Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Season 2 of GLOW is real good, y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

I'm a couple episodes in and I'm not loving it yet. It looks like it's taken a few steps backwards, but hopefully it improves from here.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hana Kimura update

https://twitter.com/jmaynard8888/status/1012850820944035840?s=19

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm a couple episodes in and I'm not loving it yet. It looks like it's taken a few steps backwards, but hopefully it improves from here.

Never mind I just watched three more episodes and it's good again

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm not THAT afraid of Hana but I still wouldn't want to get on her bad side since her mother is one of the most dangerous women in Joshi ever.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1013045718578278400

Basic translation: Finally! It will be great to see you again, Io-san!

It will be a sad day in wrestling when Io shows up and pulls a Kevin Owens on Kairi. (By sad I mean it will rule)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I hope that they don't also have careers like Owens and Zayn.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Yeah, what's Kevin Owens done since he came to WWE?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

They're screwed

Who's gonna have the bad title run and who's gonna have the fragile bones

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

It’d be a real shame if Kairi and Io started making gently caress off money to the point they can indulge their hobbies.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm referring to NXT, but whatever. I'll worry about the main roster stuff when we actually get to that bridge in roughly a year or so. Because if Kairi and Io feud, its probably going to be an extended feud that lasts several Takeovers.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Rarity posted:

I loved it from the first episode*. That was the fastest binge I've had since probably last season.

GLOW has honestly been the highlight of my TV watching two years in a row. Time to go back to forcing myself to finish stuff :\

*It was all great cept maybe the one episode that was actually like an episode of GLOW 😂

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I loved it from the first episode*. That was the fastest binge I've had since probably last season.

GLOW has honestly been the highlight of my TV watching two years in a row. Time to go back to forcing myself to finish stuff :\

*It was all great cept maybe the one episode that was actually like an episode of GLOW 😂

But that is the best one!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I can't do tone-deaf. It turns me inside out

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Natsu is an Alexa stan

https://twitter.com/SMR_sptmber_luv/status/1013532003369537536

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
brb updating my fanfics

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Liked GLOW Season 2 a lot my main issue was the last episode and its pacing. How abrupt they winded everything up.

Hope Kia Stevens's performance becomes a big thing in and out of Wrestling. Shame GLOW came out on a relatively busy weekend for female wrestlers.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It's crazy how good Stevens is at the acting thing. You'd never guess she was new at this, even in the first season. Quick study I guess.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

twitter translate makes it sound like a death threat.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

twitter translate makes it sound like a death threat.

"She was so cute that she stopped breathing" definitely reads like a movie serial killer's justification for why he killed the little girl yeah

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I went to the RoH taping on Saturday and got a picture with Oedo Tai. They were the sweetest.

Also, they were pretty over with the crowd. I guess they really impressed the crowd at BotW because they were there for them and Mayu.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the bitw match got over big time

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
It was a good match and a good showcase for Oedo Tai. Both Kagetsu and Hana looked a little more comfortable than they did in the WOH tournament. Listening to the ring announcer mangle their names was the real highlight, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

"She was so cute that she stopped breathing" definitely reads like a movie serial killer's justification for why he killed the little girl yeah

I think it's meant to be a 'took my breath away' kind of thing.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
e: whoops double post

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 3, 2018

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Gaz-L posted:

I think it's meant to be a 'took my breath away' kind of thing.

Yeah it's this.

Japanese likes to leave out subjects and then switch them out mid-sentence a lot - "(Alexa is) so cute (I) lost my breath" - and machine translation doesn't know what the gently caress

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1014078809052794880

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Don't Kidnap is my new favourite song.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It really is kinda stuck in my head.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why isn't it on Youtube yet? :mad:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Saw that Kagetsu vs Toni Storm Red Belt match. They threw some some ouchie as poo poo submissions. Would have been better without the Oedo Tai interference(tho I did like the spit in the eye followed up with repeated head trauma)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

glow season 2 was decent but i do not share in any extreme love for it. most of the characters should be involved in something interesting if they get renewed for another season

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingEVE/status/1015274646927740930?s=19

Satomura vs Kay Lee Ray for free is pretty good!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hooray!

https://twitter.com/411mania/status/1015418247787638784

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I wish they'd have someone a lot more knowledgable about the wrestlers on the show rather than just last-minute research for these types of events. Quackenbush or Prazak could be great play-by-play or color commentators.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Mauro and Beth would be a much better pairing than half-interested JR and your drunk hippie Aunt Amy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Mauro and Beth would be a much better pairing than half-interested JR and your drunk hippie Aunt Amy.

Wasn't impressed by Beth or at least how she was produced for Mixed Match Challenge. Hope her MYC non-tournament commentary appearance wasn't beginners luck, a good night or came from the sense of the occasion/history only.

I crack on Mauro a lot. But he toned down his more annoying tendencies and didn't seem out of place calling wrestlers he might not have seen before during the WWE UK shows.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Mauro's always seemed like a dude who jumps online the second he hears he's doing a show and takes notes on literally everyone on the card.

(The most unforgivable moment about the first MYC's commentary was that it was post-produced and yet they couldn't fix them not remotely getting the spot where Candice put Shayna in the Gargano Escape, despite the entire building coming unglued for it. That's not even a moment that requires knowledge from the indies. That requires someone in production to say "that's her husband's finish, he's the top babyface in NXT".)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 7, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

A Lenny and Dave booth would get me to pay attention to MYC. Otherwise I wish the competitors financial prosperity and healthy outcomes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I might make a drinking game out of how many times people will mispronounce or misspell "Io Shirai."