Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

soggybagel posted:

Its honestly a bit scary how Barstool has built an army of CHUDs. I realize Youtube is a cesspool already but the comments on that video are bad. And because I sort of work in sports still I have to sift through that poo poo sometimes and the insane hatred of women is loving wild. Sports is already a sausage fest filled with women haters but barstool is special because its basically either "I want to gently caress this smokeshow whore" or "get this loving oval office away from the mic/in front of the camera/existing because she's a shrill bitch."

Not to mention they're extremely thin skinned...the leadership there. You talk any poo poo about them and they see they'll just sick the Barstool army of assholes on people. Its really bad and sad that they're actually shaping a bit how online sports culture/reporting is heading.

E: I assume she wrote this under duress: https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/who-knows-barstool-better-an-employee-or-a-bankrupt-website

And then even after she defends Barstool and the guys she still is getting hated on:

"I wish you were never associated with this website to be honest."

"You lost me after saying nazi in a non sarcastic way. Get real"

"YOU loving SUCK"

"Clearly not you, you loving idiot because you keep giving us lovely content that we don’t want or ask for. Go to deadspin already"

Most of those people were already like Portnoy but at least had sense to hide that in front of others. He’s just empowered them to be pieces of poo poo openly.

He’s like Sports Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I do like barstools attempts at pretending that they hate politics when really all they do is post pro right wing poo poo.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

soggybagel posted:

I do like barstools attempts at pretending that they hate politics when really all they do is post pro right wing poo poo.

Ah, the typical "we hate politics*" approach.

*That don't align with ours

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
10 gets you 20 they're the same types of folks who tell comedians to stick to comedy when a comedian makes a political statement.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Portnoy was literally on Tucker Carlson bitching about safe spaces

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dango Bango posted:

Ah, the typical "we hate politics*" approach.

*That don't align with ours

Barstool, to me, is best exemplified by the drunken fat guy wearing a Barstool shirt who got ejected before a preseason Red Wings game for yelling the n-word during the national anthem, and then trying to resist the security officers forcing him to leave by yelling about how hilarious he is

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

iospace posted:

LeBetard is awesome because

A. Papi
B. They know sports are funny
C. Papi
D. No need for hot takes.
E. Papi
F. gently caress sports this poo poo is funny right here: <rambles about story>
G. Did I mention Papi?

The Lebetard Show also exposes you to a lot of good sports writers and personalities, some of whom wouldn't get the exposure otherwise. I found out about people like Bomani Jones and Mina Kimes thanks to them guest hosting.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Mina is basically the only reason I ever log into twitter.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The nice thing about Barstool is that their fans wear and display Barstool gear (T-shirt’s, hats, flags, etc) so it makes it even easier to avoid racist MAGA chuds.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mahoning posted:

The nice thing about Barstool is that their fans wear and display Barstool gear (T-shirt’s, hats, flags, etc) so it makes it even easier to avoid racist MAGA chuds.

Seconded. It's an incredible dipshit warning system.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Mahoning posted:

It is like that with MMA fans and Affliction gear.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don't think I've ever encountered a Barstool guy irl

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1011303784390299649

:psyduck:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the gently caress?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The papier mache Stalin is hilarious.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1011646519840305153

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I somehow stumbled onto Pardon My Take without delving too deep into Barstool itself, enjoyed PMT as a podcast, but the more I hear about Barstool, and the more I hear the PMT schtick, the less I want to keep listening to it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the department of justice approved the disney-fox merger today

as a condition, fox has to sell all of their regional sports networks

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/disney-21st-century-fox-justice-department-approval-1202859241/

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I just hope this doesn't end up with Comcast owning all the regionals.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Rick posted:

I just hope this doesn't end up with Comcast owning all the regionals.

*monkey’s paw curls, AT&T buys them instead*

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Aren't the majority of them already either AT&T or Comcast?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Fox owns most number of RSNs, followed by Comcast, Charter, and AT&T. This doesn’t include networks like NESN, which are unaffiliated.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Edward Mass posted:

*monkey’s paw curls, AT&T buys them instead*

Yeah this isn't great either. I guess there's no good answer.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/SportsTimeOhio/status/1012102794700918784

Bruce Drennan is great

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently Hq and the Lebatard show both been locked down by ESPN for four years

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

algebra testes posted:

Apparently Hq and the Lebatard show both been locked down by ESPN for four years

quote:

Added Weiner: “I was hoping for the lifetime contract, to be honest. I’m a little disappointed. Maybe next time.”

:perfect:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

algebra testes posted:

https://twitter.com/TaraESPN/status/1012328040586792960

espn radio would be more of a mess if they didn't keep them

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It’s their premiere radio show (somehow, which I never would have guessed in a million years after hearing them on local radio in Miami).

Which I have to laugh at since it’s the anti-sports sports show.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s their premiere radio show (somehow, which I never would have guessed in a million years after hearing them on local radio in Miami).

Which I have to laugh at since it’s the anti-sports sports show.

part of the success is that it's an anti-sports sports show. The other major part is they know how to have fun and not bother with hot takes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They were way ahead of the curve in that they avoided the hot takes despite the show coming into its own in the heyday of the hot-take renaissance

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Telemundo did a racism on their World Cup coverage.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dave Portnoy: Still human trash!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh my mother loving God.

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/1012431475231330304?s=19

The brand is supernova

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Dexo posted:

Oh my mother loving God.

The brand is supernova

oh my

probably the grand finale before they move to showtime

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Imagine if ESPN hadn’t cancelled that pardon my take show. They would have been perpetually bombarded to have a response to stuff like this.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/TaraESPN/status/1012328040586792960

espn radio would be more of a mess if they didn't keep them

now they need to make sure Greg Cote still has a job with the Miami Herald over the next few years in order to keep giving us Greg Cote Tuesdays

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Troy Queef posted:

now they need to make sure Greg Cote still has a job with the Miami Herald over the next few years in order to keep giving us Greg Cote Tuesdays

*hiyyy-YAAK* nah im fine

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Dexo posted:

Oh my mother loving God.

The brand is supernova

THICC

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Yeah at some point Portnoy's gonna get pushed out and the meltdown will be amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I thank god every day that I was done with college before Barstool was a thing