Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
that last page tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
His plan is literally to just throw himself at the bad guy.

In a series where Deku is getting repeatedly reminded that "just punch harder" isn't a long-term solution, I don't think Endeavor's going to get out of this without consequences.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

PMush Perfect posted:

In a series where Deku is getting repeatedly reminded that "just punch harder" isn't a long-term solution, I don't think Endeavor's going to get out of this without consequences.

At the very least, he already lost an eye so we're probably getting Punished Endeavor out of this.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

PMush Perfect posted:

Deku is repeatedly reminded that punching harder isn't a long term solution because he's a kid, he shouldn't be fighting villains yet anyway, and he's going to destroy himself before he even graduates high school if he doesn't stop.

Endeavor isn't really allowed to back down or leave the situation to others in the same way. He's the new #1 hero in a society that has implicitly relied on its #1 hero to be undefeatable for decades and is now in a state of unrest; one of his first high profile fights since getting promoted ending in him getting his eye torn out and him peacing out without stopping the villain would basically destroy any residual faith society has left. This is being hammered in hard, especially since High Spec is deliberately going after civilians instead of just wrecking stuff up randomly. Endeavor doesn't really have time to wait for reinforcements or to pull back and regroup.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really like the design of that noumu

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

that last page tho

Truth.

"We need to work together" is going to be an increasingly prominent theme from here on out.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I like the Icarus vibe going on in that last page. Hawks is burning away all his feathers to move Endeavor, and its gonna hurt both of them bad. Even if they win, both the #1 and #2 heroes are going to be out of commission for a WHILE. Endeavor's gotta heal, and Hawks needs to grow all his feathers back, and I assume that isn't a quick process.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
wasn't that one panel of Hawks about to get chumped through the head by the bad guys tentacle spike thing? or was that the back of one of his feathers. to me the panel read like Hawks giving all his support to endeavor as the no 1 hero and leaving himself open

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jerkface posted:

wasn't that one panel of Hawks about to get chumped through the head by the bad guys tentacle spike thing? or was that the back of one of his feathers. to me the panel read like Hawks giving all his support to endeavor as the no 1 hero and leaving himself open

I think that's almost definitely what happened, Hawks attacked bad dude while him and Endeavor were about to air joust as a distraction and left himself vulnerable to speed up Endeavor. By the time NotVenom looked back he was about to get a napalm punch to noggin.

Does anyone else get the impression that Hawks is/was an Endeavor fanboy?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Caidin posted:

I think that's almost definitely what happened, Hawks attacked bad dude while him and Endeavor were about to air joust as a distraction and left himself vulnerable to speed up Endeavor. By the time NotVenom looked back he was about to get a napalm punch to noggin.

Does anyone else get the impression that Hawks is/was an Endeavor fanboy?

I get that impression, yeah, the idea that out of all the other heroes, No one really thought about "Becoming number one" because no one can surpass All Might. But Endeavor was the only one who was still trying and wouldn't give up no matter how hopeless it seemed. As lovely as he is in his personal life, he has inspiring parts to him, just ya know... not the abuse your family stuff.

But the most important thing

Break next week

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
horikoshi is thinking of how to kill endeavour

really good chapter and made me respect heatdude a lot more but some sins can only be washed in blood

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Yeah, Hawks totally just took a spike through the head, didn't he?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
maybe Hawks will lose his right eye and then Hawks and endeavor will team up to form a super team that has 2 eyes when combined. the we need to act together to have depth perception duo

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
The taking a break for research thing is interesting, I haven't seen that before.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe it hasn't happened with mha before, but I've definitely seen that a lot for other series

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's basically just "Horikoshi needs a break" because he's probably getting stuff done in prep for going to Comiccon.

Still dreading the redemption arc part of this. Yeah yeah, I get we haven't seen it yet but the conversation with the kids makes it pretty clearly look like "SEE, HE NEVER GIVES UP ON ANYTHING. HE NEVER GAVE UP ON US EITHER. TAHNKS DAD" angle is what we're going to get barring Endeavor getting out and out killed here. This could be colored by my having recently seen the whole thing with Erina in Shokugeki no Souma since it has some similarities.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jun 29, 2018

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i also took it as 'he's never giving up trying to be number one even if it puts him in his grave which will be shown in 30 chapters or less'

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I hope Endeavour dies

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Viridiant posted:

The taking a break for research thing is interesting, I haven't seen that before.

I wanna say he took a research break during or at the end of the Overhaul arc.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Endeavor was
The coolest guy

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rodyle posted:

Endeavor was
The coolest guy
COOLEST GUY

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

*standing over endeavor's grave*

thanks dad. you taught me a lot, about how not to gently caress up and get myself killed

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
endeavor lived as he died, chasing poo poo way too strong for him, amen

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
looks like the icarus comparisons were on point

much like hawks' face

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

:vd:

Looking forward to Endeavor coming back from the dead dozens of times like Ridley

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Hawks will be fine and we'll all learn a lesson about the importance of proper eye protection.
Endeavor won't be fine, but we also just recently saw the real number one basically kill himself trying to protect people, so it's not surprising that he's basically aiming to do the same thing, but flashier.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It's like watching Whitebeard crush Akainu with half a face again. :allears:

So loving badass.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I'm really liking Hawks and hope he survives this, not just because he's a really chill yet competent hero, but he also can add a neat layer to Endeavor's potential development. This chapter seems to imply that he's kind of an Endeavor fanboy because Endeavor was the only hero not content with being in All Might's shadow, which is fine and understandable if you only know Endeavor's public image. But let's get the two of them partnering up for a while, supporting each other and building Endeavor up to really deserve that #1 spot, and then have Hawks learn the about Endeavor's little home-brew eugenics project. I think Hawks' and Endeavor's reaction to that revelation would be really interesting.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, Hawks totally just took a spike through the head, didn't he?

Pretty sure he just fired off an arrow. That expression does not portray shock imo.

But if it DOES mean he just lost an eye, I hope he and Endeavor can be eyepatch buddies

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think either of them are gonna die in this fight since hawks is brand new and I don't think horikoshi's anywhere near done with endeavor/todoroki's stuff

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mulderman posted:

Pretty sure he just fired off an arrow. That expression does not portray shock imo.

But if it DOES mean he just lost an eye, I hope he and Endeavor can be eyepatch buddies

i hope endeavor steals hawks remaining working eye and is a douche about it

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Or we could add to the despair pile and have Hawks figure out what a horrible shithead Endeavor has been, making him regret the support he's been giving him, and be yet another hurdle Endeavor has to climb on the path of redemption.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

pretty sure hawks is going to stick around, if for no other reason than he's a good foil for endeavor

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

drjuggalo posted:

horikoshi is thinking of how to kill endeavour

really good chapter and made me respect heatdude a lot more but some sins can only be washed in blood

And this is not one of those sins in my opinion.

Like not even his family that largely despises him want him to die.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/Color_Division/status/1012534395922731008
https://twitter.com/Color_Division/status/1012542539247902720

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

if you only know Endeavor's public image. But let's get the two of them partnering up for a while, supporting each other and building Endeavor up to really deserve that #1 spot, and then have Hawks learn the about Endeavor's little home-brew eugenics project. I think Hawks' and Endeavor's reaction to that revelation would be really interesting.

Then you find out that Hawks has always wanted/already has an Articuno or Zapdos kid, and they high five each other.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

All Might going Whey is prime avatar potential.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mirio and aoyama swapped are good

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Aoyama shining inside and out. Truly, he cannot stop twinkling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Give Aoyama One For All and let him become Alex Louis Armstrong