Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

“While I don’t always agree with reporters, they don’t deserve to be slaughtered at their desks.” Truly a principled stand in need of that qualification.

Also, Milo’s just desperate for attention and trying to attach himself to this thing because of the coincidence in timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Why the gently caress attack him instead of the oval office who said it in the first place? Jesus. Like, fucksake. What's he got to do with it?

And shut the fuick up with the "lol fatty" language already.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Boogie29...454346662010881 Holy gently caress boogie, just stop being butcher Joyce.

The guy could stand to actually look up these things before posting some garbage hot take on the subject. It's insanely easy to look these things up. The "logical sane middle" sure doesn't use a whole lot of logic.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kim Justice posted:

And shut the fuick up with the "lol fatty" language already.

my "put down the shovel it's not a fork" burn was objectively good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Jimbot posted:

The guy could stand

Lol no

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Uh... okay this is a thread topic.

Here's a video from Errant Signal about an indie trans game called Secret Little Haven I helped edit the script for. Be nice he was very afraid to even go into the trans aspect cuz he didn't want to mess up because he's a sweetie and a dork.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

my "put down the shovel it's not a fork" burn was objectively good.

Oh yeah, real original.

Y'all are a bunch of hypocrites. "Oh please, I'm clutching my rosary to protect the poor minority black female transgender people :("

*person disagrees with you/says something you don't like*

"loving SLOB TRANNY FAT gently caress UNCLE TOM BITCH"

EDIT: \/ - I don't get pissed off in this thread nearly as much as I used to, or could do. But I'm not standing for such blatant bullshit as the same people faking virtuous values and calling people fat the moment they do something they disagree with. Especially not as a fatty myself who's had to put up with that sort of thing for literally as long as I can remember, let alone it completely ignoring the amount of progress the guy has made. You may not like th guy's political stances or whatever, but if you think that in order to attack them you need to attack his appearance as well? gently caress yourself.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 29, 2018

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Kim Justice posted:

Oh yeah, real original.

Y'all are a bunch of hypocrites. "Oh please, I'm clutching my rosary to protect the poor minority black female transgender people :("

is there a reason you continue to engage with this thread it only seems to make you mad

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

My Nickelodeon show got featured on the AV Club

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kim Justice posted:

Oh yeah, real original.

EDIT: \/ - I don't get pissed off in this thread nearly as much as I used to, or could do. But I'm not standing for such blatant bullshit as the same people faking virtuous values and calling people fat the moment they do something they disagree with. Especially not as a fatty myself who's had to put up with that sort of thing for literally as long as I can remember, let alone it completely ignoring the amount of progress the guy has made. You may not like th guy's political stances or whatever, but if you think that in order to attack them you need to attack his appearance as well? gently caress yourself.

if you didn't laugh at my good joke it may be you with the problem.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

lets actually not do fat jokes please, theyre not good

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Awesome, I hope this gives you more of the exposure this project needs/deserves :)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
As a fatty, I can say most fat "jokes" aren't actually jokes but just yelling hate at fat people.

I've heard hilarious fat jokes and laughed at them without feeling insulted. Because they were jokes. But just yelling fat insults is not funny and is annoying as gently caress.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

to clarify, as of right now in this current convo fat jokes get you a sixer. when things have cooled down I will use discretion and only PROBABLY give you a sixer

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

if you didn't laugh at my good joke it may be you with the problem.

Sorry to break this to you dude, but you are neither original nor funny. But hey, maybe the folks over at 4chan will like you.

Anyway, cheers Junpei.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Here's a video from Errant Signal about an indie trans game called Secret Little Haven I helped edit the script for. Be nice he was very afraid to even go into the trans aspect cuz he didn't want to mess up because he's a sweetie and a dork.

It was a great video and I would probably play that game if the soundtrack didn't turn me off badly.

I need to watch ES more. He's good stuff.

Hell freakin yeah! Congrats! You definitely deserve the attention.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Junpei Hyde posted:

OK weird theatre hating person if you post another really bad take re: theatre im probing you because this is going nowhere

Okay? Again, I never even said plays where bad but whatever.

the second part of Foxcades DMC video is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zblR1_eLJ2Y

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Puppy Time posted:

It was a great video and I would probably play that game if the soundtrack didn't turn me off badly.

I need to watch ES more. He's good stuff.

You would literally miss nothing if you muted the game's music and just played your own.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Linear Zoetrope posted:

You would literally miss nothing if you muted the game's music and just played your own.

Oh, cool, I'll do that then!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
im the fact that he's qualifying 'no one deserves to be murdered for being a journalist'.

"NOW LOOK I HATE JOURNALISTS TOO BUT MAYBE NOT KILLING THEM IS GOOD"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kim Justice posted:

But hey, maybe the folks over at 4chan will like you.

you can't get mad at my good joke and have such a tepid comeback.

Roth posted:

It wasn't funny dude, get over it

it was, sorry.

sexpig by night posted:

im the fact that he's qualifying 'no one deserves to be murdered for being a journalist'.

"NOW LOOK I HATE JOURNALISTS TOO BUT MAYBE NOT KILLING THEM IS GOOD"

that's boogie's problem he can't just say the right thing. he's always gotta put the qualifier because he's dumb. he doesn't know how to not dig himself into a hole.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

you can't get mad at my good joke and have such a tepid comeback.

It wasn't funny dude, get over it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it was alright

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ok cool meltdown over the dumbest thing possible then

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Linear Zoetrope posted:

i saw the video earlier today, and it was like, aaaaah my childhood

hey, congrats, you deserve recognition

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Roth posted:

Ok cool meltdown over the dumbest thing possible then

Kim Justice posted:

Oh yeah, real original.

how'd you get that so backwards lmao.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm sorry nobody laughed and you got called out.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I was honestly warmed up when I saw that Secret Little Heaven vid on my dash! Actually familiar with the dev, to the point she actually commissioned some work from me. It's honestly a good tie between technological and game play stuff + storytelling.

And yeah you can just put your own music there, at most it might make some of the story have slightly less impact but its still worth a push.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Kunster posted:

I was honestly warmed up when I saw that Secret Little Heaven vid on my dash! Actually familiar with the dev, to the point she actually commissioned some work from me. It's honestly a good tie between technological and game play stuff + storytelling.

And yeah you can just put your own music there, at most it might make some of the story have slightly less impact but its still worth a push.

I know a few people who muted the music and played the exact music they played when surfing the internet as an extremely online late 90s early 00s egg to complete the "oh god what even is this game" experience.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Linear Zoetrope posted:

I know a few people who muted the music and played the exact music they played when surfing the internet as an extremely online late 90s early 00s egg to complete the "oh god what even is this game" experience.

Terrible video game midis, here I come!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arcsquad12 posted:

I give him two days, if even that, before he's back to fighting on twitter.

Okay so maybe it was more like four days, but boogie can still gently caress off.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wonder if anyone is going to do or has done a retrospective on Harlan Ellison, I think the closest I can think was Kyle's video on the history of Sci-fi

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Well if you want something to tide ya over, here's Bobbin Threadbare's segment on I have No Mouth And I Must Scream and Harlan Ellison.

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Well, there ya go! Wish there was a decent way to get midis playing the same way I did on modern systems.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

I wonder if anyone is going to do or has done a retrospective on Harlan Ellison, I think the closest I can think was Kyle's video on the history of Sci-fi

Lots of people have reviewed and played his computer game, but usually all they say about him is that he was a mean old hermit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kunster posted:

Well if you want something to tide ya over, here's Bobbin Threadbare's segment on I have No Mouth And I Must Scream and Harlan Ellison.

Well, there ya go! Wish there was a decent way to get midis playing the same way I did on modern systems.

gently caress me that is still one of the scariest stories ever.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

achillesforever6 posted:

what else has he written, i know some star trek and IHNMIMS.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

cat doter posted:

is there a reason you continue to engage with this thread it only seems to make you mad

I ask myself this question every day. I don't even have this thread bookmarked, and yet somehow, I end up back in this thread.

Kim Justice posted:

Oh yeah, real original.

https://twitter.com/ResistanceHole/status/994266778737020933

Groovelord Neato posted:

that's boogie's problem he can't just say the right thing. he's always gotta put the qualifier because he's dumb. he doesn't know how to not dig himself into a hole.

Boogie's problem is that he's noncommittal and soft-shell with his responses. He's not outright condemning of anyone's actions.

Kunster posted:

I didn't see it posted previously, but in case someone doesn't know, Harlan Ellision passed away today.

If you're looking to get better MIDI playback with your games, try CoolSoft Virtual Midi Synth

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 29, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Patton Oswald's "B-Word Fat" joke is a funny fat joke.

Groovelord Neato is just being an rear end in a top hat for no reason. :shrug:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kim Justice posted:

Oh yeah, real original.

i mean fair enough point on the fat thing but when on earth has anyone in this thread attacked an internet personality for being transgender or black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i mean fair enough point on the fat thing but when on earth has anyone in this thread attacked an internet personality for being transgender or black

Not really something I've seen in this thread but it does happen online to an uncomfortable degree