Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

skoolmunkee posted:

I live about 1.5 blocks from what must be one of the least-busy Costcos in the UK. I try to limit myself to once a week (mostly for meat, and occasional enchilada tray with premixed margarita bottle for special weekends).

A handle of premixed margaritas and an enchilada tray: a true sign of a special weekend. The kind of weekend to be savored, and taken in with appreciation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Praise Be!

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Chinatown posted:

Eating a massive PRIME boneless ribeye steak with normandy veggies tonight.

P.B.U.C.

Got FOUR of these getting salty in the fridge for this Sunday’s Belated Father’s Day Grilling Session.

Indeed, PBUC.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I bought 4 packs of some anti-fatigue mat tiles, 36sq. ft. for only $13, cheaper than harbor freight.

Going under my above ground pool this year.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I got my Executive Member rebate check and my "invoice" to renew in the mail. My check was for $34... I guess I don't spend enough to warrant the executive.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I know there's variance by region but the Gerard Bertrand Cote des Roses rose wine is $11 right now at church. It's amazing and generally retails $17-25.

I got an acai bowl and it was good, but the woman at the register basically tried to talk me out of it. "We have the strawberry sundae again!" "No, I want the acai bowl." "50/50 with vanilla?" "...no, just acai."

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Harton posted:

Praise Be!

I’d like some honest reviews on those please.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
We had quite the little week at Costco last week. Case of Dogfish Head and a bottle of the 7Y Bourbon for the World Cup party, a sheet cake, sodas, wine and 8 (!) pizzas for my daughter's birthday party, a blender for my mother in law.

PBUC.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Went to a party this weekend where most of the supplies, including the dessert, was bought from BJ's.

It's just not the same, my friends.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

We had quite the little week at Costco last week. Case of Dogfish Head and a bottle of the 7Y Bourbon for the World Cup party, a sheet cake, sodas, wine and 8 (!) pizzas for my daughter's birthday party, a blender for my mother in law.

PBUC.

I find that wood chippers work a lot better for mothers in law but YMMV.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Eating 3/4 of a pound of poke for lunch today, thanks Costco. Half the price of any of the nearby poke shops too.

Almost no wasabi on it today though, I think the guy making it forgot.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I know I am in Michigan but drat I want Poke at Costco for lunch...

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I finally got to try the frozen French onion soup things.

God drat. God drat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I searched for the cream cheese bagels but couldn't find them. :sigh:

Also they were apparently out of Dr. Bronners Magic Eighteen In One Peppermint Hemp Oil Pure Castile Soap. :(

Otherwise it was great! They had bags of straight up frozen broccoli, which is like the Normandy blend but just straight up broccoli which is my fav thing anyways.

Also loaded up on a slice of cheese on the way out, refill was consumed.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Best thing at Costco is the Mayan Heirloom Squash aka guicoyitos. loving tasty little bastards. Perfect stuffed.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Chinatown posted:

I searched for the cream cheese bagels but couldn't find them. :sigh:

Also they were apparently out of Dr. Bronners Magic Eighteen In One Peppermint Hemp Oil Pure Castile Soap. :(

Otherwise it was great! They had bags of straight up frozen broccoli, which is like the Normandy blend but just straight up broccoli which is my fav thing anyways.

Also loaded up on a slice of cheese on the way out, refill was consumed.

One time I called my wife from Costco, confused, because "all they have here is the florets, where's the broccoli?"

I got laughed at for several months afterwards.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

If you're into smart home stuff, Costco has some goddamn deals right now.

Nest Hello Doorbell + Google Home Mini for $180 (Doorbell is normally $200 on its own)

Better deal: Nest Thermostat and Google Home Mini for $170. The thermostat is usually $250 on its own and a lot of states have energy rebates for getting one. NH has a $100 rebate making this entire bundle $70 bucks.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Chinatown, I know you eat the Normandy blend like a true hero. You've mentioned that you sometimes just have a bowl of vegetables. What are some of the ways that you prepare them. Cooking, seasonings, everything.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm lazy as hell, so this is the easiest way to do it -

Turn oven to 400
Line your baking sheet pan with foil or parchment
Distribute vegetables on pan
Season with salt/pepper, and drizzle olive oil on them
Put in oven for 15-20 minutes until nicely roasted

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Chinatown, I know you eat the Normandy blend like a true hero. You've mentioned that you sometimes just have a bowl of vegetables. What are some of the ways that you prepare them. Cooking, seasonings, everything.

usually its a combination of a bit of Parmesan cheese, whatever hot sauce i feel like that day, and some Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning

Either in a pan or if I'm extremely lazy, microwave.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I can do that. I am extremely lazy, depressed, no energy, etc., so I was even just thinking a bowl of the blend in a microwave with soy sauce on it.

I really should try it roasted though. But it's hard to justify doing that just for myself. Although I do have a toaster oven so that might work.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

I'm lazy as hell, so this is the easiest way to do it -

Turn oven to 400
Line your baking sheet pan with foil or parchment
Distribute vegetables on pan
Season with salt/pepper, and drizzle olive oil on them
Put in oven for 15-20 minutes until nicely roasted

I add Johnny's Salt on top, but sounds right to me.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Pennywise the Frown posted:

NORMANDY SOUP

I just use the Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup recipe, except with the Normandy blend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KR44a_5v_A

I skip the goat cheese because I don't usually have any on hand. But I do recommend adding a few peeled garlic cloves to the initial boil, as well as a shake of cayenne or paprika to the blender. A splash of cream never hurt anyone either.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Argyle posted:

NORMANDY SOUP

I just use the Gordon Ramsay broccoli soup recipe, except with the Normandy blend.

I skip the goat cheese because I don't usually have any on hand. But I do recommend adding a few peeled garlic cloves to the initial boil, as well as a shake of cayenne or paprika to the blender. A splash of cream never hurt anyone either.

This looks dank, thanks.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Argyle posted:

NORMANDY SOUP

Just a little bit of goat cheese adds so much to this recipe, though I wonder if another kind of cheese will do.

I don't typically eat goat cheese so it sucks to drop a bunch of money on cheese that I'll use once and never again for a soup recipe that otherwise costs about two dollars.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
thinkin' bout those dogs

me, at Costco

https://zippy.gfycat.com/BrokenWindyAfricanfisheagle.webm

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Guys, I went to our BRAND NEW COSTCO WITH CAR WASH GRAND OPENING today but it was so busy that literally every spot in the small parking lot was full so I wasn't able to stop by and partake in the savings.

Maybe I can go next week and take pictures of anything that's interesting. At least the gas pumps were completely empty.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Renegret posted:

Just a little bit of goat cheese adds so much to this recipe, though I wonder if another kind of cheese will do.

I don't typically eat goat cheese so it sucks to drop a bunch of money on cheese that I'll use once and never again for a soup recipe that otherwise costs about two dollars.

Yes - blue cheese or cheddar are both great in broccoli soup - just crumble or grate a bit into the bowl just before you serve so you get little bits of melty cheese in your spoonful of soup; it's v. nice.

edit: a smoked cheese would be nice too, also edam, gouda, maasdam - pretty much any cheese is worth trying out - even a dab of cream cheese would probably be tasty.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 28, 2018

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
i just defrosted and ate over a pound of the 31-40 P&D shrimp in one sitting and i'm going to throw up and i still want more

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FCKGW posted:

Guys, I went to our BRAND NEW COSTCO WITH CAR WASH GRAND OPENING today but it was so busy that literally every spot in the small parking lot was full so I wasn't able to stop by and partake in the savings.

Maybe I can go next week and take pictures of anything that's interesting. At least the gas pumps were completely empty.

The car washes are half the price of the local chain, and don't try to rip my license plate frame off. They are also busy as hell, but that's pretty normal for Costco anyway.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Wulfolme posted:

i just defrosted and ate over a pound of the 31-40 P&D shrimp in one sitting and i'm going to throw up and i still want more

Try getting frozen shrimp and boiling them (defrost first) until they just turn pink instead of getting the precooked ones sometime. It's a lifechanger

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Getting NEW TIRES (4) at Costco today WITH 50,000 MILE WARRANTY and free flat repair.

And get this... While I'm waiting?

I'm gonna dog it up

With refill!!!!

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

FCKGW posted:

Eastvale/Jurupa Valley? My condolences.

I'll have to try that broccoli soup recipe, seems easy and hard to gently caress up.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

smoobles posted:

Getting NEW TIRES (4) at Costco today WITH 50,000 MILE WARRANTY and free flat repair.

I'm gonna dog it up

With refill!!!!

Co bless you, friend!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So I was assigned some homework from my therapist last week. Write down 3 things every morning that I am greatful for.

Guess what. Costco made the list bitches.

PBUC

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Is there such a thing as peeled and deveined and frozen shrimp? Peeled and frozen I have seen, but not deveined.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Veins are fine

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

smoobles posted:

I'm gonna dog it up

With refill!!!!

They have the $70 Bridgestone plus free install this weekend.

Sadly, I need to buy new tires for my wife's car but getting appointments booked at Costco is such a pain in the rear end that I'm doing tires elsewhere this time (they also don't carry the brand I want)

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Whooping Crabs posted:

Try getting frozen shrimp and boiling them (defrost first) until they just turn pink instead of getting the precooked ones sometime. It's a lifechanger

P&D means peeled and deveined, these are the raw frozen ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Argyle posted:

NORMANDY SOUP

Goat cheese is amazing in eggs and its suuuuuuuuuuuper cheap at Costco.

Wulfolme posted:

Used to call that a "shrimpache"