Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah the in-ring lighting is distracting. Like every match is a Sin Cara match.

That's it exactly, it's yellowish tint in the ring with blue on the crowd. I'm wondering if it's literally just Chavo making an extended Sin Cara joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

rob van winkle in da house

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The original temple was an awesome set it's gonna be hard to beat. The place was huge in person, and legit took up an entire warehouse near downtown LA. I could see how it would be super expensive to rent and maintain.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

the crowd got a lot whiter now that the temple isn't in boyle heights any more

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

boar guy posted:

the crowd got a lot whiter now that the temple isn't in boyle heights any more

And the roster!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Finally had time to check out the new episodes. Aztec Warfare was meh, but the second episode had some forward momentum to keep me watching. Not a fan of the new temple at all.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have a friend who signed an nda but they filmed stuff in front of a crowd last march in austin. wonder when/what that will entail.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Strong! Strong! Strong!!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That singlet, though!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I guess I started watching WWE sort of later in his career but does Jack Swagger really warrant a "holy poo poo" chant

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Erebus posted:

I guess I started watching WWE sort of later in his career but does Jack Swagger really warrant a "holy poo poo" chant

crowds like surprises

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Erebus posted:

"Holy poo poo, this guy is still around"

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

"Holy poo poo they found someone whiter than Sami Callihan."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Erebus posted:

During his early WWECW days, he was overwhelming with promise and later came off as a choice talent that got screwed up by WWE's failure to book competently. Lucha Underground could potentially do something good with him.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Explosions posted:

"Holy poo poo they found someone whiter than Sami Callihan."

They actually did.

https://www.facebook.com/LuchaUnderground/videos/2232549623436883/

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Look, it's the face he made when he won the WHC.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hate Papa Cueto and I want my sweet, scummy Dario back :mad:

Edit: I don't think anything will ever top that bit in early season 2 where he sends 3 dudes to get murdered by Matanza, but he doesn't give a gently caress because he made like $30 and he's just drooling over the money like the old school carny promoter he is :allears:

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Did Jack Swagger lose like thirty lbs since leaving wwe or is it just me?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I want more comic tie-ins. Writing off Big Ryck between seasons by having his skull harvested by the Disciples of Death for Mil's murderthrone was exactly the kind of cheesy bullshit I love about this show.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gavok posted:

During his early WWECW days, he was overwhelming with promise and later came off as a choice talent that got screwed up by WWE's failure to book competently. Lucha Underground could potentially do something good with him.

WWE didn't make him commit DUI just before a Wrestlemania world title match and kill any future main event push for a while

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Ended up missing Season 3 after Cage won the Gauntlet. Any episodes/matches I should absolutely check out?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

exploded mummy posted:

WWE didn't make him commit DUI just before a Wrestlemania world title match and kill any future main event push for a while

That's on him, but even if he kept his nose clean, it was just as badly and rashly booked as his title run.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I do not know, but I like

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

You go, XO. Werq.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Sweet! So who is this and how do I see more of them?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Xerzes posted:

Sweet! So who is this and how do I see more of them?

I had the same question and their name is Sonny Kiss. https://twitter.com/sonnykissxo?lang=en

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Why is Fenix in this match anyway? I'm not complaining but there's no reason beyond Antonio said so.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Why is Fenix in this match anyway? I'm not complaining but there's no reason beyond Antonio said so.

Catrina told Antonio she wanted this match, saying she wants Fenix's life force (because she was already sniffing around for the Gauntlet of the Gods, but ran into a dead end there). She also promised it'd be violent, as well. So, Antonio said "Yeah, sure, whatever. Just knock next time."

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Pinwiz11 posted:

Catrina requested the Mil vs Fénix match so she can harvest Fenix’s life energy, and then Crane inserted himself.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I get the setup, and I understand why everyone else is involved, but I could also see Fenix being "lol no".

Glad to see you again, Ivalise.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Yikes. Harsh, Papa Cueto.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

That's the stuff, LU, give me those closing scenes... :allears:

I'm excited to see where they go with Fenix losing the match. I had assumed that Crane was going into one, but Evil Fenix could be interesting.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The Senator Giroux posted:

Catrina requested the Mil vs Fénix match so she can harvest Fenix’s life energy, and then Crane inserted himself.

That led to a good exchange of dialogue:

Cueto: "You would do all this for a woman?"
Crane: "Have you seen her?"
Cueto: "Good point."

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I feel like the enthusiasm in the show is just gone. The crowd sits further away, the camera work seems way more obviously stitched together, and commentary seems like it might be dubbed after the fact. They definitely did some post-event dubbing for Aztec Warfare 2 but most of it was still live. I don't have that vibe here.

I hope they get it going again because I used to be so excited for the show and it feels like that energy is gone.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Haven't watched Season 4 and don't plan to. But given this is Pride month and in general was so happy Sonny Kiss debuted this week.

He has such self-confidence and commitment to his character that he completely shuts down phobes and/or tradition wrestling fans. A force of nature.

He was going to have a shot at IMPACT two years or so. Sonny was going to become Maria’s “associate” and boss around Allie to keep their program going. But there was a hiring freeze.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
There's a feeling of - dare I say it - everyone's just kind of going through the motions here.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

every season has gotten off to sort of a slow start though

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I think the problem right now is that the transition from season 3 to season 4 has made the show bloated and a little confusing. The agreement was that some wrestlers would get released from their contracts if they agreed to show up and get written off ASAP. That means that many situations make you look at what's happening with wondering if that person is gone or if it's supposed to lead to something. Even from the latest main event, the futures of Fenix, Crane and Ivelisse are up in the air. At the same time, new characters and plotlines keep popping up to overlap on all of that.

If they find their groove, it's going to take a few episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm bummed that we got a Crane match that wasn't 80% him kicking people in the face. That poo poo was so fun.