Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
Huh. Since opening excel files is really annoying with my set-up, I tried making a copy of the spreadsheet, but that failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Ok you got me, I'm in.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
One quick observation: The three people killed so far all come from the same "set" of players, with GeneX left over. There is some value to theory that each set contains 3 town + 1 scum, so that makes me lean town on her.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Natural 20 posted:

Oh I already solved it all.

I did you one better

Anyway, image thoughts I didn't post because the thread closed while I was writing said post:

There's the one line down the upper length of the door, and various scratches throughout the picture, also I think there's punctuation after "bits"

the steel legs could refer to the chair, the ironing board in the corner, or the man's legs; leather arms for the straps or, again, the man's arms

bits...well, I don't *think* the secret is the guy's dick

there's a bunch of scratches on the man himself, maybe someone with a more powerful photo editor than "nothing" should see if those form a pattern

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
15 posts?? Bunch of lurkers in this thread

bif scum? Execute nat20

gg ez

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m on my phone on a plane so I can’t post it or solve it but not sure if anyone has mentioned there is a hint pic in MMMs profile page

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

peramene posted:

15 posts?? Bunch of lurkers in this thread

bif scum? Execute nat20

gg ez

Did you even play soldiers.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

SOMEONE SOLVE THE THING!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The thing Hal pointed out has the text:

Work together, find rules
You can do it
Keep track of everybody
Every day [cannot read - maybe it's "every night"?]

lol

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
"check image edges closely"

there's a mouse here i think

is this a cartoon cat?

i may be seeing things on that cat face but look on the right side of the image

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
anonidiot you around

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Flying Leatherman posted:

"check image edges closely"

there's a mouse here i think

is this a cartoon cat?

i may be seeing things on that cat face but look on the right side of the image

mouse is definitely there, cartoon cat on the right of bottom image also checks out I guess, though that one's sketchy and I might only be seeing it because I'm searching for it

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I have to wonder if there's at least one scum in every group of four.

Also I'm here.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Err.... What I mean...
One scum in four.
Think Bifauxnen peaced out.
Unless Town has powers.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I have to wonder if there's at least one scum in every group of four.

Also I'm here.

excellent

##shoot AnAnonymousIdiot

Dancer
May 23, 2011

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Err.... What I mean...
One scum in four.
Think Bifauxnen peaced out.
Unless Town has powers.

Are you ignoring me :( ? How very mean of you. (also I remember someone suggesting this theory in the past, so it's absolutely not my original thought)

Dancer posted:

One quick observation: The three people killed so far all come from the same "set" of players, with GeneX left over. There is some value to theory that each set contains 3 town + 1 scum, so that makes me lean town on her.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

excellent

##shoot AnAnonymousIdiot

Anonymous Idiot has been shot. He was town.

Carry on.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

excellent

##shoot AnAnonymousIdiot

what

why

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
wel'p i was wrong

also apparently we still have not discovered the secret of this image, someone else should take a stab at it

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Dancer posted:

what

why

thought he was scum

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

So, you shot him instead of TNL who literally claimed scum under truth or dare?

I mean, what?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Yeah I'd probably be voting FL right now if I had the ability to.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

Did you even play soldiers.

no

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah I'd probably be voting FL right now if I had the ability to.

Hmm... even after you'd seen his flip?? Interesting

Jesus do you people ever stop posting

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'll tell you a secret about T/D.

It's sacred, once you lose the trust of T/D you lose the trust of all who view T/D as sacred.

Ninth is definitely scum, Nat20 and myself are definitely town.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

peramene posted:

Hmm... even after you'd seen his flip?? Interesting

Jesus do you people ever stop posting

Wait now I'm confused :ohdearsass: Whose flip?

50 pounds of bread posted:

I'll tell you a secret about T/D.

It's sacred, once you lose the trust of T/D you lose the trust of all who view T/D as sacred.

Ninth is definitely scum, Nat20 and myself are definitely town.

I love that you opened a speech about trust with "I'll tell you a secret..." :j:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

YOU WERE THERE.

YOU WERE IN THE BIF THREAD.

DON'T YOU loving GASLIGHT ME.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

I love that you opened a speech about trust with "I'll tell you a secret..." :j:

BERZERKER TALK GOOD

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Natural 20 posted:

YOU WERE THERE.

peramene posted:

Is anyone ever truly here?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
i don't believe in the sanctity of t/d in a mafia thread :shrug:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
clearly i didn't find the secret in the picture, someone else needs to take a stab at it or we;'re not gonna have votes for the rest of the game which would be, um, bad

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

i don't believe in the sanctity of t/d in a mafia thread :shrug:

Let me tell you a story young one.

A long time ago in an age of great darkness, many log worded speeches were spoken.

The lines between good and evil were murky. Justice was defined by results, not by the actions taken to get them.

Lies were used to benefit good, truths were told by evil for great control.

It was a strange time. But there were those who stood in the darkness as a shining beacon of light.

There were rules. These great heroes reached towards their villainous counterparts and found a code, a code of honor between supermen and the legion of darkness itself.

To deny this honor was to be expelled from both groups, and the trust lost could never be regained.

It was from this that the codes of truth and dare began. When commanded by truth, one always spoke it, whether their heart good or evil, it was always true.

The gods looked ill upon this when they realized that these codes unbalanced the universe. Balance was what the gods sought, and the codes were banned.

Those who spoke of these codes were smote by hands more powerful than the greatest of the supermen.

However... This time, this one glorious moment in a new age, the codes were available without the wrath of the gods. I fully believe even with radical new ideas striking across the land, that we are still bound by honor.

I have never seen the codes fail, and I will never dishonor them by not believing the truth that those who answer their call speak.

So it was.
So it is.
So it shall always be.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
as a relative newbie ill accept it, unfortuantely someone else is gonn ahve to deal with ninth itc as i'm spent now

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
(honestly i dont believe it scum has incentive to lie and towns typically dont really care enough unfortunately)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

YOU WERE THERE.

that was a shine game, ya loving sequoia

50 pounds of bread posted:

in an age of great darkness, many log worded speeches

im thinking a simple 9x9 of dark oak to start and we'll branch into stone once we've got the charcoal to justify not gathering so much wood

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

disregard i misread and thought i caught you in a funny

Murmur Twin posted:

us af

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

peramene posted:

im thinking a simple 9x9 of dark oak to start and we'll branch into stone once we've got the charcoal to justify not gathering so much wood

Honestly, just gather enough wood to make our first pickaxe and one piece of charcoal.

A pair of sheers will last forever. We can harvest the same forest for years and never make a dent in our resources. We'll live in a castle of fresh cut leaves, feasting on the freshest fruits from our endless old-growth forest.

I don't need diamonds to be happy. The truest peace comes from perfect harmony with nature.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

peramene posted:

9x9 is the laziest and yet best of the housing dimensions

KhediveRex posted:

Honestly, just gather enough wood to make our first pickaxe and one piece of charcoal.

A pair of sheers will last forever. We can harvest the same forest for years and never make a dent in our resources. We'll live in a castle of fresh cut leaves, feasting on the freshest fruits from our endless old-growth forest.

I don't need diamonds to be happy. The truest peace comes from perfect harmony with nature.

majestrowns

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
I used to make high-concept cities with elaborate buildings of rare metals, gem-work tapestries and marble terraces.

Anymore, I just like to give myself a journal and map, turn on survival and watch the story grow. I highly recommend the experience.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I really wish I was goddamn smarter right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I give myself unlimited energy, then make my own dimensions using mods.

Not coincidentally, I was maybe the only person on this planet to enjoy Spore's space stage, primarily because of the planetary exploration.

• Locked thread