Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
What's your issue with a round, beautiful boy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

Parrotine posted:

Hatched nine alolan eggs in a row, eight of 'em were Meowths

Getting real tired of your poo poo Niantic

I've hatched 70 Alohan eggs

45 Alohan Meowths / 64.29%
13 Alohan Sandshrews / 18.57%
9 Alohan Grimers / 12.86%
3 Alohan Vulpix / 4.29%

I hate those smug loving cats.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I'm at 6 out of 6 Sandshrew... Seems like I'm defying the odds here.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

pod6isjerks posted:

I've hatched 70 Alohan eggs

I know I've sent a few your way but seventy? That's some going!

11 Meowth (55%)
5 Sandshrew (25%)
3 Grimer (15%)
1 Vulpix (5%)

Guess I've been lucky!

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

Sanford posted:

I know I've sent a few your way but seventy? That's some going!

I've been keeping those super incubators churning. Partly to chase those hatch IVs, and partly to keep my egg supply cleared out so I can level up those friendship levels for PokeGoon Fest 2019!!!!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I've hatched one.

It was Meowth.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Pez posted:

I've hatched one.

It was Meowth.

:same:

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Could use some friends 5799 6339 3939

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Wait. I think I had one of those lightbulb moments. Say I hatch some Alohan Pokemon from goons, from say Norway and Australia, and then if I trade those to people here where I live in the US, would that add to their pilot's badge? And mine too?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

pod6isjerks posted:

I've been keeping those super incubators churning. Partly to chase those hatch IVs, and partly to keep my egg supply cleared out so I can level up those friendship levels for PokeGoon Fest 2019!!!!

Oh poo poo, pokegoon fest

Sounds good

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cowslips Warren posted:

Wait. I think I had one of those lightbulb moments. Say I hatch some Alohan Pokemon from goons, from say Norway and Australia, and then if I trade those to people here where I live in the US, would that add to their pilot's badge? And mine too?

Yessir

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I need more egg space or I need to walk more. Come on Niantic we all know the second thing won't happen.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

tangy yet delightful posted:

I need more egg space or I need to walk more. Come on Niantic we all know the second thing won't happen.

Do the driving trick!!

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

I wonder what other non-legendaries they'll put in Field Research. I think Lapras is a strong contender, because she is another Poke that was hard to find, although I hear the water festival helped some people with that. Porygon would be very very welcome. I had 10 upgrades and no Porygon to use them on.

Not sure they would have gone with Snorlax without the legacy move, so I would guess other legacy moves people care about. I guess ice shard/ice beam Lapras is possible, but if they're willing to do evolved forms then likeliest is probably shadow claw Gengar (making my 98% one a lot less rare). The only one I personally need is rock throw Omastar, but I kind of doubt they'll do that after adventure week.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Are any of the alohan mons worthwhile for leveling up, or are they just funny looking?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Do the driving trick!!

Is there a trick beyond just going really slow in straight enough lines for the GPS to count it?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Is there a trick beyond just going really slow in straight enough lines for the GPS to count it?

Yeah I posted a few days ago. If you're going less than a mile to your destination , minimize the game , wait 8-9 minutes and open at destination and you'll get credit for the distance. I use it constantly when leaving my house and opening it at a light and it'll give me some kms, then from another light to where I park

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

NZAmoeba posted:

Are any of the alohan mons worthwhile for leveling up, or are they just funny looking?

mostly funny looking. I did see a raid with a lot of alolan exeggcutors and that was worth seeing. just a bunch of really tall trees smacking a legendary. I think that one is the closest to relevant for leveling.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Yeah I posted a few days ago. If you're going less than a mile to your destination , minimize the game , wait 8-9 minutes and open at destination and you'll get credit for the distance. I use it constantly when leaving my house and opening it at a light and it'll give me some kms, then from another light to where I park

Oh nice I'll try this out, thanks.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Oh nice I'll try this out, thanks.

Yea it doesn't track your speed when it's minimized, so if you keep it that way it'll update from old to last position within a rough window of time. I think it's technically ten minutes but try not to push it. And the speed limit is around 6mph which is one mile in said ten minutes. So I aim for a bit less than that. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but once you get the hang of it you can really add up the kms doing errands and commutes.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I added AZ to my buddy so hopefully it's easier for international goons to know when they're getting an international gift. Maybe we should have that be a rule?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I've hatched 2 alolan eggs, 1 meowth and 1 sandshrew. Good babies.

I'm happy with my meowth because I had a little gray cat that died.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I've hatched an alolan meowth, sandshrew, grimer and vulpix so far, is that basically all the available alolan forms?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Louisgod posted:

I've hatched an alolan meowth, sandshrew, grimer and vulpix so far, is that basically all the available alolan forms?

I think those four are all the ones that hatch from eggs, yes. You can also catch alolan ratatta in the wild.

I read two more are supposedly coming at GO fest, Geodude and Diglett. We'll see?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Psion posted:

I think those four are all the ones that hatch from eggs, yes. You can also catch alolan ratatta in the wild.

Sweet, just wanted to confirm I wasn't missing any of them. Guess I'm done at this point.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

I'm at 11 meowth and 2 Grimer so far. I just want 2 of each, then trade the rest for distance towards the medal.

Traded one of the eggs I got, and got 9000 km towards the distance medal.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
There still any services out there that can scan my guys and tell me exact IVs?

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

SuperKlaus posted:

There still any services out there that can scan my guys and tell me exact IVs?

Don't use anything that requires your login info. If you're on Android use Calcy IV. If you're on iPhone use PokeGenie.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I have one Vulpix from a hatch, and 53 candy, but it's got terrible IVs and I really want to keep a Ninetails to use everywhere because it's so pretty :negative:

Also Alolan Golem is good.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

There's a daily limit on opening gifts apparently and I just smashed right into it, good poo poo.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

LeafyOrb posted:

There's a daily limit on opening gifts apparently and I just smashed right into it, good poo poo.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN APP INTO MEMORY. ITS POKEMON GO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ASH. I DO EVERY THROW AND I DO EVERY THROW HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME GIFTS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP CURVEBALLS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY OPEN TWENTY GIFTS EVERY MORNING. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TRAINER FRIEND NAMES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

NZAmoeba posted:

IIRC their stats are the same as their regular counterparts, they just have different skins. So alolan exeggcute should still be good

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Going by the Gen 7 games, Alolan Muk (Poison/Dark) should be a good one. Only the one weakness in Ground, and being a slow hard-hitting tank should translate well to the Go stats system.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Away all Goats posted:

IIRC their stats are the same as their regular counterparts, they just have different skins. So alolan exeggcute should still be good

some of them have slightly different stats and elements. alolan exegg is dragon/grass and has 230 attack vs regular grass/psychic 233. Minor, but there. :shrug:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I'd argue ice/fairy instead of fire is a pretty big difference.

I took over my first gym! Me and someone else I couldn't see were grinding it down, and they managed to take it before me but for some reason only left an extremely baby abra. Like, 20 cp. So I kicked the baby in the face and dropped a 700 cp seviper in there to maybe give some other mystic people a chance to drop in better pokemon.

I am excited to get some pokecoins for this, since seviper hasn't come back yet I don't think. You do get an announcement when that happens, right?

EDIT: The gym is in a pretty high-traffic area so I have no illusions about keeping control of it if some other mystic players don't reinforce my hold fairly quickly, but it was still fun and I think I'm getting the hang of how battling works in this game.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

LeafyOrb posted:

It’s 20

Balk
Oct 15, 2011

PetraCore posted:

I'd argue ice/fairy instead of fire is a pretty big difference.

I took over my first gym! Me and someone else I couldn't see were grinding it down, and they managed to take it before me but for some reason only left an extremely baby abra. Like, 20 cp. So I kicked the baby in the face and dropped a 700 cp seviper in there to maybe give some other mystic people a chance to drop in better pokemon.

I am excited to get some pokecoins for this, since seviper hasn't come back yet I don't think. You do get an announcement when that happens, right?

EDIT: The gym is in a pretty high-traffic area so I have no illusions about keeping control of it if some other mystic players don't reinforce my hold fairly quickly, but it was still fun and I think I'm getting the hang of how battling works in this game.

You do get a notification like the ones about friends when that happens, yep. You’ll get 1 coin for every 10 minutes he stays in the gym (I think) and you can earn a maximum of 50 per day.

I usually drop weak stuff in gyms myself. I don’t like grinding down the Blissey/Snorlax/Slaking tag team that’s in every other gym and I don’t really want to inflict it on anyone else. Might as well make the lineup interesting.

Edit: While I’m here, have an EX raid trip report:
The rumored turbo nerd and his binder of phones never showed up, but we did get a pretty good turnout. 4 or 5 elementary schoolers, a larger group of older kids, me, another goony type, and a grandmother who started the game with her granddaughter and kept playing after the kid quit since it got her walking around more.

Maybe 16 people in all. Most had levels in the 20s but we took down Mewtwo no problem. I caught myself a 98% one! :woop:

The highlight of the raid was grandma getting down to her last ball, asking one of the kids for help, and the kid hitting an excellent curveball to catch it for her.

Balk fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 28, 2018

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Balk posted:

You do get a notification like the ones about friends when that happens, yep. You’ll get 1 coin for every 10 minutes he stays in the gym (I think) and you can earn a maximum of 50 per day.

I usually drop weak stuff in gyms myself. I don’t like grinding down the Blissey/Snorlax/Slaking tag team that’s in every other gym and I don’t really want to inflict it on anyone else. Might as well make the lineup interesting.

Edit: While I’m here, have an EX raid trip report:
The rumored turbo nerd and his binder of phones never showed up, but we did get a pretty good turnout. 4 or 5 elementary schoolers, a larger group of older kids, me, another goony type, and a grandmother who started the game with her granddaughter and kept playing after the kid quit since it got her walking around more.

Maybe 16 people in all. Most had levels in the 20s but we took down Mewtwo no problem. I caught myself a 98% one! :woop:

The highlight of the raid was grandma getting down to her last ball, asking one of the kids for help, and the kid hitting an excellent curveball to catch it for her.
Sounds fun!

Yeah, I'll probably throw in pokemon I like instead of just walls on gyms, but since I don't intend to buy pokecoins I'll need some way of getting fashionable. A couple people have put up bulkier pokemon into the gym I snagged so hopefully my snake friend will get me some good funds.

Most gyms I see tend to be team valor, which I guess makes sense but you'd think would also make things kind of boring if you were in valor.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Also, about how many pokeballs should I have for Articuno? I've got about 100 great balls right now, but I'm not sure if I should take a catching hiatus tomorrow to save up more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
That should be wayyyy more than enough.

• Locked thread