Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Beard oil is very important. I’m a dapper dan man myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

oldpainless posted:

Sorry, we only carry Fop.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

oldpainless posted:

More like oldshaveless

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity.

I might be in the minority but I find that my regular shampoo and conditioner keeps my beard clean and fine. Easy too. Never had anyone tell me my beard looks bad.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Google image searching 'everyday carry" is a fascinating glimpse into the pockets of paranoid white people. So many "field notes". Sooooooooooo many glocks.
A "tactical pen" may be the handiest thing ever made but I'll never know, because on principle, i'm not going to own something called a "tactical pen". Also here's a fun game: Count how many items in those piles of matte black painted objects have actual wear on them from being used. Or how many of those tanto blade knives have marks from being sharpened and kept sharp.

My favorite i've seen was some guy including a sling he made to keep in his bag (without ammo for it because he'd "just use rocks") in case he ever got stranded and needed to hunt his supper. Not a slingshot, a sling. What David slew Goliath with.

100% of these people are prepping for the race war. All white paranoia is race-based.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

My part of the country is overdue for an earthquake of biblical proportions. I live and work on opposite sides of a river spanned by outdated and fragile bridges. I've started assembling a car kit to account for the possibility that I'll have to abandon my car and walk home through less than ideal conditions. The state emergency management agency is now suggesting major infrastructure like roads and utilities could be down for months in such an event, and recommends households keep supplies for three weeks of self-sufficiency. I don't have any delusions that the current administration would cancel its weekend plans just because of a pesky catastrophe in a blue state.

It's easy to laugh at the kooks prepping for RaHoWa but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. There are plenty of good, wholesome, sensible ways to make yourself safer with very little effort. It just requires a more reasonable ratio of clean socks to knives.

walrusman has a new favorite as of 07:08 on Jun 27, 2018

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

:staredog:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

walrusman posted:

My part of the country is overdue for an earthquake of biblical proportions. I live and work on opposite sides of a river spanned by outdated and fragile bridges. I've started assembling a car kit to account for the possibility that I'll have to abandon my car and walk home through less than ideal conditions. The state emergency management agency is now suggesting major infrastructure like roads and utilities could be down for months in such an event, and recommends households keep supplies for three weeks of self-sufficiency. I don't have any delusions that the current administration would cancel its weekend plans just because of a pesky catastrophe in a blue state.

It's easy to laugh at the kooks prepping for RaHoWa but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. There are plenty of good, wholesome, sensible ways to make yourself safer with very little effort. It just requires a more reasonable ratio of clean socks to knives.

The prepper folks take being prepared for a disaster to an insane and pathological level. Like yeah it's a good idea to have stuff handy if you're in a disaster-prone area (well, just in general really) but most of it is stuff you should have anyway just a general rule. I remember growing up mostly it was "here's where we keep these things, if poo poo goes down make sure you know that." Everybody should have a few knives, some rope, a first aid kit, a flashlight, candles, and something to start fire with because those are just useful things in general. It doesn't cost much and you don't necessarily have to have it all i a bug out bag that you can grab at a moment's notice. If you're in a situation where you have to leave right god damned now then serious poo poo is going down.

You also don't need to have a dozen guns and several years of food. If things are that bad then God help us all because poo poo is hosed. Then again these people think they'll be Lord Humongous and not Random Bleaching Skeleton #10,924. Unless society is totally breaking down you only need a few days of basics, really. Enough to wait until emergency crews start showing up or enough to walk your rear end to a place that is less currently burning down.

Of course growing up I also learned how to get creative with surviving. These dweebs that have a bajillion different things so they're ready for literally any situation don't actually get survival.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Screaming Idiot posted:

TACTICAL PENNIES

Are these better/worse than rear end pennies?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

twistedmentat posted:

I don't WANT Fop, goddammit, I'm a Dapper Dan man!

omg that movie is so good I love it so much I wanna watch it right now

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Mr. Nelson is a national treasure.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Never have six words been more correct.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

My bookmarked threads keep running together :saddowns:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

eternal screaming

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Looks like somebody found the Facebook of that reviewer from the New Yorker?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The prepper folks take being prepared for a disaster to an insane and pathological level. Like yeah it's a good idea to have stuff handy if you're in a disaster-prone area (well, just in general really) but most of it is stuff you should have anyway just a general rule. I remember growing up mostly it was "here's where we keep these things, if poo poo goes down make sure you know that." Everybody should have a few knives, some rope, a first aid kit, a flashlight, candles, and something to start fire with because those are just useful things in general. It doesn't cost much and you don't necessarily have to have it all i a bug out bag that you can grab at a moment's notice. If you're in a situation where you have to leave right god damned now then serious poo poo is going down.

You also don't need to have a dozen guns and several years of food. If things are that bad then God help us all because poo poo is hosed. Then again these people think they'll be Lord Humongous and not Random Bleaching Skeleton #10,924. Unless society is totally breaking down you only need a few days of basics, really. Enough to wait until emergency crews start showing up or enough to walk your rear end to a place that is less currently burning down.

Of course growing up I also learned how to get creative with surviving. These dweebs that have a bajillion different things so they're ready for literally any situation don't actually get survival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSyQvrb-caQ

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Comrade Koba posted:

The entire “prepping” scene consists of pudgy white guys in IT jobs who fantasize about society collapsing so they can enact their fantasies about killing zombies/poors/brown people.

Mad props to all the “tactical” gear suppliers for figuring out how to turn middle-class anxiety into loads of cash. These people will buy literal scrap metal as long as it’s painted black and sold as a “tactical stealth EDC tool”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHOog45llUU

Actually I think you'll find Preppers are Tier1 Spec Operator Ghosts capable of fending off wave after wave of feral urban thugs driven into a rape lust by a lack of marajuana.

God help those who stand against us.

MOLON LABE

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Screaming Idiot posted:

TACTICAL PENNIES

Read this as "TACTICAL PENNE" and was impressed by the concept of such amazing pasta.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Thanks, BSS!

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Hey so, ya know, what the gently caress is this

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Hey so, ya know, what the gently caress is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qR0HdGCpnA

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

It's like the Finger Family videos except for adults

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

You know how sometimes someone will answer your question with a question, and it's incredibly annoying? This is the internet version of that.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm glad I realized that was a belly button.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Is that foreplay?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

We Know Catheters posted:

Is that foreplay?

you know it

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Refilled my beard oil finally.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Is that foreplay?

I mean, you could stop there, but why?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is that foreplay?

It's called an appetizer. Don't worry, I make that mistake all the time.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

bhabi so plumpy

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo I saw this dude on the news today and knew it had to be posted.

I'm not sure on the metric conversion, but that's very likely at least a sevenhead.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nurge posted:

Holy poo poo I saw this dude on the news today and knew it had to be posted.

I'm not sure on the metric conversion, but that's very likely at least a sevenhead.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Did they photoshop his head in this picture, nobody can look that much like a tic tac

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Barnacle Jim's longlost brother

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

Did they photoshop his head in this picture, nobody can look that much like a tic tac

Eh up and have a butchers.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Wow, science has gone too far

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You shouldn't say things like that or he will shame you in a YouTube video.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

God drat this is refreshingly funny. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014