Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Zack Gibson's promo from the UK tourney was great and man that heat :stare:

Also spoilers for the UK tourney obviously
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1011376963661934592

not spoilers if it aired yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

What chant(s) did they edit out?

Probably gently caress you gibson

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Reeves is wearing his kneepads on his shins and has a droopy rear end.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ouch

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1012126475091185664

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That main event was amazing. UE are absolutely killing it right now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

is pepsi ok posted:

Holy poo poo yeah that was great.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
A good episode of NXT for the most part. That being said, I still don't get the appeal of Kona Reeves. Maybe his gimmick will click once I see him in an actual feud, but like right now he's...pretty mediocre at best.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Candice coming in all happy was weird, though they at least made an effort to explain it and make the point (overdue, really) that it's time for her to actually just be a wrestler in her own right instead of just Johnny's wife.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

is pepsi ok posted:

I am getting so mad at these jackasses cause they just won't loving quit :rant:

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Rarity posted:

I am getting so mad at these jackasses cause they just won't loving quit :rant:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm watching the tag title match from the UK shows and it's absolutely loving nuts. You guys need to check this out.

Please don't trigger me, this thread is a safe space

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Cole really gets how to play a crowd, I'm starting to get really into him

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I want to watch a looping gif of Ricochet going :stare: at O'Reilly's zonked out :shepface: face forever.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just realised that Moustache Mountain being champs means no more belt guitar :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Life finds a way!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Candice coming in all happy was weird, though they at least made an effort to explain it and make the point (overdue, really) that it's time for her to actually just be a wrestler in her own right instead of just Johnny's wife.

I mean, Johnny lost but he's still got his job and everything now so things aren't bad.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Mauro highlight: "Ricochet looking to pounce on O'Reilly like a puma!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

Mauro highlight: "Ricochet looking to pounce on O'Reilly like a puma!"

Should've said "like a puma on a dragon... a red dragon!"

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Kona Reeves is really testing my moral obligation to support all Hawaiians (except Travis Browne) in sports. Flea Market Ric Flair is just not working for him and his matches are painfully dull.

Lacey Evans is mad clunky in the ring and seems to be worse than where she was in the MYC, so hopefully she will be relegated to house shows again.

Edit: forgot to mention that a backflip is the best counter to the Total Elimination

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 28, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1012442234472370177

This is a bad idea

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
RIP NXT being good?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Not really? They'd have to black it out on the Network in the US, obviously, but other than that, NXT or 205 Live could easily pull in numbers that would be really good for FS1 as I understand it. And being on a sports channel would actually be conducive to the approach they've been taking.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

Not really? They'd have to black it out on the Network in the US, obviously, but other than that, NXT or 205 Live could easily pull in numbers that would be really good for FS1 as I understand it. And being on a sports channel would actually be conducive to the approach they've been taking.

If it's on TV, Vince will care

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If it is true it will be announced in the next few days.

NXT people I know talk about it like it is true. I do know NXT is making some big/future forward personnel changes rather soon.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
That's cool, because the end of the Gargano/Ciampa feud might as well be the series finale of NXT anyway.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Gaz-L posted:

Not really? They'd have to black it out on the Network in the US, obviously

And there goes the last reason to have a network sub

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1012497634236551170

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Wasn’t Blaster McMassive one of Dream’s huge valets at the last Brooklyn Takeover?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Wasn’t Blaster McMassive one of Dream’s huge valets at the last Brooklyn Takeover?

Indeed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’ll be okay if it’s first run on the network and like a Saturday morning airing of it on FS1 or something but ugh if it’s coming off the network

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yup I'll stop watching nxt is it goes to fs1 cause I don't have cable and don't really want it for an hour long wrestling show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Am shite at putting faces to names

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1012530926860099584

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Edit: forgot to mention that a backflip is the best counter to the Total Elimination

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1012137419603357702?s=19

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Ava Storie is legit awful, but very very pretty. Rory Gulak is the least WWE looking wrestler in existence...

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Kyle O'Reilly's face during the main event was the best thing on NXT all year, I fuckin died.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’ll be okay if it’s first run on the network and like a Saturday morning airing of it on FS1 or something but ugh if it’s coming off the network

Yeah this. This is deeply upsetting to me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just caught the uk tourney shows, my biggest take away from it is if morgan webster ever makes it to the main roster they are 100% saddling him with an austin powers gimmick.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My favorite take away about Flash Morgan Webster is that he looks like a 70-year-old man and I love it

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i'd be real curious to see what happens to the rights in this fs1 thing. theoretically, they still have a hulu deal, somehow, but i have to imagine that'd go away. while fox may have a deal with hulu, i imagine they consider sports to be a separate thing they'd keep off hulu - sports are, like, the number one reason most americans still have cable, so they're not gonna give that kinda content up, even if it's sports entertainment

the absolute worst case scenario i could imagine is nxt going exclusive to fs1, getting added to the network only after a 2+ week delay, while takeovers remain network exclusive. of course this is wwe so that's likely what will happen :(

upshot: maybe if most people have to watch nxt when it's streamed on taima, it'll make nxt appointment television again, instead of something everyone waits until takeover to catch up on :v:

(also for those with cable tv or money to burn, i'm sure nxt will be streamable through the fox sports website with either a cable login or a psvue/youtube tv/sling/whatever login)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Phenix Rising posted:

My favorite take away about Flash Morgan Webster is that he looks like a 70-year-old man and I love it

He looks like a stretched version of Jay from The Inbetweeners