Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

So they started that miniature kickstarter and in less than an hour they went over 5 times the goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/critical-role

I imagine that they're happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Adnor posted:

So they started that miniature kickstarter and in less than an hour they went over 5 times the goal.

Or loving terrified because all of a sudden they've gotta fulfil all those orders. :V

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Adnor posted:

Ha, the bundle for 45 quid comes with Kickstarter Exclusive Pumat Sol Prime... and then 3 additional simulacrum Pumat Sols that are suitably less detailed than the prime.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Teddybear posted:

Ha, the bundle for 45 quid comes with Kickstarter Exclusive Pumat Sol Prime... and then 3 additional simulacrum Pumat Sols that are suitably less detailed than the prime.

Yes, just what I wished for!

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
To be fair that's the only option on the campaign. $60 and you get 22 miniatures. It's... I'm really tempted cause that's a killer deal.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Fulfillment shouldn't be tough at all if the company is remotely competent, it's hard to mess up knowing 'Oh I need to make at least exactly X amount" and oh I have hundreds of thousands of dollars to make that happen. Estimated delivery is about 9 months from now too, that's plenty of time to work with.

I'm no expert, but I would think it's as simple as having molds for each miniature and then working that magic to turn PVC into those minis, and then repeating that around 10,000 times to cover the backers and additional inventory the want to have around and sell.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bagrada posted:

Spoil me please, does Grog ever get a full on Gandalf beard from his dwarven belt? C1E24 He just got scruff, and he's always so excited for anything including when they tied bits of rope to his chin as a prank.

They basically seem to assume it stops once it's basically the same as Travis' RL beard

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Arthil posted:

To be fair that's the only option on the campaign. $60 and you get 22 miniatures. It's... I'm really tempted cause that's a killer deal.

I play exclusively online now and I'm still very tempted.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I'm surprised they didn't include any stretch goals but it is the first time they've ever done this so I guess it's not that much of a shock that they didn't realize this would happen.

Archyduke posted:

I play exclusively online now and I'm still very tempted.

I also play exclusively online but I buy minis because I find painting them to be very relaxing so I'm definitely getting this.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/swiftmotv/status/1011728916401270785?s=21

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sion posted:

Or loving terrified because all of a sudden they've gotta fulfil all those orders. :V

This is the company that made the Dark Souls boardgame Kickstarter. This is just going to be a side project for them.

Vvvv oh it is, I was just pointing out, for the people that were worried about Steamforged being able to handle response, that the company successfully fulfilled a Kickstarter that generated 1.3 million in the same time frame.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 27, 2018

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I don't know, $494k in sales in just over a day is pretty ridiculous.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Silynt posted:

Gandalf beard, like belt length? No. Full, thick, luscious beard? Hell yes.

Confirmed in Episode 89 as Matt describes Grog as having a "fully fluffed beard" in Doty's drawing of him.

Man, that entire sequence from Pike's request to the reveal of the sketch of Grog is just pure gold. I have NEVER see Matt's face turn so red from laughing.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 28, 2018

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Just picture it as being Kratos-length from the new game. In fact when trailers for that game first started coming out, CR fans and the cast were jokingly calling it Grog of War.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I'm currently watching Episode 105 with Darin De Paul's guest character. I'm absolutely freakin' ENTHRALLED by him.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

CobiWann posted:

I'm currently watching Episode 105 with Darin De Paul's guest character. I'm absolutely freakin' ENTHRALLED by him.

Sprig is amazing. There's such a brilliant story behind Darin's tie to CR. He used to play DnD with Matt's mom back in the day, in a world called Tel'dorei and Darin's character was the only survivor of a TPK.

There's a bit at the end of the first episode he's in where Matt is like 'are you okay to come back next week?' and De Paul just looks him square in the eye and is like "of course, you know what this means to me."

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The ripley reveal where Marisha breaks character was cool

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Laura had her baby! Yay!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Teddybear posted:

Laura had her baby! Yay!

Looking forward to the Travis faceshops onto the baby.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I hope they take a page from Liam and Sam with regards to their kids and just keep them out of their social media circle, uses codenames etc.

Edit: and I know that sounds like they have kids together and I'm not doing anything to dissuade anyone of you of that notion.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Teddybear posted:

Laura had her baby! Yay!

Mere hours before the session, apparently.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Keru posted:

I hope they take a page from Liam and Sam with regards to their kids and just keep them out of their social media circle, uses codenames etc.

Edit: and I know that sounds like they have kids together and I'm not doing anything to dissuade anyone of you of that notion.

I didn't even know Sam had kids so they're already 100% taking the right approach to keep them far away from social media.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

kingcom posted:

I didn't even know Sam had kids so they're already 100% taking the right approach to keep them far away from social media.

It's only really something you know if you listen to their podcast where they talk about them using codenames like Romper Stomper instead of actual names and stuff, so yeah. They're real protective of their respective families, understandably given the internet in general.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Mere hours before the session, apparently.

Did they bring the newborn in as a new player?

kingcom posted:

If you follow him on Instagram, he's constantly posting stuff of his kids.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Keru posted:

It's only really something you know if you listen to their podcast where they talk about them using codenames like Romper Stomper instead of actual names and stuff, so yeah. They're real protective of their respective families, understandably given the internet in general.

Liam has mentioned a couple times that hes run a dnd game or something for his kid but really good on them for keeping them away to be honest. This straight up solidifies them as good people in my books.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Dr. Strangelove the prison warden.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Why'd it have to be a door

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I cannot believe they made the new parents pay.

Truly, they're the bestest of friends.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm gonna miss Kiri so much but my god she had 6 HP she was a stiff breeze from exploding into a comical puff of feathers :smith:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Marisha actually cried in that scene :gbsmith:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

... I mean, that's ONE way to handle that.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I can't wait to see who the guests are. My personal hope is a return of Wil and Mary because they are the best guests

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Oof, crushing my dreams for Kiri's future as a student of the Gentleman but not a bad way to go. Heck of a cliffhanger to leave off on for two weeks though, sheesh.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

A friend of mine pointed out we've been hearing about people going missing in literally every town the M9 passed through. It just keeps coming up and the M9 kept ignoring it because it seemed above their paygrade. Now it might not be related to this but if it is, this could be the first big story arc people have been waiting for.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I thought that was a spate of children missing, though?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Oh I hadn't made that connection at all, that makes sense as a connection.

I remember it being mostly children and happening in a town or area that's further east from where they are, but they could be moving around. Matt's brought it up often enough that it easily seems like a plot point that they could seek out or that would eventually come to them.

If they manage to resolve this latest crisis and still complete the Gentleman's task on time for a bonus I'll be super impressed. Remember they have to find a person in crime town, help her out, then get her out of there and all the way back to Zadash and they only have two weeks or so to do it. He might be cool about it if Jester lets him know they have her en-route and safe via sending though, who knows, and they have more pressing matters than gold right now.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Keru posted:

I thought that was a spate of children missing, though?

I think children were some of the ones missing but I vaguely recall that it wasn't always children. I dunno, I'm not going back through 25 episodes to catch brief references to plots the M9 ignored :v: We'll find out sooner or later.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Relistening to S1 while at work and loving hell was the start of the Whitestone stuff grim and dark and awful. And that's just Vox Machina! Grog pulling a dude's tongue out with his bare hands is some diabolical poo poo, Jesus. (tagged for folks that haven't gotten there yet)

Somehow I forgot that even happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Dragonatrix posted:

Relistening to S1 while at work and loving hell was the start of the Whitestone stuff grim and dark and awful. And that's just Vox Machina! Grog pulling a dude's tongue out with his bare hands is some diabolical poo poo, Jesus. (tagged for folks that haven't gotten there yet)

Somehow I forgot that even happened.

The HDYWTDT stuff is often pretty fuckin' gorey :P