Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm drinking yesterday's coffee too but from a mug. Tastes fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

prefect posted:

i want to know more about your keyboard

ergodox infinity with blues

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I bought a friend some locally roasted Sumatran beans for his birthday.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh no blimp issue posted:

I bought a friend some locally roasted Sumatran beans for his birthday.

a good friend

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
drinkin wawa beans right now

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ahhhh, fresh beans

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

achievement unlocked: drink the entire pot of coffee :sludgepal:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thinking about the time at my last job where i got called into the boss’ office because people were complaining I was making the coffee too strong. too bad I was the first one in meaning i get to make the coffee. i refused to apologize for wanting coffee in my coffee

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

thinking about the time at my last job where i got called into the boss’ office because people were complaining I was making the coffee too strong. too bad I was the first one in meaning i get to make the coffee. i refused to apologize for wanting coffee in my coffee

what kind of pissant office lol

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I wanna try cold brewing, someone link me to baby’s first cold brew guide

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Podima posted:

you grind the beans you throw them in water leave em alone for a day then filter and enjoy the brew.

*shill mode on*

i bought a Filtron cold brew set forever ago and it’s really easy to use, makes real good cold brew, and suits my needs

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Podima posted:

when I worked at caribou, we filled a pitcher half-full of ground beans, filled the rest of the way with water, stirred it, let it sit overnight, and then strained it in the morning

was p good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

you grind the beans you throw them in water leave em alone for a day then filter and enjoy the brew.

*shill mode on*

i bought a Filtron cold brew set forever ago and it’s really easy to use, makes real good cold brew, and suits my needs

yeah I got a filtron and its overpriced as gently caress for what it is but its so much easier than dealing w/ cheesecloth or something else.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
filter with aeropress, duh

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
one thing I want to try is getting just the barest head of steam on the vacuum syphon, pull the heat, and dump the unfiltered cold brew in the top to slug it through the filter without a bunch of effort

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wtf they can always add water.....not like your gonna dump more grounds in your cup.

And who gets called into the boss's office for something like that?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I had some really stupid petty coworkers.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gonna have some coffee tomorrow

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
thinking about coffee rn

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

made my first cold brew last night. it was good

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Podima posted:

buy this: https://www.amazon.com/Takeya-Patented-Airtight-Silicone-1-Quart/dp/B00FFLY64U

if you live near a costco, you can get that plus an extra storage pitcher $~25 which is a good deal

add rough ground beans in the late afternoon or evening, add water, stick in fridge overnight. cold brew ready for drinking in morning. If left longer than 6 hours it becomes concentrated, so depending on strength or length of steep and fineness of ground you want to add water. steep somewhere between 4 and infinite hours.

if you're drinking every day you can just pour out what you drink and refill with normal water back to the top. you can stretch grounds for up to a week before you'll notice any taste difference. if you aren't drinking fast enough you can pour the bean concentrate into storage pitcher and move the used grounds to a second pitcher filled with water while you consume the first.

you don't need some expensive coldbrew set, it's literally put grounds in water in the fridge. nothing fancy and it's a $20 buyin

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 5, 2018

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

gonna have some coffee tomorrow

had the coffee, it was good

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Meyer's is good soap. We use Method and it's is also nice but our tiny hu-mon is way too fascinated by the "push pump and the liquid turns into foam" aspect.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Schadenboner posted:

Meyer's is good soap. We use Method and it's is also nice but our tiny hu-mon is way too fascinated by the "push pump and the liquid turns into foam" aspect.

the foaming soaps are cute, you can just cut normal soap with water and the foaming dispensers work

like in my bathroom i have a dial foaming pump filled with dr. bronner's crazy person soap cut with like 60% water and it works great

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cocoa Crispies posted:

the foaming soaps are cute, you can just cut normal soap with water and the foaming dispensers work

like in my bathroom i have a dial foaming pump filled with dr. bronner's crazy person soap cut with like 60% water and it works great

I will try this. He likes the smell of Dr. B's Peppermint (and Mrs. Schadenboner hates all varietals of mint so that's an added bonus).

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

having iced coffee

i made it strong today

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

niced coffee

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mad Wack posted:

thinking about coffee rn

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I'm out of mixing whiskey so I'm going to have to drive to the store before I make my vacation day Irish iced coffee

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

bzzzzzzzz

Cocoa Crispies posted:

one thing I want to try is getting just the barest head of steam on the vacuum syphon, pull the heat, and dump the unfiltered cold brew in the top to slug it through the filter without a bunch of effort

do not put dr-b mint on your junk.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my fancy coffee grinder makes a huge mess and gets grounds all over my counter :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PokeJoe posted:

my fancy coffee grinder makes a huge mess and gets grounds all over my counter :(

is there some kind of lid or covering you could put on top of it?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I had a cup of office coffee with a half-and-half this morning, I'm thinking of having another one.

PokeJoe posted:

If you need suggestions on what soap to use for clean-up I'm sure either Cocoa Crispies or myself can help!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

CrazyLittle posted:

bzzzzzzzz

do not put dr-b mint on your junk.

what's with the sip hole

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I have to work a half-day tomorrow so I made a cambro (or whatever those squeeze-pots are called) of Blue Heeler when I got to work, it should stay warm enough for me to finish it by 06:00 tomorrow morning.

:yum:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cold brew from concentrate today

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

prefect posted:

is there some kind of lid or covering you could put on top of it?

It leaks out a little grounds out of the sides of the container near the bottom, so I could put it in a tray or something I guess

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"ice to meet you" - me to my iced coffee, 5:15am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

had all of a 3 cup moka pot and forgot to eat breakfast, guts so mad at me rn