Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Caganer posted:

the fat camp trilogy is :discourse:

Can my parents make me go to fat camp?(self.legaladvice)

Can my parents make me go to fat camp? [Update] (self.legaladvice)

Can my parents make me go to fat camp? [Last Update] (self.legaladvice)

Bartlby the Jiggler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

Bartlby the Jiggler

nice

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
That kid rules gently caress the haters. I would have done much worse than politely not participate if I had ever been forced into something like that even it it were ultimately self-destructive. Your summer at age 14 is for hanging out with your friends and forcing your kid away for the summer is an extremely counterproductive way to teach that lesson.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
That guy and "burning her portfolio to spite her mom" girl are twin souls

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Basically what I'm saying is, if the situation arose, 14 year old Jeffrey would have been the Wilt Chamberlain of getting promptly kicked out of camp.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Basically what I'm saying is, if the situation arose, 14 year old Jeffrey would have been the Wilt Chamberlain of getting promptly kicked out of camp.

Yeah but Wilt Chamberlain got laid a ton so.......

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

my self-destructive co-conspirator and I would be having a romantic dinner in monaco by hump day :love:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

La Brea Carpet posted:

Yeah but Wilt Chamberlain got laid a ton so.......

fat people get laid (with other fat people)

that's how we get more fat people

How do people get such over-inflated opinions on themselves?Question (self.dating)

quote:

I'm viewing this through a dating lens, but it happens in every aspect of life

I'm currently 29. I have a career, I have hobbies, I'm in great shape and I'm decently handsome. I'm not a 10/10 dude but I'm definitely not some 2/10 nobody either

Something that has been occurring a lot over the years is, whether through an app or in person, I might meet a girl, we start talking, and, almost inevitably, I get the impression that she thinks she's too good for me. Most of the time these girls are in the 6-8/10 range, looks wise, their hobbies (if they have any) aren't particularly unique, and they might have a full time job (sometimes they're students or just working a couple of part time jobs). And yet, they seem to think very highly of themselves, despite not being anything special or having any sort of accomplishments under their belts. Why is this?

One example comes from a friend: she's a community college dropout, doesn't work at all (she used to do cam sites), lives at home, doesn't even have her driver's license, and mostly gets by through white knights buying her stuff and giving her money. She's cute, yeah, and she's got a nice body, but that's it. Yet, she's constantly trying to give me life advice and sometimes even "talks down" to me. I'm generally just tempted to ask "What exactly are you doing with your life again?"

Another example: I met a girl recently who considers herself progressive, a bit of a hipster, etc. But after a few days of talking she started giving the impression that I wasn't cultured/interesting enough for her, or something.This isn't the first time a girl of that type has done this. Yet, again, there was nothing interesting about this girl: she's a college student, she's done some traveling, she has political opinions. That's all great, but it's nothing get a big head over

I've grown tired of this kind of thing. In dating, sure, I just brush off these girls and never talk to them again, but I can't help but constantly wonder, why does this happen? Is it because they have so many options that they get a false sense of their worth? Is it insecurity? I legitimately want to know

And I want to reiterate: I am in no way trying to say I'm this amazing guy and "How dare these girls think they're too good for me." I know in some cases it just doesn't work out, or I've made a mistake, but I feel there's been a lot of times where I'm genuinely unsure why a girl thinks I'm not enough for her when she's not that special in the first place

I've come across this outside of dating too, friends and acquaintances who don't have much going on in their lives who seem to have a very different idea of themselves. Maybe I'm just meeting the wrong people

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts and hopefully having a good discussion on this. I don't mind clarifying if something is unclear

Caganer fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 28, 2018

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Caganer posted:

I'm going to need to see a citation on this, it's well-supported that at sufficient mass fat people just divide into two skinnier people

quote:

Having issues with 10 SS making GBS threads himself rather than taking the time to get off the computer and take care of his business. He's 10 and bright how is this a thing? I have a 5 year old BS who wouldn't dream of doing this ... crap.

BM has given him one last chance but she's kinder than me. Any other creative ideas for getting a kid to understand YOU DON'T poo poo YOURSELF TO PLAY A VIDEO GAME?

(Sorry about the language. Venting a bit. )

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yeah 10 SS is a particular hard one to get the golden gem on.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yeah it's one of the mom reddits so I just assumed one of these and moved on

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
23m 21f. Teenage sweethearts due to get married. Am i getting Cold feet or something more serious?

quote:

Hi All,

This is probably going to be fairly obvious to most of you but sometimes it's easier said than done.

Due to get married this summer (August 11th) to my teenage sweetheart. Been together 8 years, engaged 3. We own a house together and have grown up together. I feel she is a part of who I am.

We seem to have become less computable in the past few months, me conctrating on working and then living life as a couple, holidays etc. her wanting to start a family and give up her life to have kids.

We're not at all sexually compatible, the sex is okay, just very infrequent. We are more like a 60yr old couple than a 22 year old.

I was away for work last night, met a girl at the bar, and while I didn't do anything sexual, realised Im not actually sure I'm ready for this. I enjoyed talking to her, and felt more relaxed and myself than I have in years.

I know you're all just going to say 'break off the marriage' but is it really that simple? I love her, I really do, I am just worried that we will drift even further apart in the future.

I would have no-where to live as I cannot afford to buy her share of the house and have no family locally. Also, we have already paid a lot of money towards things for the wedding.

TLDR should we break off marriage because of drifting apart?

top comments posted:

[–]greenbean999 [score hidden] 4 hours ago

Dude your post history detailing your hookup plans for this week contradict this post. Just break it off.

[–]tonytwostep [score hidden] 3 hours ago

I wish this were higher. That other post detailing his hookup that was planned for last night (was this the girl he "just talked with"?) puts an entirely new spin on the whole scenario.

Well, I guess not a new spin - he definitely needs to break off the wedding. But he's also now shown himself as a bit of a cheating scumbag.

[–]xoviat [score hidden] 3 hours ago

quote:

Hi all,

I know is this has probably been covered a hundred times, and I did search and read alot of the posts. I also know there probably isn't an answer to this but I'll ask anyway.

I've just come out of a long relationship. It was also a dead bedroom situation, just twice in the past 6 months.

I have a hookup on Tuesday with a girl I've been talking to for ages but obviously, couldn't pursue up until now.

Any tips for lasting longer? I know that edging etc is the way to build stamina, but I don't have time for that between now and then. I feel I'm probably gonna be pretty quick considering how long it's been. Any tips or tricks?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
ha ha I wish I could go back in time and tell him to rub icy hot on his dick to last longer cause I bet he'd be dumb enough to do it.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Someone post me the gamefaqs for not cumming please, my wife doesn't get with the fucky fucky often enough now I need some prostrats.

For real though 23 and 21 for eight years, what did they expect.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

HIJK posted:

I have to admire the sheer stubborness.

The determination of the lad. Absolute unit!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Caganer posted:

How do people get such over-inflated opinions on themselves?Question (self.dating)

That is downright literary.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Caganer posted:

The comments section for that one is mostly "women have egos and men don't because tinder" It's all borderline incel stuff.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

dudeness posted:

For real though 23 and 21 for eight years, what did they expect.

My little sister is in an LDR with her high school sweetheart and I’m very sad but p confident this is going to be them someday. :sigh:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
That kid is an amazing little fat Ghandi and someday he is going to lead a million overweight people to a Golden Corral salad bar, stick his hand in the ranch bucket, and raise it up while proclaiming that no man will be denied the right to collect his own ranch

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yeah, amazingly fat

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I [32F] slapped my husband [26M] during a moment of crazed weakness; I begged for forgiveness and he says it's okay, but I feel that I've ruined everything

quote:

u/BeeFiftyTwoHairDo
I apologize ahead of time for the length of this post. I just need to get this off my chest and also some outside advice and or viewpoints.

I've been married for four years and our family lives in a large apartment in the Echo Park area of Los Angeles. My husband is a tech guy and although I'm a stay at home mom now (two kids, one three year old girl, one ten month old boy) I used to be a preschool teacher. I intend to return to teaching someday but my husband and I both agreed that he could bring home the income while our children are still young. He likes that I get to stay home with the kids anyway, and I like it, too.

Up until a few weeks ago, I'd describe our marriage as amazing, in a positive way. Our relationship didn't go over too well with his family (they are all Los Angeles natives) at first because they thought I was too old for him and also that he was too young to be married, but over time my in-laws treat me as part of the family and I hang out socially with my mother in law often. My own family is from Chicago but we see them every summer, and they've always loved my husband. In fact, I'd describe us as a typical Los Angeles hipster family—farmers market, seeing bands, hang out at coffee shops, art shows, etc.—though I hope we're not as annoying as the stereotypes.

Here's my problem. Although I get to stay at home and take care of our children, sometimes I feel overwhelmed. With getting meals ready for the kids, playing with the toddler, changing diapers, doing housework, running errands, making sure dinner is ready for my husband when he gets home—I feel like I'm going crazy. Occasionally I'll have my girlfriends come over to help me out during the day, and often hubby's mom will drop by and she will lend a hand, but I don't want to put my friends out too often, like a regular thing, or look like I'm weak or incapable to my mother in law.

Pretty normal, right?

Well, one day when I was particularly stressed: the baby vomited on the living room rug and the other little one rolled around with it and got herself filthy... I had to give them both baths and the older one wouldn't stop playing and splashing, it ruined the clean bathroom, then the roast burned, it was awful. Hubby came home happy and charming as always, and he knew something was wrong. He saw I was stressed and he said (exact words: "Baby you can't go on like this, I'm going to hire you a maid or nanny, whatever you need.")

I don't know. Something in me just snapped. Maybe it was my insecurity with people judging my competence or I felt guilty because he's so much younger than me but pulling in a good salary to take care of us all and always has a smile on his face, maybe I just resented for a moment that he looked so clean and happy and I was a wreck, makeup all ruined, hair a mess.

I screamed at him, which I've never done before, at him or any guy I'd been involved with before, and said "You don't know ANYTHING about what I'm going through do you?"

And I know he was shocked and he just looked at me and he seemed to be reaching for his phone; I know now he was probably going to call one of my friends or his mom to come sit with me, or maybe he was looking up nannies right then and there, but I slapped him.

Slapped him right across his cheek.

Not hard, because I'm not that physically strong anyway and even though he's a computer guy my husband is quite a big, athletic man and I doubt I could physically hurt him, but I could tell he was really hurt.

He didn't say anything but he just took both of the kids and went outside.

I cried for at least an hour after I realized what I'd done.

I haven't hit anyone since me and my little brother used to get into silly kids' fights as small children.

He finally came home and I apologized and promised I wouldn't do it again. I begged him to forgive me.

All he said was that it was okay. Not long after delivery food came but he didn't eat any, and neither did I. Our older child ate a little. My husband fed the baby formula and told me I should get some sleep.

I was still distraught but (I feel guilty for this) I had no trouble falling asleep at all.

The next morning I woke up later than usual because usually my husband kisses me before work and it wakes me up to make him something to eat. This time he just left without a word. There was a post-it on the baby's crib from my husband saying that he took the baby to my mother in law's place and that she would bring the baby home later. He didn't sign the note.

I texted my husband again begging him to forgive me and that I didn't mean to hit him. He simply replied "don't worry about it. A woman is coming over later from **** service to help you clean and with the kid. If she doesn't work out there are lots of other women at the service to pick from." Sure enough not long after someone rang the doorbell and it was a lady from the cleaning service saying that my husband sent her over to do the laundry and do the housework. I was embarrassed because I'm not used to help but I must admit it was a lot easier to spend time with my daughter. The woman asked me if I needed anything from the store and I told her what I needed and was going to give her money but apparently my husband fixed it so that she already had money or that the service just charges us directly from my husband's debit card for whatever the woman bought.

Later my mother in law came over with the baby and by now I felt so guilty. I asked her if she knew what happened, and she just said no, that my husband brought the baby over and said I needed a little break. I was too much of a coward to tell her I slapped her son. We hung out for a bit and then she left.

The woman from the service actually cooked dinner for all of us before she left.

My husband came home that night and asked how it all went, I said fine and then broke down crying saying I was sorry for hitting him. Again he said it was okay, but I can tell he's so much colder. He will still make love to me but I feel a lack of enthusiasm from him compared to what I'm used to.

This has been going on almost a month now. The nanny will come over every weekday and even waters the plants outside. I must admit I'm so much physically stronger than I was before, and when my husband is at work and I have help, I can focus so much better than before. I love how I can give the baby full attention when he needs it, and the nanny can occupy my daughter. Oftentimes, I'll just fall asleep seemingly dead on my feet and when I wake up the nanny is just there taking care of both of my kids and telling me not to push myself.

I feel SO guilty.

I know I messed up my marriage. I just know it. My husband goes to work as he always did. He kisses me before work as he always did, he comes home and plays happy daddy, we have sex still, we do weekend stuff as a family, and yet I detect a sense of detachment from him.

One time I made a rapid movement next to him and he flinched. I know it was because he expected to be hit again. It broke my heart.

I've apogized and practically crawled on my hands and knees begging for forgiveness.

I just don't know what to do.

Have I destroyed my marriage forever?

Can I ever have it like it was before?

Thank you so much Reddit.

+++++++++

**TL;DR: I slapped my husband's face in a moment of anger. Now I feel like I ruined my marriage.**

I wonder how much those rent a nanny things cost? Also nice job forever shattering the implicit trust of your marriage.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Play posted:

dammit I was gonna say "sounds like the words of a man with poop on his butt" and you frickin ruined it!!

It shouldn't be like dripping water after you're done, just a small amount right on the b hole which will disappear real quick, especially in dry climate like mine. Clean water on the bunghole > poop

Think about it, can you ever really get ALL the poop just with toilet paper? The answer is no. You all have poop on your butts. right now. get in the shower

If it didn't have a blow drier function you weren't at any kind of reputable bar in Tokyo. I've straight left bars because they had a normal flusher.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Elderbean posted:

The comments section for that one is mostly "women have egos and men don't because tinder" It's all borderline incel stuff.
My knowledge is like a decade out of date so it's probably completely wrong now but at the time the gender skew among college/grad school aged people was ridiculously high and it totally did reflect itself in lopsided standards that didn't pan out irl. I just went back to dating through friends and hobbies and found myself having a much easier time of meeting people within my standards. Not saying women didn't have their own sorts of struggles in that environment just that personally if I compared people I met through my own social networks vs what I could snag online it was a p noticeable discrepancy among women. I know it wasn't just my profile either cause I'm bi and met plenty of hot dudes on the same websites.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Milotic posted:

I [32F] slapped my husband [26M] during a moment of crazed weakness; I begged for forgiveness and he says it's okay, but I feel that I've ruined everything

I wonder how much those rent a nanny things cost? Also nice job forever shattering the implicit trust of your marriage.
Thing is the 'bad day' wasn't really all that bad and she went crazy on him. She's got something out of whack with her hormones. Dunno what classifies postpartum depression but she needs to get that checked out.

Also back a bit but fat camp guy needs to be roomies with the court evicted from his parents home guy. I bet they have alot in common.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Lol, offered help and got some domestic violence for it

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

datajugend posted:

Lol, offered help and got some domestic violence for it

She's overwhelmed and exhausted, and she feels like a failure because she's overwhelmed and exhausted.

Her husband comes home from his computer touching job and is all, "Honey, I'm home!" He sees how overwhelmed and exhausted she is and tries to solve the problem. He may has well have said, "Wow, you look like a complete failure as a mother and partner!" She screams, because she's frustrated that he doesn't see that she's upset about feeling like a failure, not because she's exhausted and overwhelmed.

He backs off, gets on his phone, she feels like she's being ignored, and -in her exhausted and burned out emotional state- lashes out like a toddler demanding attention.

She needs to learn to use her words. He needs to learn to use his ears.

Or at least, learn to fake it like the rest of us.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"I don't want to hire a nanny because then I'd look like I can't handle being a stay at home mom"
*slaps husband because a 3 year old didn't take bath time seriously enough*

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Yes, one side feels like a failure and takes it out on the other but feels very bad about it after. Sounds like a lot of other posts about hitting your so.

Anyway there is a lot of "im sorry" in that post and not alot of "im sorry and here is one of the many things i could do to better myself at least"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sounds a lot like they could use some couple's therapy, and probably therapy in general. She seems genuinely remorseful and horrified of the effect it has, but she doesn't know how to introspect well enough to better herself, and to admit that she's not able to live up to the expectations she's set for herself. Toxic femininity?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Beachcomber posted:

She's overwhelmed and exhausted, and she feels like a failure because she's overwhelmed and exhausted.

Her husband comes home from his computer touching job and is all, "Honey, I'm home!" He sees how overwhelmed and exhausted she is and tries to solve the problem. He may has well have said, "Wow, you look like a complete failure as a mother and partner!" She screams, because she's frustrated that he doesn't see that she's upset about feeling like a failure, not because she's exhausted and overwhelmed.

He backs off, gets on his phone, she feels like she's being ignored, and -in her exhausted and burned out emotional state- lashes out like a toddler demanding attention.

Extremely hosed up take to try and make the blame 50/50. What is wrong with you?

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Danaru posted:

"I don't want to hire a nanny because then I'd look like I can't handle being a stay at home mom"
*slaps husband because a 3 year old didn't take bath time seriously enough*

Seriously her husband needs to just leave her and try and get custody. Next time she'll slap the 3 year old.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Jeza posted:

Extremely hosed up take to try and make the blame 50/50. What is wrong with you?

Beachcomber knows he better step straight or he's gonna get a smack.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Fat camp should have let little Oblomov go on hunger strike.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
To be honest, I wouldn't take my chances with an American rehabilitation camp for teenagers I knew nothing about either.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Caganer posted:

the fat camp trilogy is :discourse:

Can my parents make me go to fat camp?(self.legaladvice)

Can my parents make me go to fat camp? [Update] (self.legaladvice)

Can my parents make me go to fat camp? [Last Update] (self.legaladvice)

Sounds like losing weight is something he desperately needs, but I admire his dedication and practical application of book learning. It's a shame he can't apply the same mindset to being healthy.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

yeah I agree, he was asking for it :hmmyes:

I dunno dude, something tells me this wasn't the first time in her life she looked totally burned out. You can offer sympathy all you want, but it only works so many times in a row before you have to do something about it. But it's a moot point because nothing about this situation warranted being hit in the loving face over it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

dudeness posted:

Do they even teach the penis balloon at clown college or is that some MCCE (mandatory continued clowning education) course?

I used to be a clown/balloon twister and there were only two real rules for kid parties: 1, no gun balloons. 2, no sexual balloons/pink/brown or black swords that were obviously penii.

Adult parties, well, most of the time any adult who wanted a clown hired didn't want a clown in full gear, they wanted a sexy Harley costume with loving mallets and bikinis.

I do remember some kid losing his poo poo because he demanded a gun to 'shoot everyone' at the party. For a five year old's birthday. But yeah, clowns get a bad enough rap as is, don't loving use the paint to hide your hosed up sexual harassment.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I'm almost inspired by the fat camp kid. Almost.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I honestly don’t think one slap is that big of a deal, whether it’s a guy slapping woman or a woman slapping a guy, life is loving hard and terrible. If that’s the worst thing that ever happened in your marriage, that is pretty phenomenal. Where the gently caress did people’s standards come from.

It also makes me wonder if people feel the same way about those videos where somebody pranks the other partner or whatever and the partner and frustration slaps the other one or whatever. Like the one where the guy pretends that he accidentally dropped the toddler off of the balcony.

I really feel like a lot of people who post here have never really been that frustrated or that passionate about anything really that involved. The absolutism is incredible. Particularly it makes me wonder if any of these people of been parents, kids are one of those things it’s really easy to be virtue signally about until you have one.

Not to mention absolutism is a great way to hand a tool to manipulative people. There are definitely men and women who try to goad their partners into taking actions that now socially guarantee that they can be "the afflicted". Abuse discourse is really garbage these days.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

zakharov posted:

I'm almost inspired by the fat camp kid. Almost.

Successfully challenging the authorities over his right to lay around in bed all day and be a fatass does seem like it should earn him a place in the pantheon of Goon Heroes.