Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Lynch just wrote to clarify this whole dumb thing.

"Dear Mr. President,

This is David Lynch writing. I saw that you re-tweeted the Breitbart article with the heading – Director David Lynch: Trump ‘Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History.’ I wish you and I could sit down and have a talk. This quote which has traveled around was taken a bit out of context and would need some explaining.

Unfortunately, if you continue as you have been, you will not have a chance to go down in history as a great president. This would be very sad it seems for you – and for the country. You are causing suffering and division.

It’s not too late to turn the ship around. Point our ship toward a bright future for all. You can unite the country. Your soul will sing. Under great loving leadership, no one loses – everybody wins. It’s something I hope you think about and take to heart. All you need to do is treat all the people as you would like to be treated.

Sincerely,

David Lynch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Breadallelogram posted:

Guys he's rich as hell, he's probably not going to have great political insights

That's where I stand. Very odd then that people would object when others point this out!

Your Parents posted:

yes thank you for slamming a self-isolating artist for not having a savvy social media presence. you loving rear end in a top hat. you dumb rear end in a top hat.
The self-isolating artist should shut the gently caress up about topics that affect other people 1000x more than they'll ever affect him if he can't display empathy for those people :)

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Glad he followed up. He needed to.

acksplode fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 26, 2018

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

acksplode posted:

That's where I stand. Very odd then that people would object when others point this out!

The self-isolating artist should shut the gently caress up about topics that affect other people 1000x more than they'll ever affect him if he can't display empathy for those people :)

Glad he followed up. He needed to.

how old are you?

Fastened Portal Bart
Dec 16, 2004
Tally ho!
He phrased it that way on purpose knowing that the media would take it out of context and generate a bunch of publicity.

It's David Lynch, guys.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

how old are you?

Young enough to be impatient, let's get to the own here

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
LISTEN ALBERT, WHEN THE BLACK LODGE SENDS ITS DEMONIC ENTITIES, IT'S NOT SENDING ITS BEST

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Donald Trump will succumb to the power of Transcendental Meditation

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Twin Peaks season 4 should just be a video recording of Lynch in character as Gordon meeting with Trump.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The good Donald is in the Lodge and he can't leave

(just kidding, there is no good Donald)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
President Dougie

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No no, that's the guy from Alabama who beat Leland Palmer for the Senate

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Was jean michel renault the black lodge version of jacque?

???

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
nah

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

"Dear Mr. President,

This is David Lynch writing. I saw that you re-tweeted the Breitbart article with the heading – Director David Lynch: Trump ‘Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History.’ I wish you and I could sit down and have a talk. This quote which has traveled around was taken a bit out of context and would need some explaining.

Unfortunately, if you continue as you have been, you will not have a chance to go down in history as a great president. This would be very sad it seems for you – and for the country. You are causing suffering and division.

It’s not too late to turn the ship around. Point our ship toward a bright future for all. You can unite the country. Your soul will sing. Under great loving leadership, no one loses – everybody wins. It’s something I hope you think about and take to heart. All you need to do is treat all the people as you would like to be treated.

Sincerely,

David Lynch"

I know I’m a fanboy but for as much abstract weirdness Lynch likes to get into, when he speaks directly and honesty he has such a genuinely kind nature to his words. I’ve noticed this in interviews a bunch. He seems to value other people in a unique way. I strive to handle myself like that more often.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Read Room To Dream everyone it’s so great!! The way Lynch tells stories about his life is incredible. He remembers the oddest and best details.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Fastened Portal Bart posted:

He phrased it that way on purpose knowing that the media would take it out of context and generate a bunch of publicity.

It's David Lynch, guys.

Yes of course David Lynch, the guy who is constantly pulling PR coups to painstakingly cultivate his media image as a moony septuagenarian weirdo who can barely discuss anything but transcendental meditation

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

"Dear Mr. President,

Sincerely,

David Lynch"

tl;dr trump needs to fix his heart or die

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
David Lynch and my mom were born in the same hospital.

That's my super distant brush with David Lynch, thanks for reading.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahaha, this headline :allears:
https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1011707941630726145

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
You can unite the country. Your soul will sing! Lol, ok man.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Gordon Cole is definitely on the search for the piss tape in his timeline.

Been reading some UFO literature from the 70s and alien contactees were claiming to do seemingly mundane tasks just like Freddy being told to pick up a single green garden glove. Mark Frost is a goddamn book worm :allears:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Herr Fuhrer, this is David Lynch writing. It's not too late to turn this ship around. Point our ship toward a bright future for all.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Data Graham posted:

No no, that's the guy from Alabama who beat Leland Palmer for the Senate

2017 turned out to be a good year for three separate guys named Doug Jones

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
How funny is it that in the TP extended world, the CIA is associated with evil (owls, black lodge, etc) and the FBI is associated with good (coffee, pie, white lodge, dreams of Monica Belluci)?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

So I'm finally reading Final Dossier, and it's definitely a very straight forward "poo poo Lynch didn't put in that we should have" thing and it's great.

Two things: the explanation for Norma's mom is good but completely unnecessary. I don't know why they added.

Second: I forgot about Philip Jeffries asking "what year is this?" That has to be linked to the finale, surely? But how I don't know. Maybe he went to a parallel universe too.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

acksplode posted:

Herr Fuhrer, this is David Lynch writing. It's not too late to turn this ship around. Point our ship toward a bright future for all.

the idea that this smooth brained idiot narcissist has anything in common with hitler other than a fanbase and racism is so loving stupid. if trump is hitler, bill, w, w's father, obama, and every us president through history is hitler.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Your Parents posted:

the idea that this smooth brained idiot narcissist has anything in common with hitler other than a fanbase and racism is so loving stupid. if trump is hitler, bill, w, w's father, obama, and every us president through history is hitler.

Now you’re getting it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Your Parents posted:

:yeah:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5mWghUw4Ow&t=46s

imagine it's the white house instead

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Alan_Shore posted:

Second: I forgot about Philip Jeffries asking "what year is this?" That has to be linked to the finale, surely? But how I don't know. Maybe he went to a parallel universe too.

I think so, and it's why I like the finale so much as a true conclusion, as much as i also want more. Coop messed with poo poo he didnt understand, just like Jefferies and Desmond. And he dropped out of the world through the same rabbit hole as they did. There is no winning against these enemies.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

The Walrus posted:

I think so, and it's why I like the finale so much as a true conclusion, as much as i also want more. Coop messed with poo poo he didnt understand, just like Jefferies and Desmond. And he dropped out of the world through the same rabbit hole as they did. There is no winning against these enemies.

Exactly. The ending left you with a gut-churning sense that Cooper’s irrevocably hosed up. Like he GameSharked the universe and now he’s glitching into a corrupted file that crashes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'd rather have another season

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

s4 will be Coop/Laura moonlighting as frycooks at R&R in alternate-Peaks while they occasionally try and inevitably fail to fix things. Let's do it

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Through the darkness of future's past,
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds...
"Fire... walk with me."

Coop is going to do the magic chant and become an immortal demi God FBI agent that consumes multidimensional pies!

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I could understand how people that don't really read or take interest in Lynch take stuff he says out of context but i'm ashamed of the posters in this thread. What he was talking about wasn't even complicated. SMDH.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Odddzy posted:

I could understand how people that don't really read or take interest in Lynch take stuff he says out of context but i'm ashamed of the posters in this thread. What he was talking about wasn't even complicated. SMDH.
Nah he was saying 2 different things, which you would know if you read the full quote lol

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
That follow up letter he wrote was straight up shameful; like, goddamn.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
BOB, you are causing great suffering. But you have the chance to bring the lodges together. Your soul will sing!

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Lynch wishing an encounter with Trump could go like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ&t=112s

but really it'd end up more like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHGITJqMbO4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
https://www.inquisitr.com/4965894/david-lynch-spotted-at-netflix-office-sparking-rumors-of-new-movie/

:trumppop:

Also, somebody should post a Twin Peaks picture or text in the GBS probation thread so we can get some cool Lynch themed sixers going.