Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
kenny hosed up, his apology isn't good enough, he should have never let them on the show in the first place. he's in the wrong, not the people upset at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1013155129267286016

tldr: He's offering refunds

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

MassRafTer posted:

He personally booked them he says so in the tweet. Reading is your friend. He says it twice. They helped him so he let them do the match.

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1013076436134047744

The tweet says he let the wrestling school/ring crew book the match, not him.
Even if he didn't book the match, he still had a ring crew with a convicted sex offender on it.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

a much better apology, thanks kenny

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gnossiennes posted:

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1013076436134047744

The tweet says he let the wrestling school/ring crew book the match, not him.
Even if he didn't book the match, he still had a ring crew with a convicted sex offender on it.

Producing/agenting are different from booking and he said he gave them the power to do whatever they want. If you want to say he didn't take responsibility for booking them on the show because of that sure, I guess. He then posted a full apology and offered refunds.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

this is the kind of apology he should have put out first

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this is loving stupid just like the claims that he's a racist for saying the americans try harder while talking about naito were loving stupid

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

An improvement

cams
Mar 28, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

this is the kind of apology he should have put out first

nah he should have said "suck my nuts, assholes" and bounced

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not good enough Kenny. You didn't vet the curtain jerkers. This loving offense will not stand, you piece of garbage.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Also finding it funny that not one iota of blame is going to the school who thought that they could get away with it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Given what Kenny has stated he didn't know these two, had outsourced the booking and has instantly apologised I don't know what people are still upset at him over.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gonzo McFee posted:

Given what Kenny has stated he didn't know these two, had outsourced the booking and has instantly apologised I don't know what people are still upset at him over.

Instantly? It took him almost *checks watch* FIFTEEN HOURS to apologize. Piece of garbage. He was probably doing coke with all his sex offender buddies.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1013161748671680513

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

kenny represents something special to a lot of people and they take it as a personal betrayal when he does something to undermine that. kenny brought a ton of people into wrestling and his being seen as socially progressive has a lot to do with it. this isn't about those two florida morons, this is about kenny hurting them.

it's understandable and i don't even think they're necessarily wrong for being upset. i just do not care about this at all myself. they were local guys who sucked poo poo in the ring for 10 minuted. it is unfortunate that people who weren't scumbags couldn't have those spots i guess.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/SarahFlann/status/1013138558142631936?s=19

Hey shut up this is important news.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

G1 winner confirmed

the long boys just needed to be red

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

jobber pants. motherfucker looks like he could wrestle arik cannon next week

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gonzo McFee posted:

you're on a website where people still make fun of the administration for making a convicted pedophile a moderator 5 years after it came out

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

you're on a website where people still make fun of the administration for making a convicted pedophile a moderator 5 years after it came out

You're going to have to narrow it down a bit

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The initial apology could of been better but I do think this is an honest mistake as Kenny hasn't done anything like this before. His second statement is way better and also next time he really should just pay to bring a proper New Japan crew instead of a Florida one cause lord was the ring also a mess last night.

Also goodbye sweet gold long boys. Gone too soon from the world

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

punishment martinez now designing gear for okada

goth turn incoming

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gonzo McFee posted:

You're going to have to narrow it down a bit

schmorky wasn't actually a mod

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

schmorky wasn't actually a mod

they're talking about TVIV mod Aatrek

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mods knew

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

cams posted:

he does street fighter commentary at a "high level" for the community, but i am surprised how good he is at this. he's fun.

the other fgc guy, rynge, is going for more play by play but he's also holding his own.

i dunno the guy in the middle, may be a ringer they brought in to keep things on track.

For people that don't know, he's one of the best European fgc commentators, and also has his own radio show on the biggest UK station. Has a long running jokey feud with Kenny as well as being a massive wrestling nerd in general.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Spuckuk posted:

For people that don't know, he's one of the best European fgc commentators, and also has his own radio show on the biggest UK station. Has a long running jokey feud with Kenny as well as being a massive wrestling nerd in general.

The middle guy is a non-fgc esports commentator, from what one of my friends said, maybe dota or something. Definitely seemed more polished in a broadcast sense than the other two, but still seemed to know his wrestling

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kenny hosed up by letting them be the first dark match without double checking their dudes, he then hosed up by engaging people on Twitter. But it also sounds like CEO were the ones who actually hired the school. Kenny has enough good will built up that It feels like it is in the realm of a "Don't do it again" and he's fine. Hell, NJPW keeps booking known sex pest Michael Elgin and everyone complaining about this show is still watching them.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Kenny hosed up by letting them be the first dark match without double checking their dudes, he then hosed up by engaging people on Twitter. But it also sounds like CEO were the ones who actually hired the school. Kenny has enough good will built up that It feels like it is in the realm of a "Don't do it again" and he's fine. Hell, NJPW keeps booking known sex pest Michael Elgin and everyone complaining about this show is still watching them.

idk, it definitely feels like there's a subsection of NJPW fans out for his blood and Kenny has been giving them ammunition to use against him this week.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Baron Corbyn posted:

idk, it definitely feels like there's a subsection of NJPW fans out for his blood and Kenny has been giving them ammunition to use against him this week.

It feels like woke wrestling fan is particularly attracted to NJPW and they seem to not be jaded to the awfulness that's normal in pro-wrestling historically. They weren't around for Dragongate's monkey abuse or the old DVDVR sleaze list or all the general unpleasantness.

Feel like they are unrealistic, online there's a reluctance to accept humans gently caress up, all they can do is apologise and learn and move on and that's not good enough, you're not allowed to gently caress up. It's stupid and a great way to alienate people.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Being a decent person means making time to lecture on serving an ideal from a distance while being extremely lovely toward others in direct contact with you. especially if you don't have their file on hand. You never know

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

It feels like woke wrestling fan is particularly attracted to NJPW and they seem to not be jaded to the awfulness that's normal in pro-wrestling historically. They weren't around for Dragongate's monkey abuse or the old DVDVR sleaze list or all the general unpleasantness.

Feel like they are unrealistic, online there's a reluctance to accept humans gently caress up, all they can do is apologise and learn and move on and that's not good enough, you're not allowed to gently caress up. It's stupid and a great way to alienate people.

Kenny has also attracted a lot of people to wrestling by being the closest thing wrestling has to a modern gay icon. I think a lot of people are invested in him in a way he might not get. Dude really needs to learn not to engage twitter though. He made himself look real bad by arguing with people before putting out an actual apology.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Kenny has also attracted a lot of people to wrestling by being the closest thing wrestling has to a modern gay icon. I think a lot of people are invested in him in a way he might not get. Dude really needs to learn not to engage twitter though. He made himself look real bad by arguing with people before putting out an actual apology.

I agree but I don't blame him from being a jackass to that first ginger ninja guy. Jumping straight to the pulpit to deliver his sermon at Kenny about how bad he is instead of asking Kenny if he knew the guy he booked in his dark match was a nonce and how that managed to happen is pretty good illustration of the lovely Twitter takedown culture.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i agree that kenny's biggest mistake, by far, has been engaging with morons on twitter.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

cams posted:

i agree that kenny's biggest mistake, by far, has been engaging with morons on twitter.

I think booking the paedo was a bigger mistake but generally yeah.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
He’s real bad at Twitter and has been for a long time
Nothing he posts is ever interesting and he’s terrible at trashtalking

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kenny Omega is not as bad at twitter as the Young Bucks, I feel confident in that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Juice not going on Twitter is probably the smartest move yes

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm at CEO and I saw Kenny and Ibushi at the Fire Pro station. They were surrounded by thirsty fgc women talking about how good looking they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm at CEO and I saw Kenny and Ibushi at the Fire Pro station. They were surrounded by thirsty fgc women talking about how good looking they are

fgc?