Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
https://imgur.com/gallery/C6mI0dV

This is like a painting

Also: I just realized the Mariners have a better record than every team in the NL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

This is like a dogs playing poker painting:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Tony Phillips posted:

This is like a dogs playing poker painting:

Needs Paxton after his no no too.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mariners get the sweep! And go to 7-0 in extra innings.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Mariners get the sweep! And go to 7-0 in extra innings.

Aren't we up to 8 wins in extras? There were two in the series.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah it’s 8.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Aren't we up to 8 wins in extras? There were two in the series.

Whoops yeah you’re right, cool! Glad to see Nicasio did fine yesterday and today.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Whoops yeah you’re right, cool! Glad to see Nicasio did fine yesterday and today.

That's right, Nicasio was fine, it was Colome who imploded last night.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Let's loving goooooo! I have enjoyed playing the Orioles.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

Let's loving goooooo! I have enjoyed playing the Orioles.

And the Royals are next! :D

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
1998 Back to the Future game is on Root Sports right now

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mariners Own Zone: Intact

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
The Mariners have the possibility of going 19-9 in June if they win on Friday and Saturday.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I'm going on Saturday and planning to buy a future shirsey, so they better win that one.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

If my birthday bbq gets rained out tonight I’m saying gently caress it and taking a cab to the stadium.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I Believe

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
From the "The 2nd half of the season will go just like the 1st half" file:

The record for most 100 win teams in a season is 3.
The most a single league has ever had is 2.
After finishing the sweep of the O's, the M's are back on pace for 100 wins which of course gives the AL a ridiculous 4.

Out of the 58 wild card teams since 1995, the 2001 A's have been the only 100 game winner. Since the AL Central doesn't seem to want to join the party, we're on pace for two 100 win wild card teams, and a 100 win team gets sent packing after a single game. Beats being the 1993 Giants, though.

Side note - in looking up past wild card team win totals, I had forgotten how nuts the 2015 NL Central was. 100, 98, and 97 game winning teams in the same division?

Edit : Looked up the best winning percentage for a team that didn't make the playoffs since the World Series came into being. The answer is pre-wildcard, of course. The 1909 Cubs. 104-49, but managed to finish 6.5 in back of the Pirates. A .680 winning percentage that would come out to 110 wins in a 162 game season. A year after winning the World Series, and you don't get to go back despite having an amazing year. Oh well, there's always next year.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 29, 2018

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Marco more like Magical

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/LookoutLanding/status/1012919369058344960/photo/1

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

anyone else kinda pissed there was only one wildcard spot for so long? M's would've tied for the second spot in 2002 and had it outright in 2003

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mr. Fix It posted:

anyone else kinda pissed there was only one wildcard spot for so long? M's would've tied for the second spot in 2002 and had it outright in 2003

Trust me, I spent a lot of time raging about it back then. I don't know about the NL, but the AL really needs that second wild card spot because of the East. I was so happy when the league implemented it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

gently caress the WC. We comin for that first place brass ring god dangit.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
13 games left with Houston, so the M's are going to have their shots to take the division.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

quote:

The 52 wins tied for third-most by Seattle in its first 83 games of a season behind only the 2001 and '03 clubs.

Awesome.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Astros lost again today let’s goooooooo

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

HEY NONG MAN posted:

gently caress the WC. We comin for that first place brass ring god dangit.

This guy gets it.

We’re in a suite at the game for a birthday. Neat change from usual 300 level.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
EXTERMINATE

EXTERMINATE

https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1013239720573202433

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Expectations cautiously untempering

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Mitch Haniger is good, like all Mariners, but he may be the goodest.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Anyone else get extremely nervous when they see Colome on the mound?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

logger posted:

Anyone else get extremely nervous when they see Colome on the mound?

Yes. He got the outs without giving up a run, so ok today.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Healy! 4/4 tonight.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Ben Gamel has some intense ink

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Reposting here because hell yeah Dee

https://mobile.twitter.com/FSKansasCity/status/1013244527866449921?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I loved the Dee kept untucking and retucking it as he went from batting to the field after the ump made him tuck it in for his first AB.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Last night was so fun, I was planning on catching some early sleep but stayed up til midnight instead. Wish I could have been in Seattle for this!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

This is a cool and fun team

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010
:hai:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

N: In the month of June, facing a very tough schedule, the Mariners went 19-9. They went 16-2 when not playing the Yankees or Red Sox.

V: :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Paxton with an 8 inning shutout, Diaz strikes out the side in the 9th, 7 wins in a row!

• Locked thread