray in FSN mafia)

Anyway, since there are still some secrets hidden in the spreadsheet, presumably voting?

You can download the spreadsheet into excel and unhide the hidden tabs. That should give you some more ability to see the basis of what it does. It also gives the solutions I got:

Doctor, Question, Vig and Jailer. I additionally got Roleblocker, but not from that method.

• Locked thread