Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think the 1 scum per 4 person block is too much in the realm of wifom.

Balance reasons it makes sense, but no reason for us to count that as true, especially when the mechanics are being developed as we play.

Yeah I'm not taking it as gospel or anything, it just happens to be what I believe right now.

Also, someone was converted into an SK during the game, right? I didn't imagine that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I would laugh so hard if I was right about Rex being scum bsck when there were only four of us, even though I was incredibly wrong about the game format

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm town (Vanilla). I wouldn't be shocked if some of the group's were 4 town or 50/50

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I am also a plain, vanilla, townie, and I agree with the notes of caution assuming 1 scum per quad.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

I'm town (Vanilla). I wouldn't be shocked if some of the group's were 4 town or 50/50

:agreed:

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Murmur Twin posted:

Rex, say something to me that would make me think you're not scum.

I had an idea recently for a ghost-hunters parody movie.

It stars a team of anti-ghost hunters who sneak onto "Haunted" locations during other television ghost hunting teams' paranormal investigations and pretend to be ghosts. But then, during a routine anti-ghost hunt, they discover that the ghost hunting team they're hunting are actually ghosts.

Its a satirical horror reality serial found footage suspense thriller.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

I have the entirety of Lewis Carol's "The Jabberwocky" committed to memory. I used to use it as my primary monologue in theater auditions.

"Twas brillig and the slithey toves,
did gyre and gimble in the wabe,
all mimzy were the borogroves
and the mome rathes outgrabe.

Beware the Jabberwock my son
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jub-Jub bird and shun,
the frumious Bandersnatch.

He took his Vorpal blade in hand,
long time the manxious foe he sought.
So rested he by the tum tum tree
and stood a while.

And thought...

And in such uffish thought he stood
the Jabberwock with eyes of flame
came whiffling through the tulgy wood
and burbled as it came.

One, two. One - Two - And through and through!
His vorpal blade went SNICKERSNACK!
He left it dead and with its head
He went, galumphing back.

Hast thou slain the jabberwock?
Come to my arms my beemish boy.
Oh Frabjous Day! Kaloo-Kalay!
He chortled in his joy.

Twas brllig and the slithy toves
did gyre and gimble in the wabe
all mimzy were the borogroves
and the mome rathes outgrabe."

I used to do it with a heavy Scottish accent. It was awesome.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

KhediveRex posted:

Lewis Carol

I used to do it with a heavy Scottish accent. It was awesome.

This person is lying. A person who genuinely appreciates Lewis Carroll enough to make this commitment wouldn't misspell their name in such an abhorrent fashion. Lynch all liars.

##vote Rex

This vote will stay until audio evidence is provided.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

Supposedly Moscow was nuked during the Napoleonic Wars.

It sounds ridiculous on it's face because we didn't have nuclear weapons at that time in history but - hear me out.

The Kremlin area of Moscow, the center of the city, is lightly radioactive. it's also lightly radioactive in a nearly perfect circle perimeter. Much of that part of Moscow was, historically of record, destroyed during the Napoleonic Wars. Supposedly a large fire broke out and ruined most of the Kremlin area.

What strange about this is that the government portion of Moscow was required to be built of a white soap stone native to the area. This was in the literally in the by-laws of the neighborhood and old depictions of the kremlin and it's surrounding area are basically uniform in showing the buildings made of white soap stone. This rule was in the by-laws to prevent fires from destroying the government center of Moscow. The soap stone was inflammable.

This soap stone can still be found in Moscow. It is in ruins. it doesn't have any char or smoke damage. It looks as though it were knocked over and shattered into countless smaller pieces. Some of these pieces got repurposed to build the new Kremlin district. Consequently, the rubble and the evidence can still be found today.

A fire would not have reduced the soap stone to rubble. Even incredible heat would have melted the stone, not shattered it.

Further more, a French soldier in the Kremlin district wrote his experience with the fire in a diary that has survived to today. He describes seeing the fire as "An incredible bright light which descended down from the sky." He goes on to say that when the "Fire" impacted the Kremlin there was a wave of "terrible heat" that knocked down buildings in a circular perimeter.

Again, doesn't really sound like a fire.

And last but not least, pretty much everyone is aware that the French suffered incredible casualties during their march out of Moscow and back to France; histrorically credited with minimal food, the incredibly cold Russian winters and a number of illnesses that swept through the French legion. However, did you know that the French soldiers also lost fingernails, teeth and hair? That they suffered from sores? That some of them grew tumors? All of this is confirmed in diaries written by the men who suffered the walk back from Moscow.

So... I mean ... I don't know. I'm not gonna say for sure what did or didn't happen but, I think we need to acknowledge that what we know of this event in history is hard to reconcile with "Just a Fire". And a lot of the speculative evidence could be interpreted as something like a nuclear weapon.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

The I Ching is the world's most sophisticated divination system. I prefer it to everything.

Except astrology.

Really though - Tarot? Tea Leaves? Clairaudience? Dream-quests? Pendulums? Crystal Gazing? Quija Board? All of it is fun. None of it is half as useful just throwing an I Ching reading.

It's like reading poetry. Written by Confucius. About you. Totally worth trying.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

Mikhail Tal was a wizard.

Figuratively. Also, literally. Very literally. I saw him do spells one time.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

My spirit animal is Papa Smurf.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

MMT, say something that makes me think you're not scum.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Dancer posted:

This person is lying. A person who genuinely appreciates Lewis Carroll enough to make this commitment wouldn't misspell their name in such an abhorrent fashion. Lynch all liars.

##vote Rex

This vote will stay until audio evidence is provided.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0oOsJJGr4DG

Let me know if you'd like to hear "Modern Major General" from Pirates of the Penzance.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
You should let me play, I require an a faction to hate.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

KhediveRex posted:

Let me know if you'd like to hear "Modern Major General" from Pirates of the Penzance.

I really enjoy comic opera so yes please

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

KhediveRex posted:

Supposedly Moscow was nuked during the Napoleonic Wars.

It sounds ridiculous on it's face because we didn't have nuclear weapons at that time in history but - hear me out.

The Kremlin area of Moscow, the center of the city, is lightly radioactive. it's also lightly radioactive in a nearly perfect circle perimeter. Much of that part of Moscow was, historically of record, destroyed during the Napoleonic Wars. Supposedly a large fire broke out and ruined most of the Kremlin area.

What strange about this is that the government portion of Moscow was required to be built of a white soap stone native to the area. This was in the literally in the by-laws of the neighborhood and old depictions of the kremlin and it's surrounding area are basically uniform in showing the buildings made of white soap stone. This rule was in the by-laws to prevent fires from destroying the government center of Moscow. The soap stone was inflammable.

This soap stone can still be found in Moscow. It is in ruins. it doesn't have any char or smoke damage. It looks as though it were knocked over and shattered into countless smaller pieces. Some of these pieces got repurposed to build the new Kremlin district. Consequently, the rubble and the evidence can still be found today.

A fire would not have reduced the soap stone to rubble. Even incredible heat would have melted the stone, not shattered it.

Further more, a French soldier in the Kremlin district wrote his experience with the fire in a diary that has survived to today. He describes seeing the fire as "An incredible bright light which descended down from the sky." He goes on to say that when the "Fire" impacted the Kremlin there was a wave of "terrible heat" that knocked down buildings in a circular perimeter.

Again, doesn't really sound like a fire.

And last but not least, pretty much everyone is aware that the French suffered incredible casualties during their march out of Moscow and back to France; histrorically credited with minimal food, the incredibly cold Russian winters and a number of illnesses that swept through the French legion. However, did you know that the French soldiers also lost fingernails, teeth and hair? That they suffered from sores? That some of them grew tumors? All of this is confirmed in diaries written by the men who suffered the walk back from Moscow.

So... I mean ... I don't know. I'm not gonna say for sure what did or didn't happen but, I think we need to acknowledge that what we know of this event in history is hard to reconcile with "Just a Fire". And a lot of the speculative evidence could be interpreted as something like a nuclear weapon.

Don't know if this true, morning poo poo posting, but I'll be damned if it wasn't interesting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
How do you know whether you’re vanilla

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

KhediveRex posted:

Haha I actually feel like you’re probably scum but you’ve won me over enough for me not to vote you. :j:

Also, yes to encore.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
##unvote

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

clicked an ad and found this game. never posted in this thread before, this is my first time, and i am signing up, dont know what mafia is

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I thought it was low key scummy to float the idea that there might only be 1 scum per four.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

How do you know whether you’re vanilla

If you are asking this you are probably vanilla

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

I thought it was low key scummy to float the idea that there might only be 1 scum per four.

Yes I agree. This game has been different based off of what I was thinking.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Soooo anyone have any ideas? Kinda hard to make reads with 90% joke content + low level of posting.

Gut read says 50 because the only thing he's contributed is T/D discussion.

##vote 50

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'm confirmed town.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I guess I’ll extend the deadline 11 hours from this point because not much has happened and it is the weekend

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
In my block of entrants I feel like xad is scum. Just reads that way to me.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Guys, I'd rather not singlehandedly murder someone, plearo someone commit to, or at least suggest, a vote.

(MMM is this majority or plurality?)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
If one scumclaim turned out to be scum why not the others says I.

##vote genex

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

sniper4625 posted:

If one scumclaim turned out to be scum why not the others says I.

##vote genex

It’s as good a vote as any, besides the part where it’s a bad one

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote gx

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Actually going back through the thread, when did GX scum claim?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

sniper4625 posted:

Actually going back through the thread, when did GX scum claim?

I posted something like

“I’m scum, i’m gonna kill nat 20”

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

GeneX posted:

I posted something like

Oh is that all?

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

im scum

##vote Natural 20

Seems innocuous only you should know by now the format for alignment in the pms matches.

GeneX posted:

I posted something like

Defense now, but I mean they said it themselves

GeneX posted:

It’s as good a vote as any, besides the part where it’s a bad one

Added caveat, but compared to the other claim...

The Ninth Layer posted:

No fitty, I am scum. But if you help me win I won't nightkill you, and you can be an honorary member of my Mafia controlled town.

##vote SalTheBard

Scum claims before voting mechanics unlocked.
I'm taking it at face value. If you don't want to be voted for claiming scum, don't claim scum. Simple enough.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

sniper4625 posted:

Oh is that all?

##unvote

So is that all, absolutely.

It is more than enough reason.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

In my block of entrants I feel like xad is scum. Just reads that way to me.

I have like one post in here, what are you reading?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Xad posted:

Wait they have?

Hm

Xad posted:

This game is going...well? I think?

Didn't vote anyone. Shows up.

Xad posted:

I have like one post in here, what are you reading?

Using lurking as a defense.

It's all guy feeling but there were scum claims and a lunch target and the most you've had to contribute was that you thought the game was going good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I mean I'd rather lynch the claimed scum, but if it came down to it. I'd vote for you.

All others in our block have contributed.

Merk's contribution the most questionable aside from your own.

• Locked thread