Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Whoo boy. I don't even want to touch this post.

Then why did you quote it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

sassassin posted:

Then why did you quote it?

It keeps people from deleting the stupid poo poo they say when they sober up. It's basically God's work.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Why did you have to go and bring dad into this? <:mad:>

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Mulva posted:

It keeps people from deleting the stupid poo poo they say when they sober up. It's basically God's work.

Praise Dad!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Jesus christ this thread is garbage

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

My father taught me a number of positive traits like charity, resilience, assertiveness, compassion, respect, duty, taking care of family, etc.; that exemplify being a "man." I don't pretend to be all those things but it seems internet culture has twisted this idea because being a "man" is now apparently a bad thing because it somehow damages women when in reality it has nothing to do with women. So the guys on television are now a bunch of wishy washy man babies. So I don't think the problem is that you have no idea what it means but that you want, or have been taught, to believe that thinking in terms of gender is wrong. It isn't. Gender isn't a bad thing.

This subject needs a little something. Let me help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwZhKGgmoUI

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

wormil posted:

My father taught me a number of positive traits like charity, resilience, assertiveness, compassion, respect, duty, taking care of family, etc.; that exemplify being a "man." I don't pretend to be all those things but it seems internet culture has twisted this idea because being a "man" is now apparently a bad thing because it somehow damages women when in reality it has nothing to do with women. So the guys on television are now a bunch of wishy washy man babies. So I don't think the problem is that you have no idea what it means but that you want, or have been taught, to believe that thinking in terms of gender is wrong. It isn't. Gender isn't a bad thing.
Today I learned that women can't be resilient, charitable, assertive, compassionate, giving, dutiful, respectful or take care of a family. I had no idea. Guess I better quit my job taking care of sick people before someone mistakes me for a man!

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 22, 2018

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I remember where I've heard all of this before: Promise Keepers.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Hey, 30 new posts...

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

This seems hopeful:
http://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/06/25/lucifer-season-4-to-introduce-major-new-character/

article posted:

some of the biggest early conflicts between the producers and the studio and network were the times when Henderson and Modrovich wanted to delve into the mythology behind Lucifer, which flew in the face of an understanding by the money people that the show would be more or less a police procedural.

It appears as though, heading into a fourth season and with a rabid fan base behind them, the pair are going to delve into a new area of the mythology when the series comes back to Netflix.

Also something about introducing a new character.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

hangedman1984 posted:

Also something about introducing a new character.

Ugh. That's always a "good" sign.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I don't know. I liked what they did with Cain in the end.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Also, the 10 episodes are going to be released all at once and filming is scheduled to be complete in December 2018.

Edit:

CottonWolf posted:

I don't know. I liked what they did with Cain in the end.

I agree with that. I liked his introduction as Cain, the lead up to him being the Sinnerman and the final episode. The love triangle was strung out for way too long.

Also, I don't understand why everybody hates Ella. I didn't like her at first, but her optimism has grown on me. The show needed someone like that and Dan wasn't going to do it.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 26, 2018

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I didn't like Cain, am OK with Ella, and liked Charlotte a lot.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Ella was good, Charlotte was better. Also that note in the article that the two showrunners butted heads with the network over mythology vs procedural speaks volumes in TVland-speak--I could be wrong, and next year y'all can lambaste me if they keep loving up in all the same ways, but I think all the (super true) complaints that they spun their wheels too hard and didn't delve into the cool weird poo poo enough are going to get addressed in season 4. Also when trying to google this article on a work computer I didn't have SA access on, I ran across "WILL LUCIFER GET MORE NAKED NEXT SEASON?" I didn't read it, but I chuckled. Yep, that's exactly what the people wanna know, bless you, internet clickholes.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

atomicgeek posted:

I ran across "WILL LUCIFER GET MORE NAKED NEXT SEASON?" I didn't read it, but I chuckled. Yep, that's exactly what the people wanna know, bless you, internet clickholes.

I mean I kinda wanna know. :quagmire:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I would not mind Netflix putting in a "naked scene requirement" clause into Tom Ellis' contract.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I would not mind Netflix putting in a "naked scene requirement" clause into Tom Ellis' contract.

The great thing is, Tom Ellis might not mind either.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Forget about that; I just want a 'must sing in every episode' clause.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

The Lord Bude posted:

So Tom Ellis can sing while naked? I'm in.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
S4 main plot: "Someone took my devil dick!!!"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ella is my favorite character. She's upbeat and happy but you never exactly know when she'll reveal some completely bizarre thug stuff from her past.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Every adult walks around naked for one episode

grack fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 27, 2018

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I didn't like Cain, am OK with Ella, and liked Charlotte a lot.

I'd actually forgotten that Charlotte wasn't in it from the beginning.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm so glad this series got saved, I've enjoyed the three seasons and was excited for the fourth when I saw the season finale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

S4 main plot: "Someone took my devil dick!!!"

A thing from the comic is that they never quite explained the mechanics of angel sex because they were all smooth downstairs.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Lucifer's slept with most of LA at this point, somebody probably would have noticed if he were a Ken doll.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
He just rolled up junk out on the detective in season 1 when she went to see him. I think she'd had mentioned something missing. Same scene where she sees his scars for the first time.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
The greatest trick the devil ever played is convincing the world that he had junk.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Elentor posted:

Ella is my favorite character. She's upbeat and happy but you never exactly know when she'll reveal some completely bizarre thug stuff from her past.

She's the quirky pixie dream technician everyone loves. Isn't she pretty, isn't she wonderful etc. etc.

Like Dan everything potentially interesting about her has no narrative significance or conflict with the main cast. She's a straightforward helper monkey with entirely superficial characterisation.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Also she supports furry culture.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

sassassin posted:

She's the quirky pixie dream technician everyone loves. Isn't she pretty, isn't she wonderful etc. etc.

Like Dan everything potentially interesting about her has no narrative significance or conflict with the main cast. She's a straightforward helper monkey with entirely superficial characterisation.

Yes, but

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

sassassin posted:

At one point, I was sure she was going to be revealed to literally be God. Alas no.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Will never not love this

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

Apparently Netflix has picked it up.

Huh, wonder what that means for the UK, as Amazon had rights to it here. Conversely, Netflix had rights to The Expanse in the UK and now Amazon owns that.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

ijyt posted:

Huh, wonder what that means for the UK, as Amazon had rights to it here. Conversely, Netflix had rights to The Expanse in the UK and now Amazon owns that.

I'm curious about that too. Will the first seasons disappear from amazon and show up on netflix, or will you need amazon prime to watch old seasons and netflix to watch new?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ijyt posted:

Seasons 1 to 3 are on Hulu in the US right now. It will be interesting.

Edit: if I'm being honest, I wish Netflix had picked up Timeless instead of Lucifer.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Just started catching up after deciding to start rewatching the entirety of Supernatural cause "it'll probably not take too long" back in February.

How come the last two episodes are so janky? They feel so out of place and big cop out after the end of the Pierce arc reeeeeeeee
Also, do you guys think the show will change any when it switches to Amazon? Have any other shows been picked up by Amazon that we can compare with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix, not Amazon. Also those last two episodes were holdovers that were supposed to be slotted into next season when it was going to air on Fox.

• Locked thread