Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
and then the movie, Cherry Pope Zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I prefer Pope Throwback and Crystal Pope

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

esperterra posted:

Because unless Dykstra she comes forward with her proof, or someone else comes forward to say he did the same to them that he did to Dykstra, it gets harder to prove.

Even if she is right-- and I do believe she's told the truth-- if she gets swept under the rug as a false claim, that's a knock against the movement and throws a wrench in things in general, not just this one case.

Chris Hardwick's relationships are what we in the stats biz call Mutually Exclusive Events. The probability of him being an rear end in a top hat is not effected by the observed results of whether he was an rear end in a top hat or not in others :eng101:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rarity posted:

Chris Hardwick's relationships are what we in the stats biz call Mutually Exclusive Events. The probability of him being an rear end in a top hat is not effected by the observed results of whether he was an rear end in a top hat or not in others :eng101:

I don't think it's impossible for an abuser to only be an abuser in one of their relationships. I'm just saying in situations like this where (until she releases w/e proof she has) we have no proof or it's been too long to prove it physically, you have to start looking for a pattern. And Hardwick's pattern is working against her right now.

My issue is less whether or not he did it (he totally did it) but the perception the general populace will get from this if he manages to successfully shut Dykstra up by having former girlfriends coming forward saying he was a perfectly normal boyfriend. It will create a precedent for people to point at other accusations and go 'well she must be lying like that Dykstra chick was'.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes please. I loved that series.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Medullah posted:

"Nancy Downs (The Craft, 1996)

lmao no way, that's what I guessed but I was sure I was wrong

also Carmen Sandiego and Max Headroom on the wall, nice

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know who the guy with the gun on the top right of 96 is and I'm thinking the dude on the bottom left is The Highlander.

But is that Jem? In 96? How old am I?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Keep in mind the portraits are people from the 80s.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lycus posted:

Keep in mind the portraits are people from the 80s.

Ah, yeah. I'm dumb.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know who the guy with the gun on the top right of 96 is and I'm thinking the dude on the bottom left is The Highlander.

Yeah definitely Highlander. Dirty Harry maybe?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Sledgehammer

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0090525/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ah of course. That show was a favorite of young me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't normally recommend TV shows much these days because I don't watch many new ones really but I have a new one I've been loving. It's called Condor and it's the Audience Network. If you have DirecTV or ATT Uverse and like political thrillers give it a look. It's based on the same material as one of my favorite movies, Three Days of the Condor, and has a lot of people you'd know in it. It's real good so far but it's also totally in my wheelhouse so that probably plays some part in my love of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfiYZ7UIWco

X-O fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 2, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

STAC Goat posted:

Definitely Jem yeah lmao

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fuuuck, how does Derrick Beckles do this?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

I prefer Pope Throwback and Crystal Pope

less laughter posted:

and then the movie, Cherry Pope Zero

zoux posted:

Can't wait for season 3: Pope Classic

lmao

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The Young Pope suuuuucked

They should just make Teen Pope from Hollywood Handbook instead

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Is there still an adult swim thread somewhere? This mostly for millennials show is great.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
There's still the Adult Swim/Toonami thread in ADTRW, but it's pretty much just anime now. If Adult Swim can keep up their streak it might be time for a new one. The old thread just died because there were too many dead zones between original stuff.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Strong start to Beckles’ wiki page

quote:

Beckles spent the majority of his teenage years in Toronto punk bands including Black Jello, who were well known for being banned from every possible live venue in Toronto.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ShakeZula posted:

The Young Pope suuuuucked

WRONG!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Young Pope ruled and Malkovich is such a good addition

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I'm finally watching Justified. What a great show, almost done with season 3 already. I'm so glad that they let Neal McDonough off the chain for this season, he is SO good when he is allowed to run wild with his performances. See also: Legends of Tomorrow.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Escobarbarian posted:

Young Pope ruled and Malkovich is such a good addition

That show had styyyyyle, but I hated it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Popelmon posted:

I'm finally watching Justified. What a great show, almost done with season 3 already. I'm so glad that they let Neal McDonough off the chain for this season, he is SO good when he is allowed to run wild with his performances. See also: Legends of Tomorrow.

God that character was loving great. Enjoy the finale!

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

God that character was loving great. Enjoy the finale!

Hands down the best villain in a show with great villains.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Not nearly enough love for Margo Martindale in here right now.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Beloved character actress Margo Martindale.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

Not nearly enough love for Margo Martindale in here right now.

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can watch the first three seasons of Justified and miss the entirety of the second season.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’d put McDonough third after Boyd and Martindale’s character but he still rules

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Escobarbarian posted:

I’d put McDonough third after Boyd and Martindale’s character but he still rules

Justified is one of those shows where everyone is gold, literally everyone. You could have a one or two scene supporting guest star who serve no purpose to the plot other than to describe what the bad guy of the week looks like to the Marshals who feels like they could be the star of their own show. Even the supporting cop characters who are usually the worst thing about a show like this (Hello Dexter) are pretty good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh, Michael Rappaport.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Justified made even him tolerable.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Disagree

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Uh, Michael Rappaport.

That guy plays the same character in everything and that character is an annoying whiney shithead but I would argue that he plays the hell out of a Whiney Annoying Shithead.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

That guy plays the same character in everything and that character is an annoying whiney shithead but I would argue that he plays the hell out of a Whiney Annoying Shithead.

Way back during the initial run of Prison Break, some goon said that he looks like he has a permanent bowel cramp.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Michael Rappaport gets a pass for life for his amazing documentary on A Tribe Called Quest. Seriously if you like them it's a must watch.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Popelmon posted:

He will always be Lt Buck Compton to me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
nah

https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/938292629216940033

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
I was just attempting a lovely pun with (Justified spoilers: ) hands down, that's all. Nothing beats Boyd, even though that blue-eyed psycho came pretty close.