Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Paxton with an 8 inning shutout, Diaz strikes out the side in the 9th, 7 wins in a row!

And a half game back of the Astros. If we can get anywhere near even against them head-to-head down the stretch, we'll have a real division race on our hands.

Not to mention, a Yankees loss tonight means Seattle is just one game back of the first Wild Card spot. I just want to see playoff baseball in Seattle, dammit!

\/\/\/\/yep.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Who gets homefield in the WC game? Team with the better record?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
That game was so dang fast. My four year old kid was stoked.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
GOMS BINCHES

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Might check them out on the 4th for the free hat.

I can’t afford to buy channels, and can only read about them, so are the fans turning out for games again? Best part of live games is crowd energy, last several games I’ve been to have been pretty much dead.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
38K showed up today from what I heard it’s not a sell out but pretty good for a kinda cold day

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Today it was pretty packed at Safeco. There was one section in RF they closed off but every other part of the stadium was full of fans today.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
It felt like a little bit more for a random Sunday game, but not a ton. It was also a bobblehead day which always spikes attendance.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Also Mike Zunino seems very nice, but he is an extremely bad hitter. I don't know how he manages to look like he's figured it out every year then crash hard. I wonder if the Mariners should be looking for a catching upgrade at the deadline.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

https://imgur.com/gallery/pjmB2qH

Crowd was pretty legit and everyone on their feet for Edwin.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Also regarding Zunino, doesn’t he make up for his inconsistent hitting by being way efficient at picking off base runners?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Paxton with an 8 inning shutout, Diaz strikes out the side in the 9th, 7 wins in a row!

Starting to get more and more hype and planning a trip back home next month, def gonna catch a game. I miss Safeco. Are the crickets a good snack?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The bbq nachos are my new jam.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/marktchamp/status/1013596141798035456

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

HEY NONG MAN posted:

The bbq nachos are my new jam.

Did you get any poutine today, since it is Canada day? I am going on my birthday at the end of July and I hope they still have poutine then.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

sigmachiev posted:

Starting to get more and more hype and planning a trip back home next month, def gonna catch a game. I miss Safeco. Are the crickets a good snack?

They’re fun to try, I think it’s $4 for a cup?

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Also regarding Zunino, doesn’t he make up for his inconsistent hitting by being way efficient at picking off base runners?

He’s capable of throwing runners out, and has 12 home runs, but really needs to get his average above .200, or at least stop hitting in double plays with runners in scoring position. Andrew Romine figured it out and boosted his average up, so should Zunino.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

In the first Healy struck out, ball got away from the catcher, he made it to first and Cruz scored from 3rd.

Good times. Plus a solid 7 innings from LeBlanc, earning his new contract.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress the Angels

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat
Servais is getting closer to that haircut with the 33rd save by Diaz of the season.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

N: Mariners Win

V: gently caress the Angels

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

gently caress the Angels

:yeah:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Trout goes 0-3 with an IBB. I can live with that.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Trout goes 0-3 with an IBB. I can live with that.

Ohtani 0-4 with 3 Ks. I can gloat with that.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Tony Phillips posted:

:yeshaha:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

Hell yeah.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

gently caress the Angels

gently caress the Angels!

Why on Earth isn't this smilie :sickos:? Oh well, GOMS and whatnot

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 4, 2018

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hey guys have you heard? gently caress the Angels!

I don’t want to just beat them. I don’t want to just end their season. I want to embarrass them.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

shirts and skins posted:

Why on Earth isn't this smilie :sickos:? Oh well, GOMS and whatnot

The Onion has parody editorial cartoons by Ward Sutton under the pseudonym Kelly. The guy in the smilie is one of his over-labeled enemies of real America and is frequently drawn to represent the left wing and often labeled Sicko.

e: nevermind, I completely misread your question. Good question btw.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Today was an extremely frustrating game. So many opportunities that weren't or were barely cashed in on.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

I know. Just hope they get right back to mowing down the dregs like they're supposed to.

Heh. They won 8 straight games after I posted that - doing just what they should do.

And I'm immediately back to mentally chicken littleing like an idiot after last nights game.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
So the M's won last night. By more than one run even. Sky status : not falling again.

Was reading the LL article about Dee's catch last night and ended up in the Youtube rabbit hole. So here's a reminder that Mike Cameron did this in his 4th game as a Mariner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vV5Zm-Cqk

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Tony Phillips posted:

So the M's won last night. By more than one run even. Sky status : not falling again.

Was reading the LL article about Dee's catch last night and ended up in the Youtube rabbit hole. So here's a reminder that Mike Cameron did this in his 4th game as a Mariner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vV5Zm-Cqk

I was at that game and the place went insane. It was awesome.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I remember watching the game against the White Sox in 2002 when he went 4 for 4 in his first four at-bats

Four home runs

https://youtu.be/r7TCEifXjrY

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
So Felix on the DL with a case of Being Bad At Pitching?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shiroc posted:

So Felix on the DL with a case of Being Bad At Pitching?

I'd said it's likely?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

David Freitas gets his first big league homer over a leaping Mike Trout.

Not thrilled three Mariners got hit this game, although none seemed serious. Also Marco Gonzales owns.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

36 saves before the dang break. Get those clippers warm.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

Soiled Meat

Hyrax Attack! posted:

David Freitas gets his first big league homer over a leaping Mike Trout.

Not thrilled three Mariners got hit this game, although none seemed serious. Also Marco Gonzales owns.

If they had Diaz batting then all four 2018 All-Star Mariners could have gotten hit-by-pitch in that game.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/GregJohnsMLB/status/1017846440188669952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Are the Mariners wearing the dark blue jerseys more this year than in previous ones? I feel like they are.

• Locked thread