Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah, it's not safe to wander aimlessly around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
New season starts August 5th!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I don't want to spend too much time on all the various social media feeds out there, so I have about two dozen threads bookmarked, about ten of which update on some kind of regular basis, and that's all the SA I need!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

hughesta posted:

New season starts August 5th!

gently caress yes.

Hope I get my book before then.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

RandallODim posted:

there are many of us, the control panel residents

Gang tag time!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I too use the control panel and just browse old mega threads.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Another control panel cruisin old goon who can't wait for the next season.

As much as I want to see Hank keep on being the coolest Venture, I'm curious to see where Dean goes from here. And obviously, I'll be devastated if the Order of the Triad doesn't make an appearance this season.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah, it's not safe to wander aimlessly around here.

Don't impugn my general way of life.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It feels good that I’m not alone in the control panel browsing. I love this thread. :unsmith:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I, too, only utilize the control panel and anytime I stray from it, I feel cold and afraid.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

pnumoman posted:

Another control panel cruisin old goon who can't wait for the next season.

As much as I want to see Hank keep on being the coolest Venture, I'm curious to see where Dean goes from here. And obviously, I'll be devastated if the Order of the Triad doesn't make an appearance this season.

I just want him to become a relatively normal dude and escape this nutty world. He's explicitly stated that he doesn't want to be a superscientist before.

Like, we've seen that there is an outside world. The fact that the Monarch's cocoon was on the news as a UFO means that not everyone in this world is used to all this craziness. It's probably like the Marvel universe where everyone is aware of superheroes and such being in New York but not used to it in their own worlds.

...even though Captain Sunshine lives near enough to the Ventures/Monarch...

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

RandallODim posted:

there are many of us, the control panel residents

This.
I don't watch much TV really, so TVIV is for this, and like the tick or IASIP.. otherwise, if its not linked from a bookmarked thread I probably don't find it.

With that said, I'm stoked for the book! I put in a pre-order long ago, then canceled it because it seemed dead.. then re-pre-ordered and am excited for July 19! Also new Venture keeps me going. I'm going through the first 6 seasons again and again, it is still fantastic. I have season 1-6 on DVD and :files:.. I really want to rip the commentary but I'm not sure of an easy way to automate it... I've never managed to listen to them just because if the DVD/TV is on, i'll just watch the show. I'd rather listen like a podcast.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Is it a little weird that there wasn't much of a lead-up from Doc or Jackson this time around?

Honestly, I loved watching the videos of the Q&A's and sizzle reels which led up to the previous seasons. This time... well, there was silence. It's weird.

Oh well. Time to finally get Season 6 resolved!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

tarlibone posted:

Oh well. Time to finally get Season 6 resolved!

I do hope they got to finish 7 this time as well.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I've only watched season 6 once because of how unresolved it is. Excited to rewatch it before the new season so it gets to feel more continuous this time around.

e: except the legion of doom episode. I think I watched that like 4 times.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol we went to the andy warhol museum and we watched it right after, so good lol

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I love the A/B someone put together for that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtWIK9wZUhM

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Season 7 teaser!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTOMeJrmZlY

Dr Orpheus! Order of the triad in new york!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Show's coming back August 5th! Rejoice!

Have they said if it's a 10 episode season or another short 8er?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

pnumoman posted:

The problem is that Dean is on a path that isn't really suited to exciting stories : he's a college student, doing regular college student things, with the most irregular part of his life being his friendship with the Brown Spider, and that mostly happened offscreen so far. At best it seems like he would make a good heir for Jonas Jr's legacy rather than his father's or grand-father's.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:allears: that premiere. Good to see Dr.O and the Triad once again

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

:allears: that premiere. Good to see Dr.O and the Triad once again

I think in the commentary for Season 6, they said that they wanted to get the Order of the Triad ("Get out of my kitchen!") into an episode, but they ran out of episodes. This must be that, then?

And I wonder if those are thetans there at the end?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

X_Toad posted:

The problem is that Dean is on a path that isn't really suited to exciting stories : he's a college student, doing regular college student things, with the most irregular part of his life being his friendship with the Brown Spider, and that mostly happened offscreen so far. At best it seems like he would make a good heir for Jonas Jr's legacy rather than his father's or grand-father's.

Well, that's why I'm interested in Dean's story this season. As much as I want the boys to have what they want, Dean having a normal college life is clearly not in the cards in terms of the overall story.

I mean, Doc and Jackson could ignore Dean for a whole season as he lives the boring and normal life he desires...but is that really likely?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Dr. O is the best Venture Bros character. Maybe even ever.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Dr. O is the best Venture Bros character. Maybe even ever.

The OPEN bit from his first episode is still one of my favorite moments in the show

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It's good to have the Triad back.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
God I'm so sad that clip ended.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

feedmyleg posted:

I've only watched season 6 once because of how unresolved it is. Excited to rewatch it before the new season so it gets to feel more continuous this time around.

50/50 on them opening with "One Year Later" and ignoring everything from last season.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
But will we see shirt club continue? Doc-tail of the week club would be a nice touch.

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
Yeeees! I might sign up for full shirt club this time if it happens. I only got the Brock one last season, and it's a bit too small so I've only worn it a handful of times.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

i need a shirt club. my s5 ones are starting to wear out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've never done tshirt club but dammit, i want to. I doubt I'll resist this year if its available.

"Now you've made it worst!" is basically the mission statement of the show.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I did it for one year and I got pretty good shirts out of them that I still wear.

Except the Destiny one. That one felt like rushed..

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many different shirts are there?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Mraagvpeine posted:

How many different shirts are there?

one per episode + 1 for full season subs.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Depends on the season. Season 6 was 7 shirts. I did mines during Season 5 and I got 8 of them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Wrong thread!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
What's the quality of the shirts like? I hate a lot of licensed tees since they're usually made of super-thin cloth and cut kinda short.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I'd probably end up getting the XXl shirts even though i normally only take an XL because cheap shirts tend to be weirdly short. Good quality tshirts that are XL fit me perfectly. A good shirt should hang just past your belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Pope Guilty posted:

What's the quality of the shirts like? I hate a lot of licensed tees since they're usually made of super-thin cloth and cut kinda short.

They're decent quality. They used American apparel until it went out of business and switched over to Canvas for the most recent season. My S5 shirt is still going strong.