Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Adun posted:

Yeah at some point Portnoy's gonna get pushed out and the meltdown will be amazing

I'm holding out for his inevitable arrest for tax evasion or wire fraud myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'd guess a sexual harassment suit and hours of audio like that to play for the jury.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

What has Kenny Mayne been doing lately? I completely forgot he existed until today.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hockles posted:

What has Kenny Mayne been doing lately? I completely forgot he existed until today.

He's semi-retired.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Hockles posted:

He's been doing hard hitting sports journalism

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1012446797883760640

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

espn downsizing continues

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

espn downsizing continues

Don't belittle them just because of this shameless cross promotion.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

This is what sparked my curiousity.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I just want to say how ironic it is that Awful Announcing, critics of the trend of sports sites pivoting to video, has a giant gently caress-off video autoplaying on their site.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

I just want to say how ironic it is that Awful Announcing, critics of the trend of sports sites pivoting to video, has a giant gently caress-off video autoplaying on their site.

Their site is more unreadable than SI.

I watched the last couple of High Noons on ESPN3 today and it seems that they can't get the streaming rights for all the videos that they can show on TV and on Twitter. Probably a third of the segments are Bo and Pablo reacting to something that you can neither see nor hear. And in podcast form it's all echo-y on top of that. Pretty entertaining when it all comes together though.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah AA's site is loving brutal nowadays. I have no idea who 12up are but i hate them

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

drat LeBatard and Stu took the wrong time for a vacation with the Lebron news that just dropped today. Can’t wait for them to get back in next week.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What is ESPN going to talk about now that the Lebron deal is done, Baseball?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

settle in for four years of talking about the los angeles lakers

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

kawhi hasn't been traded yet

and football training camp starts soon

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I assume it'll just go back to all NFL all day soon

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

What, you think ESPN is going to stop talking about LeBron James, ever?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

MourningView posted:

I assume it'll just go back to all NFL all day soon

it is almost august

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I want lacrosse season to come back because that thread was so funny.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

chunkles posted:

settle in for four years of talking about the los angeles lakers
So, pretty much par for the course?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
at least magic isn't on tv this time

till he gets fired anyway

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

They’ll talk baseball if the Mets bring up Tim Tebow.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So this is impressive. There was (is?) an attempt to create a 3rd sports radio station in San Diego. You may remember them as having had to fire their morning host before they even got started because he tweeted a suicide joke regarding the Coronado Bridge. The guy hired on short notice to replace him has been fired twice previously for dumbshit remarks.

The Nielsen ratings are in.

quote:

As the San Diego Reader reported last week, Sileo’s four-hour morning show earned a 0.0 Nielsen rating in May for men aged 25-54.

You honestly have to try to get a 0.0 in M25-54 in sports radio.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Charlotte Wilder is getting her own SI Now show

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

So this is impressive. There was (is?) an attempt to create a 3rd sports radio station in San Diego. You may remember them as having had to fire their morning host before they even got started because he tweeted a suicide joke regarding the Coronado Bridge. The guy hired on short notice to replace him has been fired twice previously for dumbshit remarks.

The Nielsen ratings are in.

You honestly have to try to get a 0.0 in M25-54 in sports radio.

Why on earth are there 3 sports radio stations in a market with no major league teams

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

Why on earth are there 3 sports radio stations in a market with no major league teams

That is also a very good question!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You can hear (some) San Diego AM stations in Orange County and even the IE, although I'm not sure if these are those types of stations.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Rick posted:

You can hear (some) San Diego AM stations in Orange County and even the IE, although I'm not sure if these are those types of stations.
XTRA Sports 1090 is the only one I know of... it's the only way Jim Rome gets into the LA market unless they finally dropped him.

edit: Turns out they did... Rome is on virtually nothing now. Too much Smacktalk I guess. :rip:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

The Padres are sad.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

exploded mummy posted:

The Padres are in the National League, still.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

1090 has a really strong signal, it's super clear in Orange County and I can usually pick it up pretty deep into the IE and LA county.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah I definitely listened to 1090 in Ontario and Lake Elsinore.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How the gently caress does Dan Sileo keep getting work :psyduck:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

The Padres are in the National League, still.

that's like saying ARCA is "professional" stock car racing.

MourningView posted:

1090 has a really strong signal, it's super clear in Orange County and I can usually pick it up pretty deep into the IE and LA county.

its a clear channel frequency like WFAN's 660, which means its pretty uninterrupted in the region

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jul 3, 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Benne posted:

You can flat out murder someone on-air at a previous station and if someone thinks you can still get callers then by god you're gonna get work.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Robnoxious posted:

XTRA Sports 1090 is the only one I know of... it's the only way Jim Rome gets into the LA market unless they finally dropped him.

edit: Turns out they did... Rome is on virtually nothing now. Too much Smacktalk I guess. :rip:

lol is rome really dying nationally? hes still on here in az on cbs

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Benne posted:

I used to leave Sileo’s show on the radio at home during the day for my dog and cat. But, sadly, on the third day I came home and they had both perished in some kind of murder-suicide pact by somehow filling the tub with water, jumping in, and then knocking the radio into the water, as well. It was the damndest thing. I think the cat talked the dog into it, to be honest. Anyway, that leaves 198 listeners, and I’d bet 70% of them are pets at home alone.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ramadu posted:

lol is rome really dying nationally? hes still on here in az on cbs

Part of it is that both ESPN and Fox have good reasons to push other shows and have done a decent job of throwing money at sports rights to grow their stations across the country, but another part is that the audience has aged even by aging radio audience tandards.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I used to leave Sileo’s show on the radio at home during the day for my dog and cat. But, sadly, on the third day I came home and they had both perished in some kind of murder-suicide pact by somehow filling the tub with water, jumping in, and then knocking the radio into the water, as well. It was the damndest thing. I think the cat talked the dog into it, to be honest. Anyway, that leaves 198 listeners, and I’d bet 70% of them are pets at home alone.

i swear to god i saw you post this exact reply in a different thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Robnoxious posted:

Rack em.